Home | Community | Message Board

Royal Queen Seeds Cannabis Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore Bulk Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Offlinemixedup
Stranger

Loc: long island
opiates vs marijuana
    #502626 - 12/02/10 05:47 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

One of the things I like best about drugs, because I suffer from depression, is their ability to affect your emotions in a positive way. I'm talking about that heart lifting feeling. Like the peak part of your favorite song. Like love. That feeling. A good marijuana high can do this well, but marijuana doesn't even hold a candle to opiates. It's like marijuana affects your thoughts and elicit positive emotions, whereas opiates don't even fuck around and just go directly for your heart. I'd like to use a botched attempt at getting high on black tar heroin as an example of just how powerful opiates are. So, I bought some black tar heroin and split it between three people I was hanging out with. That was the mistake. It wasn't enough for 3 people, and it turned out to be a waste of money. Only the one dude got high because he injected it. I smoked it in a light bulb. Even though I didn't get high, I got a taste of the effects that lasted for a few minutes. It had been a while since I'd done any opiates and after I inhaled it, that essence, however slight under the circumstances, hit me...whipped me. Kinda like you've met one of the most beautiful girls you've ever seen in your life and you're subtly making all the right moves and you know she's gonna be yours in the near future. Yeah, man, opiates are fuckin' powerful. Picture like listening to your favorite song when your just in the mood...opaites give you a feeling even more robust than that and they artificially sustain that feeling. Hell yeah.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineTHEBats
The Bridge Master
Male

Re: opiates vs marijuana [Re: mixedup]
    #502630 - 12/02/10 06:02 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

There's a reason they ruin lives.

--------------------
kickin-two-hundo said:
you know what i did in english class? I came to class stoned out of my mind every day, i chugged vodka in the back of class, i put dead fish in the ceiling tiles. i put a gallon of old milk and orange juice in the file cabinet before winter vacation. i brought snakes in a tied up sweater and let them loose during class. i didnt go to school to learn, i went because i had to. i didnt care, and i didn't fucking listen to that stupid bitch. and i still don't fucking care. i tore the pages out of her books and burned them, and threw away all the books in the class, two books per day.  :twobooks:

Offlinemixedup
Stranger

Re: opiates vs marijuana [Re: THEBats]
    #502632 - 12/02/10 06:03 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

Yeah, it sucks that they tend too be too powerful and consuming for us. But they're fuckin' awesome.

Edited by mixedup (12/02/10 06:08 PM)

OfflineKERAN

#502635 - 12/02/10 06:10 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

They only ruin the lives of those who are unwilling or unable to respect them properly. Not saying I'm perfect, no, but to blame the ruination of lives on a substance that cannot self propagate? Bout as stupid as the argument that guns kill people. God damn people, and their god damn social structure, sociopolitical waves of ridiculousness, and misguided self fucking righteousness kill people.

On topic, I know exactly what you're saying, mixedup, I was pondering just the same thing yesterday as I smoked my first bong for the day. I was simply in awe at the magic that bud provides me, day after day. After I ripped that bad boy in, damn, I was teleported to home. Stunned by the speed and power with which she took me there.

And it got me thinking about why bud is my favourite past time, drug, social lubricant, and friend. It's because she doesn't fake it; there are no artificially induced feelings of love and companionship, something you may feel on MDMA or whatever. No. These aren't induced feelings, these are released feelings. They are just you, before you explore yourself. I feel natural drugs tend to have this effect. Rather than induce fake feelings, they release (and sometimes amplify) what's already inside of you.

OfflineFRACTALife
Rust Fuckin' Cohle
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Carcosa Flag
    #502636 - 12/02/10 06:18 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

:twobooks:

--------------------

OfflineTHEBats
The Bridge Master
Male

Re: opiates vs marijuana [Re: KERAN]
    #502637 - 12/02/10 06:19 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

Excuse my plain statement.  I didn't mean it in a way that suggested people aren't responsible for their own actions.  Merely that opiates are a poor drug of choice, and regular use will result in addiction.

Also drugs are chemicals, so all the feelings are inside of us already.  Our emotions are but a mix of synapses and neurotransmitters.  Whether the drug is natural or not has little to do with the effect that you're referencing.  Really?

--------------------
kickin-two-hundo said:
you know what i did in english class? I came to class stoned out of my mind every day, i chugged vodka in the back of class, i put dead fish in the ceiling tiles. i put a gallon of old milk and orange juice in the file cabinet before winter vacation. i brought snakes in a tied up sweater and let them loose during class. i didnt go to school to learn, i went because i had to. i didnt care, and i didn't fucking listen to that stupid bitch. and i still don't fucking care. i tore the pages out of her books and burned them, and threw away all the books in the class, two books per day.  :twobooks:

OfflineRasJeph
Psycho Pete
Male

Loc: Bumfuckt Egypt
    #502639 - 12/02/10 06:23 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

If I had to choose, I'd also choose opiates. It seemed I was allergic to them in high school...but it looks like I've grown out of my allergy? I've heard that can happen with other things, so why not that?

Fortunately, I don't really know anyone with any hookups anymore...I've cut myself off from all the people I did know with stuff, so its not really a possibility for me anymore. All it would take is a 5 minute phone call, of course, but I have the restraint not to make it :]

If I had to choose weed vs opiate? Of course opiate.

Or, together. :heart:

--------------------
Of course it's happening inside your head.
Why should that mean it isn't real?

OfflineKERAN

#502643 - 12/02/10 06:28 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

Have you had acid and shrooms? Have you had xanax and bud? Have you had you compared a naturally occurring medium of drugs to one that is artificially produced? You reference that emotions and drugs are just playing with synapses and neurotransmitters in the brain, I agree, but I also concede that there is something going on beyond my comprehension; because I can tell you that man made drugs produce a feeling quite (for lack of a better word) different from that produced by a plant.

Science can take us only so far. Where our sense fail, reason must step in. But tell me, what do we do when reason fails what we see and feel? I tell you what we do, appreciate. There are some things that just don't need to be understood, only known.

It's like food you grow, vs food you buy. one's natural, and tastes as much. The other one is a mess of fertilizers and process that you can definitely taste.

OfflineKERAN

#502646 - 12/02/10 06:31 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

Oh and I forgot to add: how can you say opiates are a poor choice of drug? Damn man, you in the wrong place. I think judgment lane was back that way, just ask the DEA, they'll help you out. You might even get accepted in a christian cult, or perhaps you'll form your own circle of judgmental pricks. Move on, narc.

OfflineTHEBats
The Bridge Master
Male

#502647 - 12/02/10 06:33 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

If you know the slightest bit about pharmacology and the spread of naturally occurring drugs versus those produced artificially then you would understand why there exists no difference.

Also, science may only take us so far but to conclude something based on subjective pretexts goes against progress.  I rather be left in ignorance than to come upon an incorrect conclusion to fill my ignorance.

Also no it's not like food you grow vs. food you buy.  That's a pretty poor analogy for comparing natural drugs and synthetic.

--------------------
kickin-two-hundo said:

OfflineRasJeph
Psycho Pete
Male

#502649 - 12/02/10 06:34 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

Man, not everyone has to have the same opinion of you. You're telling everyone to step down from their high horse from way up there on yours. Its all good dude. Its not a personal attack on you. But you're turning it into one.

--------------------

OfflineTHEBats
The Bridge Master
Male

#502650 - 12/02/10 06:34 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

KERAN said:
Oh and I forgot to add: how can you say opiates are a poor choice of drug? Damn man, you in the wrong place. I think judgment lane was back that way, just ask the DEA, they'll help you out. You might even get accepted in a christian cult, or perhaps you'll form your own circle of judgmental pricks. Move on, narc.

:twobooks:

--------------------
kickin-two-hundo said:

Offlinemixedup
Stranger

#502652 - 12/02/10 06:36 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

Most popular recreational drugs that aren't natural are semi-synthetic (i.e. LSD, methamphetamine, oxycodone) meaning they're chemically modified versions not far removed from their origins. And the chemicals used to modify them are natural :smile:

OfflineTHEBats
The Bridge Master
Male

#502654 - 12/02/10 06:39 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

And?  What does that have to do with anything? Also semi-synthetic still falls into the non-natural category.  Without man, they would not exist.  At least not on earth that we've discovered.

--------------------
kickin-two-hundo said:

Offlinemixedup
Stranger

#502658 - 12/02/10 06:44 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

Just throwing it out there :shrug: I don't discriminate against any substances. I base my opinions on the research on them and how they affect people.

OfflineRasJeph
Psycho Pete
Male

#502659 - 12/02/10 06:44 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

Somewhere down in the unexplored ocean there are deposits of all synthetic drugs. Thats where they come from. They wash up on the shores in China and trickle down to us via the internet.

--------------------

OfflineDungenessDank
Lord of the Flies

Loc: PNW
Re: opiates vs marijuana [Re: RasJeph]
    #502663 - 12/02/10 06:49 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

Heroin is bad mmmkay

OfflineRasJeph
Psycho Pete
Male

Re: opiates vs marijuana [Re: DungenessDank]
    #502665 - 12/02/10 06:50 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

You only get addicted if you shoot it :rolleyes:

:lol:

--------------------

OfflineTHEBats
The Bridge Master
Male

#502676 - 12/02/10 07:14 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

mixedup said:
Just throwing it out there :shrug: I don't discriminate against any substances. I base my opinions on the research on them and how they affect people.

I wasn't discriminating, and trust me, there's plenty of research to disfavor opiates over other substances.

--------------------
kickin-two-hundo said:

InvisibleShr0000ooooms
Cannabis Sampler

Loc: Hindu Kush Mountains
Re: opiates vs marijuana [Re: RasJeph]
    #502678 - 12/02/10 07:16 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

You suffer from depression because you have no friends? (this is not a "diss" it's a possible reason)

If so you shouldn't do drugs to releive your pain, when in fact it'll just make you fall deeper.

I've noticed that drugs tend to make people anti social.

--------------------
If I'm posting I'm high.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore Bulk Substrate