Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinejuslikejesus
Your Name Is My Name Too
Male

Loc: Pennsylvania
question on lighting outdoors
    #538437 - 03/20/11 02:05 PM (13 years, 11 days ago)

When growing outdoors how much light does the marijuana need obviously it needs a lot here I'll give you the reason I ask.

I live in PA so there's a good bunch of forests and small woods even where I live how much light would need to get to the marijuana? Could it survive inside of a wooded area? This would make growing so much easier, it would save me from using my back yard which has minimal shading.

Simplified is the lighting and heat sufficient enough in a wooded area for weed?

--------------------
When answering a question I ask, feel free to elaborate, feel free to direct me to other threads and or internet resources. I WANT to hear good information, try to make it so I don't have to answer anymore questions. I've read a lot if I ask a question it's because I want to here more.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinekln
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: question on lighting outdoors [Re: juslikejesus]
    #538468 - 03/20/11 04:17 PM (13 years, 11 days ago)

it depends on how much hours it will take of direct sun light, 8 hours atleast and you'll be fine.
Location is almost everything in outdoors, so pick your spot wisely, choose a place than far away from everything and go further.

Be sure to let them grow a little bit indoors or in your backyard before you move them to the forest, or it wont be so easy for them to survive.

Good Luck!

Offlinejuslikejesus
Your Name Is My Name Too
Male

Re: question on lighting outdoors [Re: kln]
    #538486 - 03/20/11 06:37 PM (13 years, 11 days ago)

How much direct sunlight does it need? Like would it need to be entirely blasted with it or would the sun that comes through trees be enough?

I'm guessing it's okay since I always see and hear of people putting marijuana in the middle of the woods.

--------------------
When answering a question I ask, feel free to elaborate, feel free to direct me to other threads and or internet resources. I WANT to hear good information, try to make it so I don't have to answer anymore questions. I've read a lot if I ask a question it's because I want to here more.

Offlinethe man

#538570 - 03/20/11 11:53 PM (13 years, 11 days ago)

more light is better..

may survive with an hour or so of direct only but will be pretty much worthless plant with nothing

Edited by the man (03/20/11 11:54 PM)

OfflineMushrooMan420
Muncher

Loc: CA
Re: question on lighting outdoors [Re: the man]
    #538576 - 03/21/11 12:08 AM (13 years, 11 days ago)

You don't want your plant in a place that will remain shaded all day. However they don't need direct sunlight all day either.

You want to maximize sun exposure, however people like having shade coverage if temperatures are known to exceed 80 F for long periods of time or use tree coverage to hide their plants from fly-byes.

Hope that helps u scope a spot.

--------------------
x:tongue:

Offlinekln
Stranger
 User Gallery

#538673 - 03/21/11 10:43 AM (13 years, 10 days ago)

Quote:

juslikejesus said:
How much direct sunlight does it need? Like would it need to be entirely blasted with it or would the sun that comes through trees be enough?

I'm guessing it's okay since I always see and hear of people putting marijuana in the middle of the woods.

It is okay if you live in a hot area, but if you have a cold weather, then try to plant it with the most direct sunlight possible.

With less than 3 hours of sun, your plants will get kinda cranky, and won't be not even halfway for the plants that get 6 or 8 hours of sun.

more light = bigger nugs

hope it helps.

Offlinejuslikejesus
Your Name Is My Name Too
Male

Re: question on lighting outdoors [Re: kln]
    #538753 - 03/21/11 03:57 PM (13 years, 10 days ago)

Oh okay, yup this helps I ton here in Eastern PA in the summertimes down by cricks(creeks) it gets roasting and u can't even breath cause u think water is coming into your mouth lol, should be perfect. It definetly exceeds 80 degrees for a while, the sunlight will be sporadicly hitting it through the trees but there's always that those times of day where the sun finds that angle to somehow hit every single tree and ur eyes. I think I have about 12000 good spots here in the wood state. Good to know though.

--------------------

Edited by juslikejesus (03/21/11 04:04 PM)

OfflineMushrooMan420
Muncher

Loc: CA
    #539023 - 03/22/11 09:19 PM (13 years, 9 days ago)

Yea if your summers are that hot then some shading would be a good thing.

--------------------
x:tongue:

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck