Home | Community | Message Board

High Mountain Gold Compost
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineApollo2k
A guy, nothing more.
Male

Loc: Flag
GREAT SCOTT (I'm buying a coffee maker)
    #525322 - 02/09/11 02:19 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

http://www.geekosystem.com/coffee-maker-food/ :feelsgoodman:

Stumbleupon.:billymaythumbup:

And I'm going to try that beer shit.:awebigvaped:

" 10. Beer

This sounds insane, but bear with us. Southern Fried Science has produced the definitive article on “how to brew beer in a coffee maker, using only materials commonly found on a modestly sized oceanographic research vessel.” They recommend using cereals for grains, vegemite for malt, and seaweed for hops. Amazing.

1. Grind up your ‘grains’ (but not so much that it becomes powder).
      2. Place your ‘grains’ in coffee pot (not the filter basket, the carafe).
      3. Run 2 cups of clean water through coffee maker and let it sit on the hot plate for an hour. This releases all the good chemicals from you ‘grains’ and creates a fluid called wort.
      4. Strain the wort through the coffee filter and place the filter full of ‘grain’ into the filter basket. Add the ‘malt’ to the filter basket. Pour the strained liquid back into coffee maker and add 1 cup of water.
      5. Run the wort through the coffee maker 5 times, each time adding 1 cup of water.
      6. Pour the wort into the saucepan and boil for 45 minutes. Two minutes before boiling is done, add the hops.
      7. Carefully pour the wort into the canning jars.
      8. Let the wort cool to between 60 and 70 F. Once it is cool enough to touch the outside of the jars without burning, pitched the Bakers’ Yeast into the mixture.
      9. Seal jar with a handkerchief and rubber band over the mouth, and let sit for 3 to 5 days.
      10. And table spoon of sugar to the jar and seal with the lids, making sure they’re air tight.
      11. Store in a cool, dark place where it will not be disturbed for a week.

--------------------

Edited by Apollo2k (02/09/11 02:19 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleCrayolaHalls
Dreams of Oceans
Male

Re: GREAT SCOTT (I'm buying a coffee maker) [Re: Apollo2k]
    #525405 - 02/09/11 05:42 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

I won't touch that beer recipe.  It sounds legit except for the seaweed.  I have eaten hops and seaweed.  I don't see how seaweed is going to give any bitterness or aroma that would even compare.  Also, I am wondering about what is implied by "cereal".  Do they mean flax and oats or do they really mean any cereal... ala Captain Crunch or Rice Krispies?

I will definitely try the rice suggestion.  I hate cooking rice on the stove and I'm being cheap about getting a modern rice cooker.

--------------------
I am not a cannabis grower.  I find the cannabis growers to be the most open to experimenting and sharing out of all of the different botany groups I enjoy.  I frequently use the suggestions that I find to apply to own organic gardening and food production.

OfflineApollo2k
A guy, nothing more.
Male

Loc: Flag
Re: GREAT SCOTT (I'm buying a coffee maker) [Re: CrayolaHalls]
    #525501 - 02/09/11 07:44 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

I guess it's left to the imagination of the mind no?
:Awemazing:
ENDLESS Possibilities

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale