Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineDephect

Folding@home Statistics
P. Cubensis Wikidzon
    #538062 - 03/19/11 04:09 AM (13 years, 13 days ago)

Well I don't know if you peeps here knew or not, but I love to grow many things. Mushrooms being one of those many things. I fell in love with the Growery more because of the peeps here. I feel lonely at the Shroomery and usually use it for knowledge.

I do 66qt tubs with 10.5qts Substrate and 6qts Spawn. I let them incubate for roughly 8-10 days, I then case with pure vermiculite when I birth and mist 1-2 times and fan 3 times daily.

Here is a example of my flushes :wink:
(Lipa Yai ~ My other favorite) Yes these are different tubs.

The next strain I have coming up is a low key one that I got being a member on another OMC called Wikidzon. Its a pretty good strain despite what I heard people were saying about it on the Shroomery. A few things I like in this strain, it comes off your sub easy, so your not demolishing the sub making contaminates more prone to appear. Also these things are meaty as fuck. I had whole fruits weigh 9g dry.

Here are some WZ from a previous run

The Spawn

I just laid the tubs yesterday so I am just waiting away.

:bongload:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineMr. Mojo Risin
This is the end
 User Gallery

Re: P. Cubensis Wikidzon [Re: Dephect]
    #538107 - 03/19/11 11:46 AM (13 years, 12 days ago)

What is that grain substrate you're using?  I can't tell if that's rye or wbs, on the ones that are completely colonized.  that's almost where I am with my cube grow.  which i have put here for your viewing pleasure as well.  Though there are no fruitbody shots.  a 9g cracker dry mushroom is fuckin heafty.  That'd equal my heaviest one in growing mushrooms for the past 5 years or so (off and on).  They loook fucking dense, like a forest of shrooms, just the way it should be!  Keep up the good work bro!

--------------------
Albino Penis Envy grow log

From the errors of others, a wise man corrects his own.
Publilius Syrus

OfflineDephect

Folding@home Statistics
Re: P. Cubensis Wikidzon [Re: Mr. Mojo Risin]
    #538108 - 03/19/11 11:56 AM (13 years, 12 days ago)

The grain I am using is WBS. I do a soak and simmer, PC for 1 hour @ 15 PSI.

My substrate recipe is 1 brick coir/1qt verm/1 qt additive. My additive ranges from coffee grounds to horse manure.

Hope this helps.

Here are some 9 grammers.

Edited by Dephect (03/19/11 12:02 PM)

Invisibledouble
Diesel

#538125 - 03/19/11 01:19 PM (13 years, 12 days ago)

great pics :wink:

OfflineDungenessDank
Lord of the Flies

Loc: PNW
    #538226 - 03/19/11 06:24 PM (13 years, 12 days ago)

:eek:

InvisibleWoodz
Not the Man

Re: P. Cubensis Wikidzon [Re: DungenessDank]
    #538937 - 03/22/11 01:09 PM (13 years, 9 days ago)

Awsome flush man, very impressive. Why are some of the caps black?
Is it just spores dropping?

Anyways, you have some talent bro.

OfflineDephect

Folding@home Statistics
Re: P. Cubensis Wikidzon [Re: Woodz]
    #538952 - 03/22/11 02:10 PM (13 years, 9 days ago)

The spore deposits on top of the cap are caused from what I think is amazing FAE through those tubs, I don't know why else they would form on top of the canopy. After I repositioned my holes on all my tubs after noticing a flaw in following a design everything got better.

Offlinemuse42
Zomberrific

Loc: West Coast
    #544637 - 04/08/11 11:28 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

Your spores will do that in any tube you have.  What you want to do is pick them before the spores drop.  Spores = bad taste.

--------------------
It looks like it's going to be another Gravity Bong type day...

OfflineMushrooMan420
Muncher

Loc: CA
Re: P. Cubensis Wikidzon [Re: muse42]
    #544722 - 04/09/11 10:54 AM (12 years, 11 months ago)

Nice grow:thumbup:

--------------------
x:tongue:

OfflineDephect

Folding@home Statistics
Re: P. Cubensis Wikidzon [Re: MushrooMan420]
    #544729 - 04/09/11 11:37 AM (12 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

muse42 said:
Your spores will do that in any tube you have.  What you want to do is pick them before the spores drop.  Spores = bad taste.

Not trying to be rude here at all, but I don't care about the taste of my Cubes dude, let alone spores don't affect it because whether the veil tears or not you are eating them. They have a mind altering purpose, and taste is not part of it. The only valid argument I would have for picking my fruits before veils tear/spores drop is that spores may cause some side effects of nausea, but even I have found that to be inconclusive because I have eaten tons of mushrooms, they all taste the same and I have only been sick once when I ate over 7grams in one sitting.

Even so :wink: Suck it up. Its psychedelics and if you think the taste of spores is bad you should try eating some Pedro or Peyote or drinking in tea form or even some Ayahuasca. If anything I love the taste of mushrooms compared to some others.

Quote:

MushrooMan420 said:
Nice grow:thumbup:

I'm finally moving into a bigger place with hardwood floors so I wont have massive contamns hiding in them.

I'm also going to start some oysters, buttons, and hopefully reishi soon too.

Offlinemuse42
Zomberrific

Loc: West Coast
    #544918 - 04/10/11 10:15 AM (12 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Not trying to be rude here at all, but I don't care about the taste of my Cubes dude, let alone spores don't affect it because whether the veil tears or not you are eating them. They have a mind altering purpose, and taste is not part of it. The only valid argument I would have for picking my fruits before veils tear/spores drop is that spores may cause some side effects of nausea, but even I have found that to be inconclusive because I have eaten tons of mushrooms, they all taste the same and I have only been sick once when I ate over 7grams in one sitting.

Even so  Suck it up. Its psychedelics and if you think the taste of spores is bad you should try eating some Pedro or Peyote or drinking in tea form or even some Ayahuasca. If anything I love the taste of mushrooms compared to some others.

Not taken as rude at all.  I make tea most of the time anyways so taste is not an issue.  Nice grow btw.

--------------------
It looks like it's going to be another Gravity Bong type day...

OfflineDephect

Folding@home Statistics
Re: P. Cubensis Wikidzon [Re: muse42]
    #544927 - 04/10/11 10:43 AM (12 years, 11 months ago)

:awehigh::awethumb:

InvisibleiStoner
Astral Beast
Male

#554584 - 05/10/11 05:23 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

:eek: i can't wait until i can grow some mushrooms. Probably will be soon!

--------------------

Offlineencryptor
Green Thumb #1
Male User Gallery

Re: P. Cubensis Wikidzon [Re: iStoner]
    #555461 - 05/14/11 09:59 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

I like how you setup the lids on your quart jars.  Just using wide mouth mushroom filters dries out the rye too quick.  Myself, I don't use injector points, but do drill a small hole for injecting and then cover that with medical tape.  How fast/slow did your jars colonize.:syringe::mushroom2:

OfflineDephect

Folding@home Statistics
Re: P. Cubensis Wikidzon [Re: encryptor]
    #555822 - 05/15/11 04:55 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

2 x 1/4" holes

1 for RTV silicone injection port

1 for tight polyfil stuffing.

Colonization depends on how much and when I break up the grain and what it gets inoculated with. I can have jars after 1.5-2 weeks.

OfflineStickyIcky
 User Gallery

#555848 - 05/15/11 06:40 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

I personally liked to pick when the veils are just about the break before they dropped the spores.  Visually, people are sometimes turned off by black/purple tinted boomers because they think they're bad or something??

Personally, I think nausea isn't associated with the spores because I only have been sick out of 12 trips through the past 4 years and the one time was when I had A) drank wayyy to much dollar store lemonade and B) Ate very potent cambodians I had grown that had mycellium growing up onto the stems, I believe this is what turned my stomach.  Maybe not? Any other comments on mycellium on the stem and sickness?

OfflineDephect

Folding@home Statistics
Re: P. Cubensis Wikidzon [Re: StickyIcky]
    #556087 - 05/16/11 12:24 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

When people tell me black caps are bad I ask them what their scientific basis on that is. Following up with mine which is that spore deposits build up on top of the caps when the veils tear and sometimes I let my tubs go a little bit longer so fruits can bulk up. FAE I think also helps the spores get on top of the caps.

I never really get sick and I have strains with aggressive mycellium, it varies between person and conditions leading up to the experience. Like I somewhat take mushrooms on a empty stomach with bread, honey and penut butter. Most of the time I have Cubensis suspended in raw honey so I can just take spoon fulls of that.

I have friends who cant even stomach them though so they decide not to dance with the fungi.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom