Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
InvisibleFarBeyondDriven
Truthfully, I'm a bullshitter
Male User Gallery

Loc: Greenbow, Alabama
virus shit
    #543784 - 04/06/11 04:01 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

my computer crashed recently.  i really don't think it had anything to do with viruses as i've been running it for a bout 3-4 years with no problems.  i'm helping someone else out with their computer right now and I used malware bytes and i believe the other one was called superantispyware.  i can't remember.  i just used to double click and scan , i never really paid attention to the title after i started using it.  fuckin pothead memory.  i plan on using the malware bytes again and the other one that i can't remember the exact title to.  can anyone help me out?  or perhaps recommend another free program that works good?

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineTangerines
Grease Wizard
Male

Re: virus shit [Re: FarBeyondDriven]
    #543785 - 04/06/11 04:05 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

There are some viruses that mask themselves as anti-virus programs similar to malwarebytes.

Start computer in safe mode
Run a exe files called rkill(google it)  It will stop any process but the most basic as far as I can tell.

Then run malwarebytes again.

OfflineNobodyImportant
Science Is Subculture
Male User Gallery

Loc: Jawjuh.
Re: virus shit [Re: Tangerines]
    #543804 - 04/06/11 04:44 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

Fuck trying to get rid of viruses and all that garbage, you will never get it all out and it will just come back

just reformat

back your shit up on an external and then have a clean install of windows

so much easier / less stressful

when I had a PC I would reformat at least every 6 months or so to keep everything running clean

--------------------
:bonghit:
Glass By: US Tubes, ZOB, Roor.de, Sheldon Black, Jerome Baker, Medicali, Kennaroo, Sand, Alex K, Local and Unknown Artists

OfflineSpaceMonkey
Mind Pilot
Male

Loc: Hawaiian Islands Flag
Re: virus shit [Re: NobodyImportant]
    #543822 - 04/06/11 05:24 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

I would agree on it being easier! But if you do your research on the virus, u can get it out! Used to do it all the time when i had my pc business. Usually the code goes to the windows file of attack and then enters itself into the registry. The registry removal is usually the hardest and most dangerous. Since if you remove a wrong entry it can Fuck up windows operations.

But FBD, I never heard of that program and sounds like it may be part of the problem. Where did you get these AV/AS program? Stick with well known programs and never download any of them pop up anti spy/virus. They are spyware themselves! Norton,  Avg, mcaffee, spybot, are a few of the better companies. If your pc is 3 years old and you had a good run till now, you did good!  3 years old is almost obsolete now adays with the advancements they have been making in computers.

--------------------

:guns: Don't Mistake My Kindness For Weakness :guns:

OfflineRasJeph
Psycho Pete
Male

Loc: Bumfuckt Egypt
Re: virus shit [Re: FarBeyondDriven]
    #543823 - 04/06/11 05:29 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

Spybot S & D

But really...backup, and reformat.

Just because you're able to recover it this time doesn't mean you will next time. Invest in blank DVD's or an external drive (those can die, I suggest DVDs!) and backup all your important info. You'll thank yourself later.

--------------------
Of course it's happening inside your head.
Why should that mean it isn't real?

OfflineSpaceMonkey
Mind Pilot
Male

Re: virus shit [Re: RasJeph]
    #543824 - 04/06/11 05:47 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

Dvds fall apart after a couple years.
I think backing up should be done on a memory card. They are getting quite huge! My phone has 30gb. More then enough space to back pictures and programs even. Solid state memory is best way if you can. Hard drives crash or freeze up. To many working parts if ya know what I mean? Dvd and cd have all fallen apart after a few years. The layers seperate or the center rots out creating holes in the foil center. Making your discs unreadable. I have shit tons of back up discs and most don't work anymore.

--------------------

OfflineRasJeph
Psycho Pete
Male

Loc: Bumfuckt Egypt
Re: virus shit [Re: SpaceMonkey]
    #543832 - 04/06/11 06:21 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

:confused: I have CD's from when I was like 7 years old still :shrug:

But yeah, never thought of SD cards. Good call. I've got an 8gb USB drive I have locked with super super encryption.

No reason really. Just 'cause  can :lol:

--------------------
Of course it's happening inside your head.
Why should that mean it isn't real?

OfflineSpaceMonkey
Mind Pilot
Male

Re: virus shit [Re: RasJeph]
    #543873 - 04/06/11 08:24 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

It is not impossible to keep cd or Dvds but they have to be cared for. No sun, no moisture and better be store in non scratch storage. I have some that made it too. But have a shit load of them that are no longer readable. These were burned and stored on the spindle they come in.

But yeah, sd cards are the way to go as far as keeping good back ups and important files

--------------------

OfflineNobodyImportant
Science Is Subculture
Male User Gallery

Loc: Jawjuh.
    #543926 - 04/06/11 11:39 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

Id be careful keeping all your data backup on SD cards, ive had quite a few die on me over the years

also, the read write speeds are usually only a fraction of what standard 7200RPM drives are

--------------------
:bonghit:
Glass By: US Tubes, ZOB, Roor.de, Sheldon Black, Jerome Baker, Medicali, Kennaroo, Sand, Alex K, Local and Unknown Artists

Invisiblestill beLIEve
State Property..Again
Male

Loc: a world thats not my own
Re: virus shit [Re: NobodyImportant]
    #543938 - 04/07/11 12:45 AM (12 years, 11 months ago)

clean install

duh

--------------------
niteowl said:
See, that term pedo gets thrown around a lot.
Is a 16 year old guy having sex w/a 16 year old girl a pedophile?
If not, then how is a 30 year old considered a pedophile for doing the same thing?
I think y'all need to look up the definition for pedophile.

InvisibleFarBeyondDriven
Truthfully, I'm a bullshitter
Male User Gallery

Loc: Greenbow, Alabama
    #544499 - 04/08/11 04:46 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

SpaceMonkey said:
I would agree on it being easier! But if you do your research on the virus, u can get it out! Used to do it all the time when i had my pc business. Usually the code goes to the windows file of attack and then enters itself into the registry. The registry removal is usually the hardest and most dangerous. Since if you remove a wrong entry it can Fuck up windows operations.

But FBD, I never heard of that program and sounds like it may be part of the problem. Where did you get these AV/AS program? Stick with well known programs and never download any of them pop up anti spy/virus. They are spyware themselves! Norton,  Avg, mcaffee, spybot, are a few of the better companies. If your pc is 3 years old and you had a good run till now, you did good!  3 years old is almost obsolete now adays with the advancements they have been making in computers.

Thanks, I appreciate it.  I'm pretty good with not getting viruses n shit for the most part.  Only use computer for a few things anyway.  Things are looking up though as far as getting it fixed.  Gonna probably end up with a better system anyways, well see.  Some people on this site actually recommended those programs to use.  Can't remember who though, it was quite a while ago.  Things should be back up to snuff soon though.  Thanks everyone for the advice.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates