Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineJeff Funk
 User Gallery

Argggh i hate toy, biter ass graff writers!!!
    #549443 - 04/22/11 07:03 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

Boy do i hate wack new toy ass writers who bite established writers styles, letters and color schemes. I also hate when people take credit for so-called aerosol paintings where the detail is clearly to small and define to be done with any sized spray cap. Toys fall off the deep end and quit stealing ny name. Just because you spell your name the same as mine dont make u me. The styles dont even match up rookies. Sorry for babbling it just irks me.

--------------------
@Str8dankgenetics

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineCoaster
I'm Back Baby
Male User Gallery

Loc: Sativa Central Flag
Re: Argggh i hate toy, biter ass graff writers!!! [Re: Jeff Funk]
    #549449 - 04/22/11 07:14 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

yai agree:protest:

--------------------

OfflineMuk
Stranger
Re: Argggh i hate toy, biter ass graff writers!!! [Re: Coaster]
    #549572 - 04/22/11 11:22 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

I hate graffiti "writers" as well. Asshole vandals.

Invisibletodcasil
awesomes anonymous
Female

Loc: Sonoran Desert
    #549574 - 04/22/11 11:25 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

I must be out of this loop :confused:

--------------------
"If there are exceptions to a rule, then it is not a rule"

I am a Czech-Gypsy/Aztecan.

:ramen: :cactus: :straightpride: :aum:

Invisibletodcasil
awesomes anonymous
Female

Loc: Sonoran Desert
    #549580 - 04/22/11 11:32 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

Ok I think I know what you're talking about now..

But isn't the beauty of an 'art' form like graffiti the fact that it is an
open source media?
meaning, anyone can do whatever the fuck they want, because style,
mode and attitude are all things that can be learned, taught or gifted.

Besides, who gets butt-hurt over graffiti?

Imitation is the best form of flattery, unless you're a dick :smirk:

Unless I still don't know what you're talking about, of course.

--------------------
"If there are exceptions to a rule, then it is not a rule"

I am a Czech-Gypsy/Aztecan.

:ramen: :cactus: :straightpride: :aum:

OfflineJeff Funk
 User Gallery

Re: Argggh i hate toy, biter ass graff writers!!! [Re: todcasil]
    #549667 - 04/23/11 07:55 AM (12 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Muk said:

And we hate you too!

Quote:

todcasil said:

open source media?

And I dont think you know what I'm talking about. If I've been writing for 12+ yrs, have even gotten paid to do multiple walls around this state for numerous small and nationwide companies. Why would I be flattered about someone trying to use the same name with the same spelling, and mimicking letter forms(just a form of plagiarism to me)? I put in the work to develop my own style so can these other talentless fools. So yes i guess I must be a dick then!Luckily it's "just graffiti" because if it was any of my published or copyrighted work I would be the one laughing all the way to court and the bank. And Muk you could have kindly moved on to another thread instead of dropping your 2 cents off that no ones cares to hear.

--------------------
@Str8dankgenetics

OfflineMuk
Stranger
Re: Argggh i hate toy, biter ass graff writers!!! [Re: todcasil]
    #549676 - 04/23/11 08:15 AM (12 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

todcasil said:

The guy who owns the bulding/home that just got vandalized.

OfflineJeff Funk
 User Gallery

Re: Argggh i hate toy, biter ass graff writers!!! [Re: Muk]
    #549677 - 04/23/11 08:21 AM (12 years, 11 months ago)

I dont know what graff writers are in your area, but who vandalizes homes and buildings that arent worth tearing down? Are you a pig? Your low post count and interest in my thread makes me wonder.

--------------------
@Str8dankgenetics

OfflineMuk
Stranger
    #549680 - 04/23/11 08:42 AM (12 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Jeff Funk said:
I dont know what graff writers are in your area, but who vandalizes homes and buildings that arent worth tearing down? Are you a pig? Your low post count and interest in my thread makes me wonder.

Nah. Youll find a similar opinion in a similar thread at the shroomery, with a very similar username. And a higher postcount. And at least where I live, kids love to spray up apartment complexes that people live in. I associate it with living near a military base.

So my apologies, if you arent one of those douchebags, than fuck the ones that are. Id have to admit my knowledge on graffiti is lacking, but where I live it is a problem.

Edited by Muk (04/23/11 08:44 AM)

OfflineTHEBats
The Bridge Master
Male

#549691 - 04/23/11 09:49 AM (12 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Jeff Funk said:
Quote:

Muk said:

And we hate you too!

Quote:

todcasil said:

open source media?

And I dont think you know what I'm talking about. If I've been writing for 12+ yrs, have even gotten paid to do multiple walls around this state for numerous small and nationwide companies. Why would I be flattered about someone trying to use the same name with the same spelling, and mimicking letter forms(just a form of plagiarism to me)? I put in the work to develop my own style so can these other talentless fools. So yes i guess I must be a dick then!Luckily it's "just graffiti" because if it was any of my published or copyrighted work I would be the one laughing all the way to court and the bank. And Muk you could have kindly moved on to another thread instead of dropping your 2 cents off that no ones cares to hear.

You're the kind of people who give graffiti a bad name. Too much ego to know what to do with.  Where's this published/copyrighted work you speak of?

--------------------
kickin-two-hundo said:
you know what i did in english class? I came to class stoned out of my mind every day, i chugged vodka in the back of class, i put dead fish in the ceiling tiles. i put a gallon of old milk and orange juice in the file cabinet before winter vacation. i brought snakes in a tied up sweater and let them loose during class. i didnt go to school to learn, i went because i had to. i didnt care, and i didn't fucking listen to that stupid bitch. and i still don't fucking care. i tore the pages out of her books and burned them, and threw away all the books in the class, two books per day.  :twobooks:

OfflineJeff Funk
 User Gallery

Re: Argggh i hate toy, biter ass graff writers!!! [Re: THEBats]
    #549924 - 04/23/11 09:46 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

THEBats said:
Quote:

Jeff Funk said:
Quote:

Muk said:

And we hate you too!

Quote:

todcasil said:

open source media?

You're the kind of people who give graffiti a bad name. Too much ego to know what to do with.  Where's this published/copyrighted work you speak of?

You dont know me to make that statement... But ok if you say so. Ill write with anyone newb or vet. But if you have complete utter disrespect for the culture or craft, no matter what it may be. You should get your shit together before you make things difficult for the ones who came before you plan and simple. And why would i give links to my artwork on this forum that would lead to my true identity? Doesn't seem too bright. Im an graphic artist, and art is my living which i take quite seriously so enough said. And just in case you didnt know any original photo,art, digital artwork is sole property of the creator. If you took pictures of one of your lovely ladies and i decided i wanted to use it in one of my works without your permission. I would be in big trouble if i received any type of compensation, and you sought legal action. So with legitimate proof it will count as copyrighted material in court. And for my published works again i dont see that fit for this forum. So take my word or not on that one.

And to Muk i would called those people in your area graff writers/artist but vandals. Me and any  other who takes the culture seriously dont tolerate those acts. Our targets are usually eye soars, abandon, demolishing objects. And any other walls businesses are done with permission.

--------------------
@Str8dankgenetics

OfflineTHEBats
The Bridge Master
Male

#549936 - 04/23/11 10:16 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

Chances are there are artists who have come before you, and have inspired you.  I like your art but I think you're flattering yourself a bit with the level of originality you praise yourself for and expect from other artists.

I can understand why you would get angry from blatant ripoffs, but in most cases there is no case of copyright as there is no compensation, or money being made off the work.  It would fall under the fair use clause.

--------------------
kickin-two-hundo said:
you know what i did in english class? I came to class stoned out of my mind every day, i chugged vodka in the back of class, i put dead fish in the ceiling tiles. i put a gallon of old milk and orange juice in the file cabinet before winter vacation. i brought snakes in a tied up sweater and let them loose during class. i didnt go to school to learn, i went because i had to. i didnt care, and i didn't fucking listen to that stupid bitch. and i still don't fucking care. i tore the pages out of her books and burned them, and threw away all the books in the class, two books per day.  :twobooks:

OfflineJeff Funk
 User Gallery

Re: Argggh i hate toy, biter ass graff writers!!! [Re: THEBats]
    #549941 - 04/23/11 10:35 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

Im not saying i didnt use others work for ideas. Someones work should inspire rather thetes compensation involved or not. Style should reflect ones personaility imo. When someone usrs your letterform thats one thing, but when you use the same name with two letteres that switched places. Thats a little much. Idk maybe you're too stuck on thinking i said i was the originator, or "giving myself praise". To open up your eyes and mind to realize im saying its part of the graff cult not to bite to that extent in any country, or on any continent in the world. Im not gonba come on here get some beans from Magash of his "Maneater" grow them out call them "Manbeater" and take them to the cannabis cup and say look at this new strain it took me 8yrs to stabalize knowing good and well its his strain he put years into creating and taking credit for it. Its just some things you dont do. But im over the subject and theres no need trying to get someone to see the bigger picture when they dont see where you're coming from.

--------------------
@Str8dankgenetics

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals