Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinedirtlambguy
Stranger
Harvest Timing and Trichomes
    #497443 - 11/12/10 03:24 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

I am planning on growing cannabis for the first time soon.  I am doing it hydroponically in a fabricated grow closet.  I also have the amethyst glasses that let you look at the resin heads.  And I've heard that you want to harvest when the resin heads turn a milky color.  And I've also heard that you want to just run water in your hydroponics for the last week or so, and something about leaving the plants in the dark for the last week or so. 
So the question I have is, how do you time harvesting the plant when the resin heads turn milky when you also have to cut the lights and nutrients a week before harvesting?  Are there indicators that the heads will turn or do they stay milky for more than a week or what?
Also, during the curing process, when there is a lot of moisture in the jars and the buds are still alive and breaking down their starches and all that, does the resin-head degredation process go on, or is it halted when the plant is harvested?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Harvest Timing and Trichomes [Re: dirtlambguy]
    #497583 - 11/13/10 06:03 AM (13 years, 5 months ago)

So the question I have is, how do you time harvesting the plant when the resin heads turn milky when you also have to cut the lights and nutrients a week before harvesting?  The heads will stay milky white for a week or so. Once about 10% to 25% turn amber is when I like to harvest.  Cut nutrients about a week or so before harvest in order to get a better tasting and burning product. The leaving the plants in the dark thing is a load of shit.

Are there indicators that the heads will turn or do they stay milky for more than a week or what? They will stay milky for a week or two during this time the heads will be turning amber.

Also, during the curing process, when there is a lot of moisture in the jars and the buds are still alive and breaking down their starches and all that, does the resin-head degredation process go on, or is it halted when the plant is harvested?  Once harvested it will slow down but as long as the bud is in the light and air dry or not it degrades.

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

InvisibleDr. SiekadellykM
Question Everything!
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Ketamine Flag
Re: Harvest Timing and Trichomes [Re: Magash]
    #497603 - 11/13/10 08:17 AM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

And I've also heard that you want to just run water in your hydroponics for the last week or so

Yeah, to flush the nutes out so you dont smoke em.

--------------------
The Kratom Report...

InvisibleCrayolaHalls
Dreams of Oceans
Male

Re: Harvest Timing and Trichomes [Re: Magash]
    #497773 - 11/13/10 03:49 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Magash said:
So the question I have is, how do you time harvesting the plant when the resin heads turn milky when you also have to cut the lights and nutrients a week before harvesting?  The heads will stay milky white for a week or so. Once about 10% to 25% turn amber is when I like to harvest.  Cut nutrients about a week or so before harvest in order to get a better tasting and burning product. The leaving the plants in the dark thing is a load of shit.

Great response.  I've always found that 24hrs or 7 days of dark advice to be amusing.

--------------------
I am not a cannabis grower.  I find the cannabis growers to be the most open to experimenting and sharing out of all of the different botany groups I enjoy.  I frequently use the suggestions that I find to apply to own organic gardening and food production.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds