Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinebayorganics
Stranger
 User Gallery
Sour Diesel discoloration and inward leaf curl
    #477742 - 09/15/10 08:05 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Hi guys,

I'm growing out Sour Diesel clones in my garden and am experiencing some issues that I can't figure out.

The plants were transplanted into 3 gallon containers one week ago and started exhibiting these signs a few days after. The light cycle is still in vegetative. The heat in the room has stayed between 75-82 degrees when the lights are on (averaging around 80 degrees most of the time).

The pictures are a bit discolored because of the light spectrum. The first picture shows the leaves curling inward. The second picture is a Sour Diesel without curling leaves, but yellow spots. The third picture is a Sour Diesel without curling leaves, without yellow spots, but has lighter green shades (not yellow) compared to the dark, leathery green color.

The plants are in Foxfarm Ocean Forest soil (which I had stopped using before because of nutrient burn issues). I am using organic nutrients (fish emulsion, guanos, organic compost teas, and some kelp foliar), so I am inclined to think that if it is a nutrient burn issue, then it is being caused by the Foxfarm soil.

After looking online I have found it can be a heat shock issue for the leaf curling, and then overwatering for the spotting, but I'd like to get some other opinions.

Anyone have any idea as to what could be causing these issues? I am growing Blackberry Kush with exactly the same regimen (and Foxfarm soil), and they are not exhibiting any of these problems - they look great, dark, leathery green.

My plan of attack is to just water them until I see them working out right, because I know there is enough nutrients in the soil  - it was just put in less than a week ago.

Any other suggestions?

Image 1: http://www.growery.org/forums/files/g10-37/460210152-IMG_0282.jpg
Image 2: http://www.growery.org/forums/files/g10-37/460219222-IMG_0283.jpg
Image 3: http://www.growery.org/forums/files/g10-37/460224449-IMG_0286.jpg

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineBlackstatis
Stranger

Re: Sour Diesel discoloration and inward leaf curl [Re: bayorganics]
    #477782 - 09/15/10 08:29 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

FLUSH asap!  there may be too many nutes in there from the looks of it, you may be over feeding. 

if you flush, you can start from scratch, then check your pH, get back on a watering sched...etc, you know.  have you ever flushed?  with soil i would have to do it every couple weeks.

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #478814 - 09/17/10 08:54 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

You sure about the temps cause it looks like heat stress?

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

OfflinegeokillsA
······· º¿° ·······
Male User Gallery

Loc: city of angels
Trusted Cultivator
    #479561 - 09/19/10 12:25 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Ditto on it lookin' like heat stress.  Also, Image 2 makes me wonder what time you have been foilar feeding?  I see some staining on the leaf finger that could indicate pooling of the foilar feed, which could in turn be responsible for some of the spotting you've noticed, as the pools of liquid under a strong HPS can easily burn your leaves.  Your foilar feed may also have been at too high of a concentration of nutrients, or otherwise not well homogenized.

--------------------
Do Your Part!

--------------------

InvisibleLaysthepipe
Vivi Sex Symbol
 User Gallery

Loc: KOREA
Re: Sour Diesel discoloration and inward leaf curl [Re: geokills]
    #479593 - 09/19/10 03:45 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Magash said:
You sure about the temps cause it looks like heat stress?

Quote:

geokills said:
Ditto on it lookin' like heat stress.  Also, Image 2 makes me wonder what time you have been foilar feeding?  I see some staining on the leaf finger that could indicate pooling of the foilar feed, which could in turn be responsible for some of the spotting you've noticed, as the pools of liquid under a strong HPS can easily burn your leaves.  Your foilar feed may also have been at too high of a concentration of nutrients, or otherwise not well homogenized.

This happened to my plants a long time ago from an hps, heat stress, this combined with breaking the dark period sometimes, caused mine to go hermie in late flowering.

I third heat stress. Curling of the leaf blades is usually a dead giveaway of heat stress.

--------------------
:advisory:

“If you want to find out who your real friends are, sink the ship. The first ones to jump aren’t your friends.” — Marilyn Manson

This isn't the correct place to confront me on anything.

Forum full of dead stars, and a necro I called Coma White

OfflineCannasaurus
Pollen Chucker

Loc: Colorado Flag
Re: Sour Diesel discoloration and inward leaf curl [Re: Laysthepipe]
    #479696 - 09/19/10 07:10 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

It's heat. The leaves are trying to dissipate water and can't Probably some salt buildup too.

--------------------
"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius -- and a lot of courage -- to move in the opposite direction."
-Albert Einstein

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals