Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Offlinekyuzo
Stranger Than Fiction

Want To Know If The FBI Is Tracking You? * 1
    #485426 - 10/05/10 11:17 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Want to know if the government is really tracking you? If you find one of these tucked underneath your car, you can start freaking out.

A routine visit to the mechanic by a Redditor and his friend turned up this ominous-looking device nestled right next to the exhaust on his friend’s car.

After promptly ruling out a bomb, other Redditors helped correctly identify the black device as a Guardian ST820 – a GPS-tracking unit made by Cobham and used exclusively by the army and law enforcement. According to the poster, the friend’s (now dead) father had ties to the Muslim religious community and was the subject of quite a bit of FBI interest. That interest also extended to the son, who has supposedly been on an FBI watchlist since last year.

“Why my friend is being tracked is anyone’s guess, but the only thing I think it could be is his connection to his father,” he says. “The FBI tried to get in touch with my friend a few months ago and he referred them to his lawyer and hasn’t heard from them since.” Redditors have thus far suggested sending the unit to France, Uganda, Cambodia, Kazakhstan, Yemen, Oceania, United Kingdom, Fiji, Estonia, Denmark and Somalia (in that order), the Chilean mine and Ron Paul’s car.

According to the poster, his friend’s car was also impounded for three months, which is when he believes the tracking unit was first placed on the car.

Sadly, such a move isn’t without legal precedent. This past August, the US Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit ruled that placing tracking devices underneath cars isn’t actually a breach of the Fourth Amendment, so long as law enforcement officials think someone is a criminal. Furthermore, this can be done even if your car is parked in your own driveway – a location that does not hold the same reasonable expectation of privacy as, say, a garage. Currently, California and eight other western US states recognise this ruling, according to Adam Cohen, a lawyer and reporter for Time.

Thankfully, the US Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia Circuit seems to disagree with this insanity. In a ruling last August, the latter court said that tracking anyone for an extended period of time with GPS does in fact constitute an invasion of privacy and should require a warrant. Yeah, we’ll go out on a limb and agree.

Stay tuned for the inevitable Supreme Court decision. And in the mean time, we’d suggest parking in your garage… if you have one.

http://www.gizmodo.com.au/2010/10/want-to-know-if-the-fbi-is-tracking-you-look-for-one-of-these/

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineTangerines
Grease Wizard
Male

Re: Want To Know If The FBI Is Tracking You? [Re: kyuzo]
    #485582 - 10/06/10 03:42 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Yes the FBI is very interested in marijuana growers and there whereabouts.  BEWARE OF BIG BROTHER EVERYONE! THIS IS NOT A TEST!

OfflineHarlz

Loc: cloudz
Re: Want To Know If The FBI Is Tracking You? [Re: Tangerines]
    #485592 - 10/06/10 03:49 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

read the thread fool :randy:

OfflineTangerines
Grease Wizard
Male

Re: Want To Know If The FBI Is Tracking You? [Re: Harlz]
    #485593 - 10/06/10 03:50 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

I did and I am not scared. There are bigger fish to fry.

OfflineHarlz

#485595 - 10/06/10 03:51 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Yea like them damn reptillians :tinfoil:

OfflineTangerines
Grease Wizard
Male

#485597 - 10/06/10 03:52 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Yea and the insectoids who the reptilians are fighting with.  I saw it with my seventh chakra.

OfflineHarlz

#485599 - 10/06/10 03:53 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

yea the seventh chakra will show you that :shrug:

OfflineTangerines
Grease Wizard
Male

#485600 - 10/06/10 03:55 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

At the place they were like "what things do you do that put you at risk for exposure?"  I told them I had an odd habit of swallowing  others used condoms as I was anonymous so nothing is on record.  They did not even look surprised so that brings me to the conclusion that it is not odd behavior.  Or rather, it is not unseen bahavior.

OfflineDoctorDarkMatter
Stranger

#485603 - 10/06/10 04:00 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Yea, the gov. is too busy moving their animal pathogen testing facilities to the heart of kansas from plum island, their attention is preoccupied for now. We can grow in piece for the time being..

OfflineTangerines
Grease Wizard
Male

Re: Want To Know If The FBI Is Tracking You? [Re: DoctorDarkMatter]
    #485604 - 10/06/10 04:01 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

True that man.  They put pathogens in my jeans.  I can see them sometimes at night when I sleep with one eye open.

OfflineHarlz

#485608 - 10/06/10 05:00 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

reptillian pathogens :tinfoil:

Offlinekyuzo
Stranger Than Fiction

#485621 - 10/06/10 05:42 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

1) who said anything about marijuana cultivation?  Last i checked this was part of the forum dedicated to general discussion

2) I think state surveillance, and the erosion of privacy rights, is everyone's concern.  Regardless if you're involved in illegal activity, or not

3)The FBI is usually part of any joint task force, including those dealing with narcotics

4) If the topic doesn't interest you, then learn to ignore it

Edited by kyuzo (10/06/10 06:02 PM)

Offlinekyuzo
Stranger Than Fiction

#485622 - 10/06/10 05:45 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Tangerines said:
Yes the FBI is very interested in marijuana growers and there whereabouts.  BEWARE OF BIG BROTHER EVERYONE! THIS IS NOT A TEST!

<<<LAKEPORT – The Federal Bureau of Investigation and local authorities last week seized nearly 100 marijuana plants from a home whose owner said he was growing it for medicinal purposes.

Lt. Brad Rasmussen of the Lakeport Police Department said the raid took place at the home of Matthew Ward within the Lakeport city limits on the morning of Sept. 27.

Police became aware of the plants by accident, said Rasmussen. A US Forest Service marijuana flight went over the home and a federal law enforcement officer spotted the grow.

Once it was determined to be in Lakeport's jurisdiction, police discussed the matter with the FBI, who Rasmussen said ordered the seizure.

“They are taking the lead on the investigation,” said Rasmussen.

Lakeport Police wrote search warrants which were served Sept. 27. Rasmussen said accompanying four Lakeport Police officers were agents from the FBI and the Lake County Narcotic Task Force.

Taken were a total of 97 plants, said Rasmussen – 84 mature, 13 immature – plus a little more than a pound of processed marijuana.>>>

http://www.safeaccessnow.org/article.php?id=5128

Invisibleltd
 User Gallery

#485628 - 10/06/10 06:04 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

THE END IS NEAR. LOVE JESUS OR GO TO HELL.

OfflineDoctorDarkMatter
Stranger

#485705 - 10/06/10 09:42 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

1) I don't think a reference to marijuana growing is against general discussion. especially when there are threads about subjects pertaining to mj in the general discussion.
2) Nobody said they where not interested in this subject, everybody's opinions' different.

Offlinekyuzo
Stranger Than Fiction

Re: Want To Know If The FBI Is Tracking You? [Re: DoctorDarkMatter]
    #485748 - 10/07/10 01:04 AM (13 years, 5 months ago)

what are you talking about?  No one said it was against the rules.  I merely pointed to the fact that the lounge is open to a pretty broad level of subject matter, much of which has completely nothing to do with Marijuana, nor it's cultivation.  Hence, it's seems a bit erroneous to assume that a thread, which never mentions marijuana, has anything to do with it, as the first reply did

OfflineTangerines
Grease Wizard
Male

#485940 - 10/07/10 06:52 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Yes so I am free to add my 2 cents as I see fit even if it goes against the flow you aRE TRYING TO GET.

Offlinekyuzo
Stranger Than Fiction

#485989 - 10/07/10 08:10 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

I think you over estimate the amount of concern I'm going to have over some random thread on a message board.  Also, no one said you weren't free to add your 2 cents, only that your remarks, up to this point, have been rather dull and ignorant

Edited by kyuzo (10/07/10 08:12 PM)

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale