Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   OlympusMyco.com Sterilized Grain Bag   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineramshackle
Stranger
I'm a teapot User Gallery

When seedling then huh, when? Huh?
    #477273 - 09/15/10 12:10 AM (13 years, 7 months ago)

I paper towel'd 4 seeds that had been just sitting around for 9 months, for over 24 hours, until they all split. No taproot, but at that point I shoved them a few mm down into jiffy pots and put them in my grow space. I've read jiffy pots have pH issues but I pH tested both the pots and my water. Water seems to be pretty much smack on 7 and the pots are perhaps a little lower - around 6.5. As far as my knowledge goes, that's a pretty acceptable range.

They've now been 3 days sitting at 24*C and 39% humidity constantly, under 24 hour light. Still no seedlings. I did have some plastic wrap over them to keep the humidity in which I have recently removed as the pots are kept moist daily anyway. As far as I can tell it's basically ideal conditions and they'd already split. So what gives? Are my seeds kaput coz I didn't freeze them? Will they just take longer because they aren't freshies? I seem to remember their siblings took only between 48-72 hours to become full seedlings last time, cotyledons and all. But so far: not a sausage.

Is it time to get my hands on a new batch or should I continue to wait patiently? I did read someplace they can take up to 3 weeks (!!!) to germinate. Fuck I hope they don't take that long!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinelucas_southoz
Australian
Male

Re: When seedling then huh, when? Huh? [Re: ramshackle]
    #477293 - 09/15/10 12:24 AM (13 years, 7 months ago)

i just planted some 5 days ago and they just came outta the ground
yesterday, maybe try to gently comb away some of the soil and have a quick look at them? dont take my word though

Offlinerevman
claw thing

Re: When seedling then huh, when? Huh? [Re: lucas_southoz]
    #479150 - 09/18/10 03:18 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

wen i need to check mine i just
Quote:

lucas_southoz said:
i just planted some 5 days ago and they just came outta the ground
yesterday, maybe try to gently comb away some of the soil and have a quick look at them? dont take my word though

Offlineramshackle
Stranger
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Re: When seedling then huh, when? Huh? [Re: revman]
    #479353 - 09/18/10 11:03 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Good to hear they can take hella ages to spawn but they still ain't budging. I think they're duds. Pity, oh well! Lesson learned - store seeds properly goddamnit!

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   OlympusMyco.com Sterilized Grain Bag   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates