Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineFRACTALife
Rust Fuckin' Cohle
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Carcosa Flag
Requiem for a Dream
    #468479 - 08/27/10 02:35 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

WOW!
:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

That movie is fucking amazing...

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineKing Koopa
Natty
 User Gallery

Re: Requiem for a Dream [Re: FRACTALife]
    #468485 - 08/27/10 02:47 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

It's perfect.

--------------------
Alcoholics Anonymous is a fellowship of men and women who share their experience, strength and hope with each other that they may solve their common problem and help others to recover from alcoholism.

The only requirement for membership is a desire to stop drinking. There are no dues or fees for A.A. membership; we are self-supporting through our own contributions. A.A. is not allied with any sect, denomination, politics, organization or institution; does not wish to engage in any controversy; neither endorses nor opposes any causes. Our primary purpose is to stay sober and help other alcoholics to achieve sobriety.

OfflinePicklez
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #468490 - 08/27/10 02:54 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

It's also 10 years old. Get with the times :tongue:

Great movie though. Pretty fuckin intense.

OfflineFRACTALife
Rust Fuckin' Cohle
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Requiem for a Dream [Re: King Koopa]
    #468491 - 08/27/10 02:54 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

King Koopa said:
It's perfect.

Fuck yeah!
I wonder if the version I saw was the edited one or if it was the NC-17 one...

http://www.megavideo.com/?v=KGOXZFH5

Can someone tell me?

--------------------

OfflineChillWillis
old school fool

Re: Requiem for a Dream [Re: Picklez]
    #468492 - 08/27/10 02:55 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Fucking hated it.. too depressing

Did the chicks go ass to ass with the dildo?

--------------------

It's not a war on drugs, it's a war on personal freedom.

Offlinespacemonkey69
Trusted Vaporizer

Loc: Flag
Re: Requiem for a Dream [Re: Picklez]
    #468493 - 08/27/10 02:55 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Its like reefer Madness 2.0 :syringe:

--------------------
[quote]
“You see this glass bong?” asks Achaan Chaa, the Thai meditation master. “For me this glass is already broken. I enjoy it; I smoke out of it. It holds my water admirably, sometimes even reflecting the sun in beautiful patterns. If I should tap it, it has a lovely ring to it. But when I put this glass bong on the shelf and the wind knocks it over or my elbow brushes it off the table and it falls to the ground and shatters, I say, ‘Of course.’ When I understand that the glass is already broken, every moment with it is precious.”[/quote]

OfflineChillWillis
old school fool

Re: Requiem for a Dream [Re: spacemonkey69]
    #468494 - 08/27/10 02:56 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Woah, haven't seen you in 1000 years

--------------------

OfflineKing Koopa
Natty
 User Gallery

#468495 - 08/27/10 02:56 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

ChillWillis said:

--------------------
Alcoholics Anonymous is a fellowship of men and women who share their experience, strength and hope with each other that they may solve their common problem and help others to recover from alcoholism.

The only requirement for membership is a desire to stop drinking. There are no dues or fees for A.A. membership; we are self-supporting through our own contributions. A.A. is not allied with any sect, denomination, politics, organization or institution; does not wish to engage in any controversy; neither endorses nor opposes any causes. Our primary purpose is to stay sober and help other alcoholics to achieve sobriety.

OfflineFRACTALife
Rust Fuckin' Cohle
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Requiem for a Dream [Re: ChillWillis]
    #468497 - 08/27/10 02:57 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

ChillWillis said:

Yes but I hear the only difference is that the "main sex scene" is shortened in the edited version. :shrug:

--------------------

Edited by FRACTALife (08/27/10 02:57 PM)

OfflineKing Koopa
Natty
 User Gallery

#468498 - 08/27/10 02:57 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

spacemonkey69 said:

No. Not Really.

--------------------

Offlinespacemonkey69
Trusted Vaporizer

#468501 - 08/27/10 03:00 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

King Koopa said:
Quote:

spacemonkey69 said:

No. Not Really.

They did the same thing with Heroin, as they did with Marijuana back then.

--------------------
[quote]
“You see this glass bong?” asks Achaan Chaa, the Thai meditation master. “For me this glass is already broken. I enjoy it; I smoke out of it. It holds my water admirably, sometimes even reflecting the sun in beautiful patterns. If I should tap it, it has a lovely ring to it. But when I put this glass bong on the shelf and the wind knocks it over or my elbow brushes it off the table and it falls to the ground and shatters, I say, ‘Of course.’ When I understand that the glass is already broken, every moment with it is precious.”[/quote]

OfflineFRACTALife
Rust Fuckin' Cohle
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #468503 - 08/27/10 03:01 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

ChillWillis said:

What's so depressing about a bunch of beautiful people losing everything and having their dreams crushed by succumbing to their own individual addictions and dreams?

Oh yeah. That is sort of depressing. But I don't feel it was depressing, I feel it was EPIC! You can't even describe it! The way things change with you barely noticing and then it's BOOOMB!

I should really stop being like Sara Goldfarb with my adderall and xanax reigmen... I don't like being electrocuted that much.

Quote:

spacemonkey69 said:
Quote:

King Koopa said:
Quote:

spacemonkey69 said:

No. Not Really.

They did the same thing with Heroin, as they did with Marijuana back then.

It's not an anti drug film. It is a film about defining what a drug is.

The majority of reviewers characterized Requiem for a Dream in the genre of "drug movies," along with films like Trainspotting, Spun, and Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas.[4][5] However, Aronofsky has said:[6]
“ Requiem for a Dream is not about heroin or about drugs… The Harry-Tyrone-Marion story is a very traditional heroin story. But putting it side by side with the Sara story, we suddenly say, 'Oh, my God, what is a drug?' The idea that the same inner monologue goes through a person's head when they're trying to quit drugs, as with cigarettes, as when they're trying to not eat food so they can lose 20 pounds, was really fascinating to me. I thought it was an idea that we hadn't seen on film and I wanted to bring it up on the screen. ”

In the book, Selby refers to the "American Dream" as amorphous and unattainable, a compilation of the various desires of the story's characters.

--------------------

Offlinespacemonkey69
Trusted Vaporizer

#468506 - 08/27/10 03:08 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Although that is the main point to the film. One can definitely draw similarities between the two.

--------------------
[quote]

OfflineKing Koopa
Natty
 User Gallery

#468507 - 08/27/10 03:11 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

This movie is about fear, depression, and mostly addiction. Drugs were just the path to get there

--------------------

OfflineChillWillis
old school fool

#468511 - 08/27/10 03:17 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Correction, the mom makes me soooo fucking depressed.. Like I almost wanna cry and I haven't done that in years

--------------------

Offlinespacemonkey69
Trusted Vaporizer

#468512 - 08/27/10 03:17 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

--------------------
[quote]

OfflineFRACTALife
Rust Fuckin' Cohle
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #468521 - 08/27/10 03:29 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

spacemonkey69 said:

Harold gets an arm infection from using needles and the black guy gets sent to prison because heroin is illegal. The girl became a hooker/sex show performer because she was in debt.

Heroin was not scrutinized in this film. It is neither pro or anti drug. It just shows the human condition. I couldn't even tell for sure whether it was coke or heroin, but I guessed heroin mainly because of their behavior after shooting up. It may have been because I saw a crappy computer version I couldn't tell, I plan on renting it tonight or tomorrow and watching it on the big screen TV.

--------------------

OfflineTHEBats
The Bridge Master
Male

#468536 - 08/27/10 04:01 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

FRACTALife said:
Quote:

spacemonkey69 said:

Harold gets an arm infection from using needles and the black guy gets sent to prison because heroin is illegal. The girl became a hooker/sex show performer because she was in debt.

Heroin was not scrutinized in this film. It is neither pro or anti drug. It just shows the human condition. I couldn't even tell for sure whether it was coke or heroin, but I guessed heroin mainly because of their behavior after shooting up. It may have been because I saw a crappy computer version I couldn't tell, I plan on renting it tonight or tomorrow and watching it on the big screen TV.

Seriously trying to compare this film to reefer madness?!?  There was very little exaggeration used in this film.

--------------------
kickin-two-hundo said:
you know what i did in english class? I came to class stoned out of my mind every day, i chugged vodka in the back of class, i put dead fish in the ceiling tiles. i put a gallon of old milk and orange juice in the file cabinet before winter vacation. i brought snakes in a tied up sweater and let them loose during class. i didnt go to school to learn, i went because i had to. i didnt care, and i didn't fucking listen to that stupid bitch. and i still don't fucking care. i tore the pages out of her books and burned them, and threw away all the books in the class, two books per day.  :twobooks:

OfflineFRACTALife
Rust Fuckin' Cohle
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Requiem for a Dream [Re: THEBats]
    #468543 - 08/27/10 04:05 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

--------------------

Offlinespacemonkey69
Trusted Vaporizer

#468563 - 08/27/10 04:47 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

:thumbup: This is great.

Putting Clint Mansell to anything makes it sound Epic.
Lux Aeterna is one of my favorite.

--------------------
[quote]

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom