Home | Community | Message Board

High Mountain Gold Compost
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisibleungreatfuldead
Male

growing small plants? *DELETED*
    #545924 - 04/13/11 07:37 AM (12 years, 11 months ago)

Post deleted by mattnowicky

Reason for deletion: want to abandon my account.

Edited by ungreatfuldead (04/13/11 07:42 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibleungreatfuldead
Male

Re: growing small plants? *DELETED* [Re: ungreatfuldead]
    #545925 - 04/13/11 07:38 AM (12 years, 11 months ago)

Reason for deletion: im out.

OfflineKaptKid
Spaced Pirate
Male User Gallery

Loc: Bright Side of the Sun
Re: growing small plants? [Re: ungreatfuldead]
    #545928 - 04/13/11 07:47 AM (12 years, 11 months ago)

Yes, you can.

You would be amazed were pot can grow and the smallest of plants will produce bud.

--------------------
Child of the 60's, Tripping ever sence.

Invisiblemhbound
Ballin out at all cost
Male User Gallery

Loc: High Flag
    #545938 - 04/13/11 08:25 AM (12 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

mattnowicky said:
Hey guys, Ive got a question for all of you. Is it possible to go from seed to harvest, all in a small garden pot? Once the pot is completely full of roots, does the plant just stop growing?

Just wondering because I think it would be cool to keep a little plant near the window, maybe give it a little artrificial light as well...Just a little plant that i could baby and maybe harvest a quarter or so from it.

Is this practical? do people do this? can you get it to start flowering quickly once its at maximum hight because its a small plant?

and to anyone who has done this, how quickly can you get from seed to harvest if you start 12/12 when its about 10 inches tall, i hear it will shoot up to about 2 feet upon harvest.

2 feet if yer lucky. Depends on the strain. I'll post some pictures later tonight of before and 3-4 weeks in to flower and you'll see the difference its impossible to hide.

Anyway, before it was like 6-8 inches and now its 23 and 18 inches...So basically they both tripled in size. I over-watered them and underfed them on purpose to hopefully stunt its growth but as soon as I switched to flower, transplanted and gave them good nutrients it was over they went on a growing frenzy.

You could train the plant to stay under the windowsill like bend it at a 90 degree angle almost and give it good nutrients. The lack of a good light source will make it suffer some but you could get a nice yield doing it that way.

--------------------
Suck my balls America

OfflineDudeTron
 User Gallery

Re: growing small plants? [Re: mhbound]
    #545959 - 04/13/11 10:21 AM (12 years, 11 months ago)

I was thinking about this myself.... I was considering going the Autoflower route for these results.

The other thing I was thinking was just a late-season plant... when would be a good time to plant to achieve little 2 foot budsicles?

Also about your questions regarding container size, IME if you give your plant all the water it needs throughout the grow, and prevent salt buildup, pot size wont dictate anything to do with plant size.  However it will often get to a point where it's just no longer practical to be watering and flushing it as often as it needs and the neglect will stunt its growth.  But it will usually just keep on keepin on and be pissed and dry and need to be flushed all the time.

Invisiblemhbound
Ballin out at all cost
Male User Gallery

Re: growing small plants? [Re: DudeTron]
    #546079 - 04/13/11 02:14 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

He's right spot on with the pot sizing theory...

If you just want to do that with them I would just put a tarp wrapped around it when you decide to induce the 12/12. I guess that takes a little more work and requires you to have daily access to the plant...

But I don't know you would have to look when your season changes or lighting changes in your area and right before that plant them like a couple weeks to veg...I don't do outdoors much just maybe 1 grow a year with a couple of plants if I'm lucky so I'm pretty retarded on the subject. But if you have access to them the tarp idea has worked for me. :thumbup:

--------------------
Suck my balls America

Invisibleungreatfuldead
Male

Re: growing small plants? *DELETED* [Re: mhbound]
    #546105 - 04/13/11 04:08 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

Invisiblemhbound
Ballin out at all cost
Male User Gallery

#546119 - 04/13/11 04:44 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

No you can veg for as long as you'd like. You can technically plant your seed and flip it to 12/12. I usually wait at least 2 weeks after germination to flip them to 12/12...By then they aren't big at all. I think the seedling stage last for 2 weeks...

For your purposes I would get some autoflower especially since it sounds like you don't want to do any training....They finish around 18-24 inches tall and you can keep them under that if you try...

Cannabis flowers are signaled by times of the day.

Autoflower obviously start flowering almost immediately since they are not signaled by the light length of the days.

The rest flower when like reaches 12 hours of light per day and 12 hours of uninterrupted dark per day. So that happens when you either cause it to have a dark period of the time of year has shorter days.

Like I said above you can easily put a tarp over the plants in order to give them a false sense of a 12/12 day.

Buds show different times...Indica(short stocky--stinky like a skunk) around 8-10 weeks in to flower they finish and sativa(tall lanky--sweet smell) finish their buds around 11-13 weeks in to flower. So after you initiate 12/12 thats about how long it will take.

--------------------
Suck my balls America

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
    #546120 - 04/13/11 04:44 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

does it matter how long you veg it before you start the 12/12?

Longer veg = bigger plant = more/bigger buds = bigger yield

Quote:

once you start 12/12 how long does it usually take before you get buds?

If you mean when do you see the first signs of your buds forming, I'd say probably about two weeks or so.

--------------------

MFDoom666: sobriety kills my buzz every time.

Invisibleungreatfuldead
Male

Re: growing small plants? *DELETED* [Re: ungreatfuldead]
    #546161 - 04/13/11 06:48 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

Invisiblemhbound
Ballin out at all cost
Male User Gallery

#546169 - 04/13/11 07:02 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

Yea, depends on the light but a quarter is a good guess if you keep to the basics.

--------------------
Suck my balls America

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals