Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Offlinelostinbq
!!!STARNGE!!!!

4 days missed school=court date+fines...
    #538115 - 03/19/11 12:13 PM (13 years, 3 days ago)

so my doughter has missed a total of 15 days this year due to being sick. out of thoes 15 days only 4 have a parents note for being sick(was a bad year this winter for us with colds, i was horrabley sick for the whole month of october.) ok out of thoes 4 days 1 of them was the day before thanksgiveing, witch was a half a day for her. so we took that day off and went on our 8+hour trip to mass. we have been yelled at by the school and recived multiple letters saying that i could not send my doughter with a fever of any sort. me and my wife are also in school and we told them wtf are we supposed to do if she has a small temp. take the day off and run to the doctors...... well sad to say for thoes other 3 days we kept her home due to a fever and stoamch ache. i recived a letter saying that my daughter has missed 4 unlawfle days of school on feb 2nd. wee called them and freaked out that they where threatening to take us to court. we got a call back on the 27th of feb and they left us a message saying that o  everything looks fine. yea she has 4 unexcused days but you have doctors notes for the others. i dont see anything as to why you would be receiving those letters. then the message goes and if you would like to you could get us notes in for those days(witch we already sent and explained that she had a fever and a stomach ache)(edit:o yea i have sent her to school before with a stomach ache and a slight fever cos no time or doc appt was readily available and these smug bastards sent the police to my house cos i wasn't answering the phone ugh hello im at school you dumb-asses witch is 1 hour and thirty min away in pittsburgh., then threaten me that i need to be available or some shit(ugh that 1 got me pissed the worst).. ya know these smug bastards had filed with the police no more than 6 days after that message and now im being fined $100+ and another $50 if i want to take it to court. now i took off time from school and failed a mod to get my daughter to the doctors so she could feel better when she had the flu. she is passing school only doing bad in reading(just like i did) it is getting sick when the little towns are hurting for money that you can now be fined $100+ for your kid missing 4 days of school cos you deem it fit that she dose not need the intervention of a doctor.(also cant get a note without the doc seeing the kid witch could take another 2-3 days to get the appt.) i am now waiting on the school to call me back cos i requested all her records from them. i better get them so i know witch notes the teacher did hand in to the office. it is sad when a honest citizen trying to make ends meet cant go on with their lives without worrying about am i going to break a law somehow today not realizing it. it happens.

--------------------
Everyone are you ready for doom,
Because I've blackened the sun,
And I've bloodied the moon.
I bring gloom when I step in the room,
With the fumes of a tomb.
flowers bloom when Im taken away
:rofldrunk:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineCoaster
I'm Back Baby
Male User Gallery

Loc: Sativa Central Flag
Re: 4 days missed school=court date+fines... [Re: lostinbq]
    #538123 - 03/19/11 01:16 PM (13 years, 3 days ago)

wow and what if you dont have health insurance, then how do they expect you to get a doctors note then. well $150 really isnt that bad, its probably cheaper than all those doctor visits anyways. can't you write a letter due to family emergency, i had a student give me one of those before and I had to accept it.

--------------------

Offlinelostinbq
!!!STARNGE!!!!

Re: 4 days missed school=court date+fines... [Re: Coaster]
    #538145 - 03/19/11 02:47 PM (13 years, 3 days ago)

times are changing my friend. i just asked my daughter why she hasn't had homework for most of the month and she says that they are prating for the PSSA tests. if you do not know what they are for it is to determine how much funding the school gets. and i guess they are getting really mad if they miss school for this. what i want to know is why do they need to practice for this test for a month. is it some special curriculum that they need to learn. and insurance is not a problem due to she has state ins but me and or my wife need to take off school/work for these appts. i also cant send her to the sitters sick either. so i loose time from school/work witch i already cant afford. its like the doctors also treat you like trash due to your beliefs and how you want to raise your kid. like my sons doctor was basically saying i was killing my kid by not getting his shots till e was at the age of 2 yrs old. i just cant take much more abuse from the government.

--------------------

OfflineRasJeph
Psycho Pete
Male

Loc: Bumfuckt Egypt
    #538146 - 03/19/11 02:54 PM (13 years, 3 days ago)

Honestly, if the spelling on the notes you wrote for your daughter is similar to what they used here, they probably didn't believe an adult wrote them.

No hate, just sayin',

But yeah, that shit sucks man. Fuck schools are so ass backwards. Problem is, as soon as we graduate and leave them, nobody gives a fuck enough to change them anymore.

--------------------
Of course it's happening inside your head.
Why should that mean it isn't real?

OfflineSpaceMonkey
Mind Pilot
Male

Loc: Hawaiian Islands Flag
    #538150 - 03/19/11 02:55 PM (13 years, 3 days ago)

Students are nothing but dollar signs!

And I think if student doesn't show up a certain amount of days,  the school looses funding for that student.
It all has to do with money!

--------------------

:guns: Don't Mistake My Kindness For Weakness :guns:

OfflinePicklez
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #538161 - 03/19/11 03:11 PM (13 years, 3 days ago)

That's all bullshit man. I am sorry to hear about that. I missed 25 days my senior year and still graduated and my parents never even got a call.

Times are definitely different. I would spend the extra 50 to fight it in court. Overall save yourself 50$ cause I couldnt see any judge upholding it for 4 absences, now if she has more (even if they are excused) that could hurt against you. Cause a judge is more likely to look at the total number of days missed

Good luck man, I feel for you

InvisibleFarBeyondDriven
Truthfully, I'm a bullshitter
Male User Gallery

Loc: Greenbow, Alabama
    #538323 - 03/20/11 12:46 AM (13 years, 3 days ago)

That's horseshit dude.  You can get a fine for that shit?  That's fuckin ridiculous.  That shit makes me mad.  Smug fuckin cunts. :nonono:

--------------------

Offlinelostinbq
!!!STARNGE!!!!

Re: 4 days missed school=court date+fines... [Re: RasJeph]
    #538346 - 03/20/11 02:59 AM (13 years, 2 days ago)

Quote:

FarBeyondDriven said:
That's horseshit dude.  You can get a fine for that shit?  That's fuckin ridiculous.  That shit makes me mad.  Smug fuckin cunts. :nonono:

hit tha nail on tha head.
Quote:

RasJeph said:
Honestly, if the spelling on the notes you wrote for your daughter is similar to what they used here, they probably didn't believe an adult wrote them.

No hate, just sayin',

But yeah, that shit sucks man. Fuck schools are so ass backwards. Problem is, as soon as we graduate and leave them, nobody gives a fuck enough to change them anymore.

na i dont write them my wife writes them for her.

--------------------

OfflinePicklez
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #538369 - 03/20/11 08:56 AM (13 years, 2 days ago)

I cant believe you have a wife and a kid in school. You always seem so young by the posts that ive seen, maybe it's just because you are somewhat new to our Growery family

Offlinelostinbq
!!!STARNGE!!!!

Re: 4 days missed school=court date+fines... [Re: Picklez]
    #538402 - 03/20/11 11:55 AM (13 years, 2 days ago)

ill be 30 on the 23 bro.. yea im still young at heart tho lol...

--------------------

InvisibleFarBeyondDriven
Male User Gallery

#538425 - 03/20/11 01:28 PM (13 years, 2 days ago)

Yeah, it's not just fucked up that happened, but with the details you provided, there doesn't seem to be an issue to me.  Good ole United States for ya :smirk:

--------------------

InvisibleiStoner
Astral Beast
Male

Re: 4 days missed school=court date+fines... [Re: FarBeyondDriven]
    #538439 - 03/20/11 02:20 PM (13 years, 2 days ago)

tl;dr but my brother got a fine and court date for missing too much school also, but he had notes for the days. :facepalm:
If you are in high school they can take away license privileges also.

--------------------

InvisibleFarBeyondDriven
Male User Gallery

Re: 4 days missed school=court date+fines... [Re: iStoner]
    #538441 - 03/20/11 02:30 PM (13 years, 2 days ago)

i've never heard anything about the license thing.  i hardly ever went to school and it never came up :shrug:

--------------------

OfflinePicklez
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: 4 days missed school=court date+fines... [Re: FarBeyondDriven]
    #538444 - 03/20/11 02:36 PM (13 years, 2 days ago)

Quote:

FarBeyondDriven said:
i've never heard anything about the license thing.  i hardly ever went to school and it never came up :shrug:

likewise. Must be a state thing or something new. I graduated in 06 so I am sure things have changed.

OfflineSpaceMonkey
Mind Pilot
Male

#538448 - 03/20/11 02:56 PM (13 years, 2 days ago)

Nah, the schools are struggling to get as much funding as possible and if the student don't show up a bunch of days, they are subject to loose the funding for that student. Which is why they now ennforce the truency laws. As far as the parent getting in trouble, unfortunately states set the adult age limits and until they are no longer considered a minor, the parents are liable for that minors actions. :shrug:

I also skipped alot of class and about the worst that would happen is I get a letter in the mail addressed to my parents. Most were intercepted! Then as time went on they did the phone call thing at end of day. An automated call that would tell whoever answered the phone that your student was absent to x amount of hours today. Most got intercepted. The good ole days!

--------------------

OfflinePicklez
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: 4 days missed school=court date+fines... [Re: SpaceMonkey]
    #538453 - 03/20/11 03:13 PM (13 years, 2 days ago)

why'd you say nah?

OfflineSpaceMonkey
Mind Pilot
Male

#538459 - 03/20/11 03:46 PM (13 years, 2 days ago)

I dunno?:shrug:

--------------------

InvisibleFarBeyondDriven
Male User Gallery

#538460 - 03/20/11 03:47 PM (13 years, 2 days ago)

Yeah, I used to laugh when they sent those letters :rofl:  They gotta do better than that.  Ain't no way a letters makin it to the parents :lol:  After a while though, I stopped really caring if they got them or not.

--------------------

Offlinelostinbq
!!!STARNGE!!!!

#538471 - 03/20/11 04:45 PM (13 years, 2 days ago)

Quote:

SpaceMonkey said:
Nah, the schools are struggling to get as much funding as possible and if the student don't show up a bunch of days, they are subject to loose the funding for that student. Which is why they now ennforce the truency laws. As far as the parent getting in trouble, unfortunately states set the adult age limits and until they are no longer considered a minor, the parents are liable for that minors actions. :shrug:

I also skipped alot of class and about the worst that would happen is I get a letter in the mail addressed to my parents. Most were intercepted! Then as time went on they did the phone call thing at end of day. An automated call that would tell whoever answered the phone that your student was absent to x amount of hours today. Most got intercepted. The good ole days!

too bad the money wont go to the school. it will go to the township witch is retarded also. http://www.growery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/419478/page/6 this is the bs we have to put up with here. granted that i do not know the status of my license tho it should be good in FL. and the cops here are smug fools, the first day i moved back here i was pulled over and the cop demanded i get my muffler fixed(like he was a god of all or something)i laughed at him and bluntly told him no i dont, im from fl and just visiting, your emission laws do not mean anything in fl, ill fix it when i go for my next inspection. OMG i could see he was soo pissed he leaned in and asked my wife's brother who he was and where we were going, he replies im her brother and we are going to my house at the top of the hill. then we concurred to ask him why he only pulled us over for my car being a lil loud. he goes no you are missing your muffler you need to get it fixed and started to walk back to his car. moving on,i was the same way with the interceptions until they called my moms work lol i was hooking school for 2 weeks at a time and all i got was a 2 day in school suspension where  i had to make up all the work i missed(witch i was done the first day). the government dont care who they put out as long as they get theirs now a days. well i g2g get the stuff i need to make some TACOS!!!!!

--------------------

Offlinelucas_southoz
Australian
Male

Re: 4 days missed school=court date+fines... [Re: Coaster]
    #538630 - 03/21/11 05:12 AM (13 years, 1 day ago)

Quote:

Coaster said:
wow and what if you dont have health insurance, then how do they expect you to get a doctors note then. well $150 really isnt that bad, its probably cheaper than all those doctor visits anyways. can't you write a letter due to family emergency, i had a student give me one of those before and I had to accept it.

:shock:  Your a teacher? :coaster: <That's you?

OfflinePicklez
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: 4 days missed school=court date+fines... [Re: lucas_southoz]
    #538634 - 03/21/11 05:52 AM (13 years, 1 day ago)

:coaster: = yes

Offlinelostinbq
!!!STARNGE!!!!

Re: 4 days missed school=court date+fines... [Re: lucas_southoz]
    #538699 - 03/21/11 12:19 PM (13 years, 1 day ago)

Quote:

lucas_southoz said:
Quote:

Coaster said:

:shock:  Your a teacher? :coaster: <That's you?

:ilold:

--------------------

OfflinePicklez
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #538736 - 03/21/11 02:30 PM (13 years, 1 day ago)

math teachers are always a little weird.

Offlinelostinbq
!!!STARNGE!!!!

#538760 - 03/21/11 04:18 PM (13 years, 1 day ago)

i had a gay history teacher that would always wear a pink shirt with white slacks. he got me expelled cos he found a dime bag in the classroom away from my desk and said it was mine cous he knew i was expelled before for some weed. lol i was cool with my principle and showed him the money i had and told him flat out that that weed wasn't mine cos no 1 had any to sell that day, too bad he still had to search me and i had a pipe in my backpack for after school at my buddy's house if we had ever coped.. he was cool and sent me home on the bus and said i had till monday to tell my mom b4 he called her. he was kick ass too bad he passed away a year later due to cancer, god rest his kind soul. o he would stand outside the bathroom and go alright'y gentlemen im commin in and would wait 5 min before coming in. best principle ever in my book.

--------------------

OfflinePicklez
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #538761 - 03/21/11 04:21 PM (13 years, 1 day ago)

I got introduced to weed from my art teacher at my catholic high school. Good times. Needless to say I took 1 of his classes every semester I was there :yesnod:

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder