Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   THCeeds Marijuana Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineFastFirebird
Stranger
All plants are hermie wtf?
    #505590 - 12/14/10 11:44 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

All my girls are hermie. I got the seeds for free on a giveaway a seedbank was doing. Think that could be the cause? Im guessing its genetic. Should I grow em out or rip em out? They got nice buds but I also see pollen sacks forming too. It looks like its gunna be good smoke But im not sure if i should just start over again. I will never use free seeds again I guess.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleStonethM
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
Male User Gallery

Loc: No where ville, USA Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: All plants are hermie wtf? [Re: FastFirebird]
    #505593 - 12/14/10 11:56 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Are you sure there is no light leaks?
As far as to grow or not to grow is up to you.
It's going to be some what seedie of course.

OfflineFastFirebird
Stranger
Re: All plants are hermie wtf? [Re: Stoneth]
    #505594 - 12/14/10 12:01 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

No light leaks its in a tent. I have a feeling its the seed. Ive never had this problem before.

InvisibleCrayolaHalls
Dreams of Oceans
Male

Re: All plants are hermie wtf? [Re: FastFirebird]
    #505642 - 12/14/10 04:00 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

FastFirebird said:
No light leaks its in a tent. I have a feeling its the seed. Ive never had this problem before.

It is very possible.  I see a lot of people on message boards say, "oh well, it went hermie - now I will have seeds to use instead of reordering."  The only problem with that is that hermie can be caused by genes.  I would give away potentially hermie seeds too!

This is also why I always tell people to only use the professional seedbanks and breeders.  Too many people think they have skills when all they know how to do is spread pollen.  The professional groups rely on good quality and genetics for repeat long-term business. 

I would never trust my resources to a free seed unless it was from a friend that knew their shit.  That includes the freebies at some of the internet sites.  Those seeds were cheap or free for a reason.

--------------------
I am not a cannabis grower.  I find the cannabis growers to be the most open to experimenting and sharing out of all of the different botany groups I enjoy.  I frequently use the suggestions that I find to apply to own organic gardening and food production.

OfflineFastFirebird
Stranger
Re: All plants are hermie wtf? [Re: CrayolaHalls]
    #505656 - 12/14/10 05:27 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Yeah they came from a really good seedbank but im guessing thats why they were free. They were not feminized either and they all came out female with male parts. There is not a lot of pollen sacks but there there. they havent opend yet. And I will not be saving the seeds. I dont wanna risk growin hermies again.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   THCeeds Marijuana Seeds