Home | Community | Message Board

High Mountain Gold Compost
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals, CBD Concentrates   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
InvisibleDataM
That Guy
Male

Loc: Southwestern US Flag
Re: A homemade grinder mod for my girlfriend's christmas present [Re: DungenessDank]
    #506114 - 12/16/10 11:26 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

:dumblol: RasJeph you just made my day

--------------------
“The Universe is under no obligation to make sense to you” -NDT

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleDataM
That Guy
Male

Re: A homemade grinder mod for my girlfriend's christmas present [Re: Data]
    #506173 - 12/17/10 02:28 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

Damn she's a fucking bitch...I feel retarded for being so wrapped around her finger...she is the definition of a succubus

--------------------

OfflineDungenessDank
Lord of the Flies

Loc: PNW
Re: A homemade grinder mod for my girlfriend's christmas present [Re: Data] * 1
    #506174 - 12/17/10 02:30 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

Dude, shes a jew, what did you expect? :justdontknow:

Invisiblepsyberpunk
Lunatic

Loc: Behind a Pipe
Re: A homemade grinder mod for my girlfriend's christmas present [Re: DungenessDank]
    #506198 - 12/17/10 03:25 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

LOL. Jewish American Princesses. There is not a sane one among them. Basically you're dating an unfunny version of Sarah Silverman.

InvisibleDataM
That Guy
Male

Re: A homemade grinder mod for my girlfriend's christmas present [Re: psyberpunk]
    #506244 - 12/17/10 06:31 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

:unbelievable:  :shocked2:  :what2:  :crazyeyes:  :jawdrop:  OH MY FUCKING GOD YOU ARE RIGHT!!! HAHAHAHA damn i'm kinda glad she dropped me now...fuck what was I thinking?

Thanks for bringing me to my senses :cool::thumbup:

--------------------

Offlinecsmandpking
Shroomer
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Shroomery
    #506249 - 12/17/10 06:40 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

Sweet tek, And very thoughtful for the girl!:thumbup:

--------------------
The monster is always in us...

you are smart baby!
cept for when youre really high...then you turn into my other boyfriend dippy.

Invisiblepsyberpunk
Lunatic

#506299 - 12/17/10 08:49 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

If you were not raised by a Jewish mother, you will never be able to please a girl like that. Well, never say never... but you know what I mean. It's an uphill battle that requires years of training.

InvisibleDataM
That Guy
Male

Re: A homemade grinder mod for my girlfriend's christmas present [Re: psyberpunk]
    #506314 - 12/17/10 09:30 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

you sound like you've had experience haha

--------------------

Invisiblepsyberpunk
Lunatic

#506352 - 12/18/10 06:28 AM (13 years, 3 months ago)

Just Jewish friends and a gentile friend who had a Jewish girlfriend once. Bitch made him buy her a tree and they lived in an apartment.

InvisibleDataM
That Guy
Male

#506358 - 12/18/10 07:06 AM (13 years, 3 months ago)

She was diagnosed bipolar...so not only does she exhibit the characteristics you describe but she was also incapable of feeling empathy towards someone else. It was always about her, but she was really smart and really good at faking concern and emotion but now that I think back on everything, she was always motivated by her own wants and needs, I should have dumped her months ago.

Its a fresh start...plus her hot indian roomate has been chatting me up since she dumped me :dancingshroom:

agmotes165 :cool::thumbup:

--------------------

Invisiblepsyberpunk
Lunatic

#506359 - 12/18/10 07:50 AM (13 years, 3 months ago)

The roommate is just fishing for information for your ex.

InvisibleDataM
That Guy
Male

#506366 - 12/18/10 08:34 AM (13 years, 3 months ago)

haha i figured thats why i feed her lines of shit the whole time :grin:

--------------------

OfflineDungenessDank
Lord of the Flies

Loc: PNW
Re: A homemade grinder mod for my girlfriend's christmas present [Re: Data] * 1
    #506367 - 12/18/10 08:35 AM (13 years, 3 months ago)

:yesnod:

Don't forget smiley faces, bitches love smiley faces.

InvisibleDataM
That Guy
Male

#506371 - 12/18/10 08:43 AM (13 years, 3 months ago)

:awecid:  boondocks = amazing

--------------------

OfflineNobodyImportant
Science Is Subculture
Male User Gallery

Loc: Jawjuh.
    #509008 - 12/26/10 08:59 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

Hey man do you have any info on doing this with anodized aluminum grinders

--------------------
:bonghit:
Glass By: US Tubes, ZOB, Roor.de, Sheldon Black, Jerome Baker, Medicali, Kennaroo, Sand, Alex K, Local and Unknown Artists

InvisibleDataM
That Guy
Male

Re: A homemade grinder mod for my girlfriend's christmas present [Re: NobodyImportant]
    #509049 - 12/26/10 11:51 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

I would guess its the same procedure since anodizing does nothing but increases the thickness of the natural oxide layer on the outside surface of the aluminum...You may need to do a few test runs to figure out what kind of exposure times you need, a thicker oxide layer may mean the paste needs to stay on the aluminum longer.

agmotes165

--------------------

Invisibleusg543
◕‿◕

#509071 - 12/27/10 03:18 AM (13 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

agmotes165 said:
***WARNING: THIS TEK ONLY WORKS ON ALUMINUM! ANY OTHER METALS CAN BE ETCHED BUT WILL NEED A DIFFERENT MIXTURE OF CHEMICALS, PLEASE ASK OR SEND A :pm: IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS ABOUT HOW TO ETCH OTHER METALS :grin:***

So I bought my gf a grinder for Christmas/Hanukkah, and decided that although it was a nice 4 piece grinder...it needed something more. So i decided to personalize it by etching an image into the polished aluminum top piece.

this is the grinder, pre-etching

and here are the materials needed to do this:

-Muriatic acid (diluted HCl for cleaning brick)
-Hydrogen Peroxide (standard 3% from walmart)
-Colloidal Silica (i got mine from west marine...a boating store, its used as filler material that is added to marine expoxy)
-Acetone for prepping metal surfaces (ended up not needing it...but if its a well used grinder you may want to wipe it down prior to starting)
-self-adhesive vinyl shelving liner
-and last but not least...a grinder to modify ^_^

I found an image online, and the vinyl was thin enough so that you can resize the image to whatever size you want and then just do a light trace on the paper side of the vinyl. Once you have ur design down...use a razor blade to very carefully cut out the design. This can be tricky and you may have to spend a little time practicing...if you just drag the blade it will sometimes catch the paper and pull it off the vinyl.

Carefully arrange the pieces of the vinyl on the top of the grinder as seen in the pic below...the vinyl pieces go where you dont want etching...and the open spots where you can still see metal will be the parts that are etched.

next is to make the etching paste...paste is much easier to work with and much safer since you dont have to worry about splashes with acid. Simply add 1 volume of muriatic acid to 2 volumes of hydrogen peroxide, stirring the whole time as the mixture will heat up as you add the acid to the peroxide, add the acid slowly to avoid boilover.

***WARNING!!! NEVER ADD HYDROGEN PEROXIDE OR WATER TO ACID, ALWAYS ADD THE ACID TO THE WATER OR HYDROGEN PEROXIDE, IF YOU FAIL TO HEED MY WARNING YOU COULD END UP WITH A BEAKER OF BOILING AND SPLASHING ACID SOLUTION ALL OVER YOU AND EVERYTHING AROUND YOU!!!***

next you mix your colloidal silica into the acid solution until you get a paste a little thinner than toothpaste...but again its whatever you feel most comfortable working with...if you get the mixture too thick then it will hold bubbles that are generated on the surface of the aluminum and ur etching will look uneven and spotty...so just make sure you dont mix it much thicker than toothpaste.

next you wanna cut a square vinyl that is bigger than ur grinder and affix it to something that is larger than the grinder

on this vinyl application piece you should spread out a thick layer of the etching paste in a circle that is as big or slightly bigger than the grinder that you have

When you are ready and your vinyl stencil is on the grinder and ready to go, just lightly press the stencil side of the grinder into the paste and let it sit for 1-3 minutes...you could go longer but i didnt need to. Make sure that every now and again during etching you very gently press on the grinder top to push out any hydrogen gas bubbles that are forming where the etching is taking place...this allows the etching to proceed at an even pace all over the design.

When the 1-3 minutes is up...simply pull straight up on the grinder top to remove the grinder without disturbing the vinyl stencil...and rinse for a minute or so under a full open faucet to rinse all etching paste off...then peel off your stencil and wash the etched area with dish soap to remove any oxidized aluminum and to ensure that any etching paste or residual acid is gone, dry it off and enjoy your new personalized grinder!!!:cool::thumbup:

I actually got creative and decided to challenge myself with a super tiny design to test out how accurate this etching process is...with smaller designs its best to just plop a dollop of etching paste onto the stenciled grinder surface and gently tap the paste throughout the 1-3 minutes to make sure that bubbles that form dont stay on the surface of the aluminum...make sure to use something that will not be affected by acid, i used a glass stirring rod for all of my dealings with the etching paste. Anyway...this is the final design

So there you have it...a way to personalize your aluminum grinder if you so desire. Please feel free to comment or ask questions if i have left anything out, if not have a happy holiday, whichever holiday that may be, and if you dont celebrate a holiday this time of the year, well then peace and love and bud to you and all who inhabit this Earth :rastamon:

agmotes165 :cool::thumbup:

nice tek

InvisibleDataM
That Guy
Male

Re: A homemade grinder mod for my girlfriend's christmas present [Re: usg543]
    #509269 - 12/27/10 07:55 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

For anyone who is interested in a technique for brass, there is a tek HERE

agmotes165

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals, CBD Concentrates   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom