Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals, CBD Capsules   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleiStoner
Astral Beast
Male

melatonin.
    #514964 - 01/18/11 04:24 AM (13 years, 2 months ago)

so i was having trouble falling asleep last night, due to worrying to much about life and my mother and everything.
So i poped 3mg's(i think) of melatonin.
BEST NIGHT OF SLEEP I HAVE EVER GOTTEN.
Its 5:30 and i feel just great.

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinecsmandpking
Shroomer
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Shroomery
Re: melatonin. [Re: iStoner]
    #514966 - 01/18/11 04:29 AM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Sounds like an amazing slumber. Sadly, I'm still awake.

--------------------
The monster is always in us...

you are smart baby!
cept for when youre really high...then you turn into my other boyfriend dippy.

Invisibleopenmind
cannaisseur

Loc: Cannafornia
    #514968 - 01/18/11 05:03 AM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

iStoner said:
so i was having trouble falling asleep last night, due to worrying to much about life and my mother and everything.

Yup...Melatonin is nice...

Try not to take it all that often, as it can fuck with your circadian rhythm, not something I would use continually. But it's great for resetting your sleep pattern or getting to sleep when you need to be.

I would suggest valerian root over melatonin. Not only is it good for inducing sleep, it can be great for taking the edge off or easing anxiety a bit during the day. It works in a similar manner as benzodiazepines do (Xanax, Valium, etc..). Though the effects are relatively mild compared to pharmicuetical benzodiazepines, I have consumed 1g-1.5g of valerian root & extract for anxiety and it definitely helps....Valerian root is one of my favorite herbs

Also check out Kava :thumbup:

The most powerful sleep inducing substance I've used so far is diphenhydramine, 50mg-150mg and I literally start to fall asleep with my eyes open if I try to stay awake. Works like a charm, but is also not something I would want to take all that often....But if you want to for surely get to sleep, and quickly, DPH is your friend :yesnod:

Another thing with melatonin, less is more (for most people). 3mg is the most I take..You can get away with 1mg or less and it will still induce sleep...And both melatonin & valerian will turn up your dreams a notch, almost everyone experiences an increase in dreams and dream vividness from melatonin & valerian.

:stoner:

--------------------

OfflineRasJeph
Psycho Pete
Male

Loc: Bumfuckt Egypt
Re: melatonin. [Re: openmind]
    #514990 - 01/18/11 08:12 AM (13 years, 2 months ago)

I take it to have wild dreams sometimes. Thats all I use it for really. It gives me the most vivid crazy dreams I've ever had.

I can still remember a bunch of them and I NEVER remember my dreams.

I mix it up between NyQuil, Benadryl and melatonin when I feel a need to take something to sleep. So, I never really get dependent on any of them because I never use the same one two nights in a row.

I don't NEED to take them, but it sure makes sleep a lot better.

--------------------
Of course it's happening inside your head.
Why should that mean it isn't real?

OfflineCage
Melancholy Mindfuck.

#515052 - 01/18/11 01:32 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

openmind said:
Quote:

iStoner said:

Yup...Melatonin is nice...

Try not to take it all that often, as it can fuck with your circadian rhythm, not something I would use continually. But it's great for resetting your sleep pattern or getting to sleep when you need to be.

I would suggest valerian root over melatonin. Not only is it good for inducing sleep, it can be great for taking the edge off or easing anxiety a bit during the day. It works in a similar manner as benzodiazepines do (Xanax, Valium, etc..). Though the effects are relatively mild compared to pharmicuetical benzodiazepines, I have consumed 1g-1.5g of valerian root & extract for anxiety and it definitely helps....Valerian root is one of my favorite herbs

Also check out Kava :thumbup:

The most powerful sleep inducing substance I've used so far is diphenhydramine, 50mg-150mg and I literally start to fall asleep with my eyes open if I try to stay awake. Works like a charm, but is also not something I would want to take all that often....But if you want to for surely get to sleep, and quickly, DPH is your friend :yesnod:

Another thing with melatonin, less is more (for most people). 3mg is the most I take..You can get away with 1mg or less and it will still induce sleep...And both melatonin & valerian will turn up your dreams a notch, almost everyone experiences an increase in dreams and dream vividness from melatonin & valerian.

Interesting, I've tried valerian various times, extract and pill form, doesn't help me that much, and I don't really notice a change in my anxiety, have yet to try melatonin though, afraid of becoming dependent though. I have major insomnia because of my anxiety, laying in bed until I fall asleep is when my anxiety is usually it it's worst.

InvisibleiStoner
Astral Beast
Male

Re: melatonin. [Re: Cage]
    #515107 - 01/18/11 02:31 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

is valerian legal? I should probably get my hands on some

--------------------

OfflineCage
Melancholy Mindfuck.

#515113 - 01/18/11 02:35 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

iStoner said:
is valerian legal? I should probably get my hands on some

Yep.

OfflineFRACTALife
Rust Fuckin' Cohle
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Carcosa Flag
    #515140 - 01/18/11 02:55 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Glad you had a good sleep, iStoner!

Good job of explaining stuff, openmind.

I have quite a lot of experience with sleep aids myself.

Cannabis of course :happyweed:, Melatonin, DPH, Doxylamine, Xanax, Valarian, Kava, Seroquel.

It's hard to say which is best, as it depends on your body.

Some definitely knock you out while some have more gentle effects.

They are all interesting.

--------------------

OfflineRasJeph
Psycho Pete
Male

Re: melatonin. [Re: FRACTALife]
    #515200 - 01/18/11 03:31 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Ambien was the best one ever. But dear god, after my last attempt at a recreational experience with it I'll never ever take it again, even to sleep.

--------------------

OfflineCage
Melancholy Mindfuck.

Re: melatonin. [Re: RasJeph]
    #515220 - 01/18/11 03:39 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

RasJeph said:
Ambien was the best one ever. But dear god, after my last attempt at a recreational experience with it I'll never ever take it again, even to sleep.

The one time I really went for a recreational experience was fucking crazy.. :eek:

After a couple too many somehow I lost judgement and decided to take more and more, at the worst of it I remember trying to make the decision between taking 5 more now, and 2 later (What the fuck..), or all 7 now (WHAT THE FUCK..).

I sat in the garage listening to music and smoking cigarettes for a couple hours, every time I'd stare at something it would "crawl"... I was watching the knob on the door and saw it "crawl" lower and lower until it looked to be an inch off the ground on the door... There was a pile of clothes/bags on a couch and I stared at it for ages thinking it was fucking MOVING.. After like 20 minutes I got up and fucking checked..

Text on a computer screen seemed to turn/rotate 3 dimensionally.. The craziest part was the CEVs.. I'd close my eyes and visualize and practically FEEL someone walk into the garage, it seemed like I could just FEEL the wind from the movement and a person's presence.. :eek:

OfflineRasJeph
Psycho Pete
Male

#515239 - 01/18/11 03:49 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Oh christ, I have a crazy crazy story about ambien. I'll make a new thread in a few hours.

We tripped on it about a year ago, and it was one of the craziest days of my life. I found a map we made while we were tripping on it a few days ago (literally almost a year later) and its the craziest shit.

We really had some kind of fucking plan, but I have NO IDEA what the plan was :lol: Its mad funny, I gotta get a pic and I'll post it.

--------------------

InvisibleiStoner
Astral Beast
Male

#515247 - 01/18/11 03:52 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

looking forward to the ambien report :lol:
I sleep walk when i take it, so none of that for me.

--------------------

OfflineJustice_Fish
Fustice_Jish
Male

Loc: CebèuQ
    #515251 - 01/18/11 03:53 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

for sleep I tried 5htp and it works pretty well :thumbup:
-crazy fucking intense wayyyy too real- dreams happening at night!

Also, mood lift and no anxiety. Smoking weed after one week of taking 5htp and vitamin B6: awesome:happyweed:

OfflineCage
Melancholy Mindfuck.

Re: melatonin. [Re: FRACTALife]
    #515310 - 01/18/11 06:10 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

FRACTALife said:

Cannabis of course :happyweed:, Melatonin, DPH, Doxylamine, Xanax, Valarian, Kava, Seroquel.

Well, you're as close to an expert as I'm gonna get any time soon.. Which are the ones that knock you out? I have anxiety, and I obsess over every single little detail of my existence, I'm not looking for gentle effects, I'm looking for something to shut me off to sleep whether my obsessive mind likes it or not. :shakefist:

Invisibleopenmind
cannaisseur

#515356 - 01/18/11 08:19 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Cage said:
Quote:

FRACTALife said:

Well, you're as close to an expert as I'm gonna get any time soon.. Which are the ones that knock you out? I have anxiety, and I obsess over every single little detail of my existence, I'm not looking for gentle effects, I'm looking for something to shut me off to sleep whether my obsessive mind likes it or not. :shakefist:

As far as over the counter stuff, I would say 75mg-150mg of DPH should knock you out. If you can't sleep or for some reason stay awake after taking it, once you start getting over 150mg is when the deliriant effects will come out...Shit is weird :crazy:!...

Sounds like some meditation through out the day wouldn't be a bad idea either, get control of that mind of yours...Learn to silence it

--------------------

OfflineCage
Melancholy Mindfuck.

#515472 - 01/19/11 07:21 AM (13 years, 2 months ago)

I've been trying meditation, but I feel like I'm not doing it right.. I try to focus on my breathing but it doesn't really seem to do it for me, I was told to just push thoughts that come along out of the way and go back to focusing on my breathing but it just seems like I'm doing way too much scrambling in my head to silence all those thoughts..

Offlinespacemonkey69
Trusted Vaporizer

Loc: Flag
    #515488 - 01/19/11 08:46 AM (13 years, 2 months ago)

this reminds me that i should probably take some melatonin tonight. I haven't been sleeping well.

--------------------
[quote]
“You see this glass bong?” asks Achaan Chaa, the Thai meditation master. “For me this glass is already broken. I enjoy it; I smoke out of it. It holds my water admirably, sometimes even reflecting the sun in beautiful patterns. If I should tap it, it has a lovely ring to it. But when I put this glass bong on the shelf and the wind knocks it over or my elbow brushes it off the table and it falls to the ground and shatters, I say, ‘Of course.’ When I understand that the glass is already broken, every moment with it is precious.”[/quote]

Offlinebeatyou5
owl
Male User Gallery

Loc: 512
    #515491 - 01/19/11 08:51 AM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Cage said:
After a couple too many somehow I lost judgement and decided to take more and more, at the worst of it I remember trying to make the decision between taking 5 more now, and 2 later (What the fuck..), or all 7 now (WHAT THE FUCK..).

Everyone I know (including myself) does this same shit w/ ambien when trying recreational usage. It starts out by taking just a couple, then somehow I always think its a good idea to take more and end up taking a bunch of em. Results in some shitty weird trip where I end up staring at something for a couple of hours and passing out.

Invisibleopenmind
cannaisseur

Re: melatonin. [Re: beatyou5]
    #515781 - 01/19/11 06:49 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

beatyou5 said:
Quote:

Cage said:

Everyone I know (including myself) does this same shit w/ ambien when trying recreational usage. It starts out by taking just a couple, then somehow I always think its a good idea to take more and end up taking a bunch of em. Results in some shitty weird trip where I end up staring at something for a couple of hours and passing out.

I've also heard quite a few stories of people doing this...

--------------------

Offlinespacemonkey69
Trusted Vaporizer

Loc: Flag
Re: melatonin. [Re: spacemonkey69]
    #516019 - 01/20/11 01:15 AM (13 years, 2 months ago)

So i took some Melatonin last night. Had a vivid dream and now im up at 3am.

--------------------
[quote]
“You see this glass bong?” asks Achaan Chaa, the Thai meditation master. “For me this glass is already broken. I enjoy it; I smoke out of it. It holds my water admirably, sometimes even reflecting the sun in beautiful patterns. If I should tap it, it has a lovely ring to it. But when I put this glass bong on the shelf and the wind knocks it over or my elbow brushes it off the table and it falls to the ground and shatters, I say, ‘Of course.’ When I understand that the glass is already broken, every moment with it is precious.”[/quote]

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals, CBD Capsules   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds