Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineTHEBats
The Bridge Master
Male

Re: Any musicians? [Re: slackophage]
    #545687 - 04/12/11 03:51 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

Fan of anal cunt?

--------------------
kickin-two-hundo said:
you know what i did in english class? I came to class stoned out of my mind every day, i chugged vodka in the back of class, i put dead fish in the ceiling tiles. i put a gallon of old milk and orange juice in the file cabinet before winter vacation. i brought snakes in a tied up sweater and let them loose during class. i didnt go to school to learn, i went because i had to. i didnt care, and i didn't fucking listen to that stupid bitch. and i still don't fucking care. i tore the pages out of her books and burned them, and threw away all the books in the class, two books per day.  :twobooks:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibleslackophage
Misanthropist
Male User Gallery

Loc: Tacompton, WA
Re: Any musicians? [Re: THEBats]
    #545689 - 04/12/11 03:52 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

Anal Cunt and GG Allin are big inspirations for this band, yes.

--------------------

OfflineTHEBats
The Bridge Master
Male

#545691 - 04/12/11 03:56 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

:thumbup:

--------------------
kickin-two-hundo said:
you know what i did in english class? I came to class stoned out of my mind every day, i chugged vodka in the back of class, i put dead fish in the ceiling tiles. i put a gallon of old milk and orange juice in the file cabinet before winter vacation. i brought snakes in a tied up sweater and let them loose during class. i didnt go to school to learn, i went because i had to. i didnt care, and i didn't fucking listen to that stupid bitch. and i still don't fucking care. i tore the pages out of her books and burned them, and threw away all the books in the class, two books per day.  :twobooks:

OfflineSteve Buscemi

#545707 - 04/12/11 04:37 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

So do you guys play out? What kind of crowd is it like with a sound like that....... I imagine it's a metal crowd with songs like dick hammers.

Invisibleslackophage
Misanthropist
Male User Gallery

Re: Any musicians? [Re: Steve Buscemi]
    #545712 - 04/12/11 05:09 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

Bastard Child was very busy when we were active. We billed ourselves as punk/metal/comedy, but mostly stuck to the punk scene as it's the only scene left where the true heart of rock-n-roll is still alive. I still prefer to stick to the punk scene...minimal douchebags, egos, scenesters, and child-like naiveté about making it big.

The band that did that last song, Sok & The Faggots, we bill ourselves as ScumRock and play about 1-2 shows a month, mostly with punk and metal acts. The crowd is wild, me and the other guitarist dress in drag, our singer tends to vomit on the audience, and that's not even his closer.

Any Puget Sound area growerites want more info on our shows, PM me.

--------------------

OfflineCherokee
Female

#545713 - 04/12/11 05:09 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

I usually dont get along with musicians

OfflineTHEBats
The Bridge Master
Male

Re: Any musicians? [Re: Cherokee]
    #545714 - 04/12/11 05:10 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

:rebeccablack:

--------------------
kickin-two-hundo said:

Invisibleslackophage
Misanthropist
Male User Gallery

Re: Any musicians? [Re: Cherokee]
    #545717 - 04/12/11 05:13 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Cherokee said:

They're typically pathologically self-absorbed. Go find your local punk scene for some down to earth motherfuckers.

--------------------

OfflineBig_tiggy
Male

Loc: Neither here nor there
    #545727 - 04/12/11 05:21 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

I know a few, all ur moms like to play my skin flute

OfflineChangsta
Rapper

Re: Any musicians? [Re: Big_tiggy]
    #545821 - 04/12/11 08:45 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

I'm a rapper if that counts >_>

--------------------

OfflineTHEBats
The Bridge Master
Male

#545975 - 04/13/11 11:06 AM (12 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

slackophage said:
Quote:

Cherokee said:

They're typically pathologically self-absorbed. Go find your local punk scene for some down to earth motherfuckers.

The problem with a lot of musicians is they think it's a contest, notoriously guitarists, when it should just be about expression and fun.

Not to say you shouldn't strive to become technically proficient on your instrument, but I see a lot of guitarists who practice these fast runs and licks yet they can't bend a note in tune properly or their vibrato is weak. Or their rhythm playing is off, which affects the rest of their playing as well and how they "hear" the time in their head.

Walk before you run I guess is all I have to say, and don't skip on rhythm guitar just because you want to be a lead guitarist.  All the best lead guitarists know how to keep a tight rhythm and transfer that over to their improv.  And always play something correctly and accurately before you attempt to play it up to speed.  Playing something sloppy at a faster speed will only make things worse and could teach your hand bad muscle memory that can be hard and time consuming to correct later on.   

--------------------
kickin-two-hundo said:

Edited by THEBats (04/13/11 11:15 AM)

Invisibleslackophage
Misanthropist
Male User Gallery

Re: Any musicians? [Re: Big_tiggy]
    #545997 - 04/13/11 11:43 AM (12 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Big_tiggy said:
I know a few, all ur moms like to play my skin flute

I suppose ya gotta pay your dues on the amateur circuit before going pro, yeah?

--------------------

Invisibleslackophage
Misanthropist
Male User Gallery

#546001 - 04/13/11 11:50 AM (12 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

THEBats said:
Quote:

slackophage said:
Quote:

Cherokee said:

The problem with a lot of musicians is they think it's a contest, notoriously guitarists, when it should just be about expression and fun.

Not to say you shouldn't strive to become technically proficient on your instrument, but I see a lot of guitarists who practice these fast runs and licks yet they can't bend a note in tune properly or their vibrato is weak. Or their rhythm playing is off, which affects the rest of their playing as well and how they "hear" the time in their head.

Walk before you run I guess is all I have to say, and don't skip on rhythm guitar just because you want to be a lead guitarist.  All the best lead guitarists know how to keep a tight rhythm and transfer that over to their improv.  And always play something correctly and accurately before you attempt to play it up to speed.  Playing something sloppy at a faster speed will only make things worse and could teach your hand bad muscle memory that can be hard and time consuming to correct later on.   

Exactly. I don't give a fuck how many scales, modes, or pinch harmonics you can stuff into a lead. If I can't rock out to it, it can fuck right the fuck off.

Years ago I hit a wall with progressing on the guitar, and picked up the bass to force myself to learn more about music theory. It's definitely tightened up and advanced my guitar playing a lot. I also write everything on an acoustic, figuring if it sounds good that way, it'll kick ass once effects are applied.

--------------------

InvisibleiwasaClown
Imagining.
Male

#546054 - 04/13/11 01:14 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

I plays the music, but i don't have my own computer or recording gear to post shit up yet.:frown:

Soon.

--------------------
"...And this I believe: that the free, exploring mind of the individual human is the most valuable thing in the world. And this I would fight for: the freedom of the mind to take any direction it wishes, undirected. And this I must fight against: any idea, religion, or government which limits or destroys the individual."

OfflineSteve Buscemi

Re: Any musicians? [Re: iwasaClown]
    #546085 - 04/13/11 02:41 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

I'm gonna post some of my weird songs when i get home.

Invisibleslackophage
Misanthropist
Male User Gallery

#546089 - 04/13/11 02:46 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

Sweet!

Just got back the first mix from my "as far away from punk as you can get" project. Backing up a former bandmate, Bastard Child's bassist, on her solo project. Very laid back, kinda stoner-chick-rock stuff. Hafta put it up once I'm happier with the mix, the engineer went WAY the fuck overboard with reverb on the vocals.

--------------------

OfflineTHEBats
The Bridge Master
Male

#546091 - 04/13/11 02:48 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

One of the reasons I'm learning to master tracks myself.

--------------------
kickin-two-hundo said:

Invisibleslackophage
Misanthropist
Male User Gallery

#546104 - 04/13/11 04:02 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

He did the same thing to that Bastard Child track. Still fucking pisses me off when I listen to that EP. If this material comes out like that again, I'm pushing the fucker off the console and doing it mydamnself.

--------------------

OfflineSteve Buscemi

#546126 - 04/13/11 05:03 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

Heres some stuff I'm trying to turn into music.

OfflineTHEBats
The Bridge Master
Male

#546138 - 04/13/11 05:17 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

:thumbup:

Just found this.  Was a project with someone using ableton, and a guitar.  Just the intro and I'm no longer friends with the guy.

--------------------
kickin-two-hundo said:

Edited by THEBats (04/13/11 05:19 PM)

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom