Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Kraken Kratom Shop: Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Invisiblemhbound
Ballin out at all cost
Male User Gallery

Loc: High Flag
Someone explain this to me,
    #503600 - 12/07/10 07:48 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Mandatory minimum sentence: When someone is convicted of an offense punishable by a mandatory minimum sentence, the judge must sentence the defendant to the mandatory minimum sentence or to a higher sentence. The judge has no power to sentence the defendant to less time than the mandatory minimum. A prisoner serving an MMS for a federal offense and for most state offenses will not be eligible for parole. Even peaceful marijuana smokers sentenced to "life MMS" must serve a life sentence with no chance of parole.

According to that a judge cannot overturn mandatory sentences.................Yet, I know several people who have escaped not doing any jail time..Including 3 new ones that I can now add to that list.

So if they can't overturn it but are overturning it without people knowing, shouldn't someone tell the public? And tell the public which judge was doing it and what the case numbers were?

Because the people I'm referring to have gotten and are getting off because of the money and pull they have in this town/state.

I mean its bullshit to me becuase people like myself don't have the pull to get out of shit and can't cry to daddy to get them out of jail...But I mean it does say IT CANNOT BE OVERTURNED........................................................but it is being overturned for money.

I don't know where or who is getting the money but thats fucking garbage. They are choosing who should be exempt, but the law states it is to not be overturned.

So this makes judges above the law and proves it. I just want to hear some insight on this because its the first time I've really thought about it. Does this happen a lot? Or is it just in states with Mandatory sentences? Fucking judges probably like the MMS so they can scam the rich folks out of money.

--------------------
Suck my balls America

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineThe_Philosophy
Apothecary

Loc: Surrounded by dead things
Re: Someone explain this to me, [Re: mhbound]
    #503614 - 12/07/10 09:23 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

That sounds like some crooked shit but it happens everywhere. Money just rules peoples minds

Invisiblemhbound
Ballin out at all cost
Male User Gallery

Re: Someone explain this to me, [Re: The_Philosophy]
    #503616 - 12/07/10 09:53 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

yea i mean im just talking shit and maybe i was just thinking too much into it..

but seriously how can they overturn the law that they wrote and clearly says is NOT TO BE OVERTURNED or whatever it says exactly. i mean you know thats cool and all that they are doing that but they should give the all first time offenders the same chance but they dont. i watch first time offenders, no other prior convictions--worked the charges down with probation or whatever, go to prison here all the time....most of them black or hispanic.

these 3 kids im talking about were caught already twice selling on school campus(but like i said no conviction), and now are going to walk away yet again when theyve have their chance.

i wish someone would point that shit out. these 3 people are former 'friends' of mine who when i moved away for a year i lost touch with so im not mad or anything about it i could care less, like i said the laws should be that way for non-violent offenders like these guys, but it should also be like that for everyone..not just money people.

i mean if you pointed it out and started making it public that would keep these judges from doing that shit or either force them to change some kind of law...they'd probably just write a new law not making that information available to the public :facepalm:

lame

/rant

--------------------
Suck my balls America

OfflineDungenessDank
Lord of the Flies

Loc: PNW
    #503630 - 12/07/10 10:56 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

The lawyers are getting the money. Reduced charges = no MM

Invisiblemhbound
Ballin out at all cost
Male User Gallery

Re: Someone explain this to me, [Re: DungenessDank]
    #503633 - 12/07/10 11:11 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

gay

i mean i for 1 am up to lock the black and hispanic drug offenders up..most need to be locked up

--------------------
Suck my balls America

Offlinekyuzo
Stranger Than Fiction

#503636 - 12/07/10 11:43 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

DungenessDank said:
The lawyers are getting the money. Reduced charges = no MM

Yeah, it's amazing what paying the right lawyer, loads of money, can accomplish in an impartial justice system.  Hell, even how the cops are going to interact with you, and treat you, is going to be dictated by how much expendable cash you have to waste on a lawyer

Edited by kyuzo (12/07/10 11:58 AM)

Invisibleniteowl
GrandPaw
Male User Gallery

#503647 - 12/07/10 01:29 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

mhbound said:
i mean i for 1 am up to lock the black and hispanic drug offenders up..most need to be locked up

:dudewtf:

How can you claim that anyone using/selling drugs
should be locked up for life, regardless of race

:picard:

--------------------
The Ego is a pathological condition
like a calcareous tumor or cyst
that begins growing in the personality
in the absence of hallucinogenic substances
-Terence McKenna-

Invisiblemhbound
Ballin out at all cost
Male User Gallery

Re: Someone explain this to me, [Re: niteowl]
    #503649 - 12/07/10 01:32 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

oh c'mon you know im joking. :lol:

i knew someone would say something.

i think i said it in my first post that nobody should be treated special because they have money, SPECIALLY non-violent offenders.
i say if you are lenient for one you must post that shit up on the wall and do it for everyone else OR change the goddamn laws.

--------------------
Suck my balls America

OfflinePicklez
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #503705 - 12/07/10 07:05 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

DungenessDank said:
Reduced charges = no MM

Jump to top Pages: 1

Kraken Kratom Shop: Red Vein Kratom