Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates, CBD Oils   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineChillWillis
old school fool

Vapor Brownies
    #520269 - 01/28/11 12:15 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

vtac said:

Vaporizing has to be the most efficient way to use herbal medicine. With no combustion taking place, the vaporized herb can be saved and used later, as it still contains some desirable compounds.

Edibles are always fun, here's a simple recipe for making cannaoil with your ABV. It won't taste as good as fresh but it still packs a punch.

You'll need a brownie mix that calls for cooking oil, the basics for making brownies, something to strain with, and of course, the vaporized herb.

I happened to have 17.3g (bag tared). Most recipes call for about 6 grams of fresh herb, with vaped herb you have to use more, as a lot of the good stuff has been vaporized. How much more depends on the quality of the herb and how thoroughly it's been vaped.

This batch was pretty strong.

Or just over half a cup... 130ml to be more precise. This was a mix of maybe 20 varieties, all of decent quality.

You can grind up any small pieces of bud, using two bowls as a mortar and pestle.

This brownie mix called for 50ml (~1/4 cup) oil and 50ml water.

That wouldn't be enough oil for the amount of herb I had, so I exchanged the water for oil. Generally, you'll need at least as much oil as you have herb, as measured in a measuring cup. Try to get a brownie mix that calls for that amount. I used canola oil.

Warm the oil on low heat. I put my finger in it and it felt hot, but not burning. Be careful if you don't know your stove.

Stir in the herb. I threw in some stems for the hell of it.

Set a timer for 60 minutes.

Gently shake the pan side to side to even out the mixture so that the all the herb is immersed in oil.

Very slightly turn up the heat so that you can see very small bubbles forming occasionally and hear a slight sizzle directly above the pan. You don't want to let it get too hot... a very light steam should be all you see coming from the oil.

Keep an eye on it, making sure it doesn't start bubbling any more rapidly. You can mix it around from time to time as well.

1 hour later.

Remove from heat and let cool for 15 minutes or so.

Straining out the herb:

Pour the mixture through a strainer. A lot of the oil is absorbed into the herb, use cheesecloth to squeeze it out. I had to improvise with a garlic press.

Make sure you figure out how you're going to strain it before you get to that point, things will go a lot more smoothly.

You'll lose a bit of oil in the process, some stuck the herb, and some because your stupid strainer didn't fit all the way into the measuring cup and you spilled some on the counter. :smile:

At this point you just follow the directions on the box.

Most brownies are baked at around 325F (162C) and for vapor brownies I wouldn't go any higher. If the recipe says 350, ignore it, add a few more minutes to the cooking time instead... until a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean.

I ended up with a dense and fudgey 21x21x1.5cm brownie which was cut into 9 pieces, working out to around 2 grams of vaped herb per piece.

I was going to try one right away, but all of a sudden I started to feel pretty good from just licking the bowl. :grin:

Source: http://www.fuckcombustion.com/viewtopic.php?pid=279

Edited by ChillWillis (01/28/11 12:58 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinespacemonkey69
Trusted Vaporizer

Loc: Flag
Re: Vapor Brownies [Re: ChillWillis]
    #520274 - 01/28/11 12:32 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

good find. Thanks for the post. :thumbup:

--------------------
[quote]
“You see this glass bong?” asks Achaan Chaa, the Thai meditation master. “For me this glass is already broken. I enjoy it; I smoke out of it. It holds my water admirably, sometimes even reflecting the sun in beautiful patterns. If I should tap it, it has a lovely ring to it. But when I put this glass bong on the shelf and the wind knocks it over or my elbow brushes it off the table and it falls to the ground and shatters, I say, ‘Of course.’ When I understand that the glass is already broken, every moment with it is precious.”[/quote]

Invisiblemhbound
Ballin out at all cost
Male User Gallery

Loc: High Flag
Re: Vapor Brownies [Re: spacemonkey69]
    #520329 - 01/28/11 04:34 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Did you simmer that bud for 60 minutes? I usually only do it for a few and it works great. Seems to me like it would bunr it up

--------------------
Suck my balls America

InvisibleDr. SiekadellykM
Question Everything!
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Ketamine Flag
Re: Vapor Brownies [Re: mhbound]
    #520356 - 01/28/11 05:44 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

I was gonna say I seen this before thinkin it was posted already but then I realize it's from FuckCombustion and I check in there every now and then.

--------------------
The Kratom Report...

OfflineChillWillis
old school fool

#520370 - 01/28/11 06:08 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

weird I always simmer for at least an hour when I'm using vaporized buds or green ones - although I use a double boiler as opposed to the pan.

I was also surprised at the small ammount he used, 17.3g..?

--------------------

It's not a war on drugs, it's a war on personal freedom.

Invisiblemhbound
Ballin out at all cost
Male User Gallery

Loc: High Flag
    #520759 - 01/29/11 03:37 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

I do it a little differently. I heat the oil to about 160 degrees F. using a thermometer to measure temp, and stir it almost constantly to keep it from burning..do it for anywhere from 3-10 give or take minutes depending on how much is being made and yer done. I posted a tek somewhere but I tell people to do what works for them. For some reason some people have trouble making edibles :shrug:

--------------------
Suck my balls America

OfflineChillWillis
old school fool

#521244 - 01/30/11 03:13 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

foor realll, people always over think everything

--------------------

It's not a war on drugs, it's a war on personal freedom.

OfflineCanaman
GreenThumb GreenHorn

Loc: N 5steps, S 5steps, Spin ...
    #524347 - 02/07/11 11:36 AM (13 years, 1 month ago)

fuken awsome dude, def gon have too try this, sticky

--------------------

Canaman's Tutorials

ISO Green Oil
Gumby Hash

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates, CBD Oils   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures