Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale, Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Invisibleblissedout
Mehtastic
Male

Alabama Man Dies In Jail After Being Arrested For Marijuana * 1
    #464611 - 08/20/10 11:45 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

http://www.tokeofthetown.com/2010/08/alabama_man_dies_in_jail_after_being_arrested_for.php

Alabama Man Dies In Jail After Being Arrested For Marijuana

Family members of a 32-year-old Alabama man who died in his jail cell after being arrested for possession of marijuana said they tried to warn officers about his fragile health, but were ignored.

Jacob Ashley Jordan was found dead in his cell at the Baldwin County Corrections Center at about 1 a.m. Friday, according to the Baldwin County Sheriff's Office, reports Connie Baggett at the Mobile Press-Register.

Jordan had a "pre-existing medical condition," according to Sheriff's spokesman Maj. Anthony Lowery, and had been moved into the jail's medical wing. Lowery claimed that the inmate had received medical treatment from nurses.

Jordan, who lived in Eight Mile, Ala., was found dead in his cell, according to Lowery.

The officer refused to give details, citing privacy laws that protect medical information, but did say there was "no evidence of any physical injury."

Jordan was booked into the county jail on July 2 after being transferred from the Mobile Metro Jail on a second-deree possession of marijuana charge and "hunting violations," Lowery said.

Why on earth was this seriously ill man -- who had done nothing worse than to possess marijuana, undoubtedly to relieve the symptoms of his disease -- still in jail seven weeks later?

Marijuana is known to help many of the symptoms of Addison's disease, including vomiting, diarrhea, weight loss and headaches.

Late Thursday afternoon Jordan began experiencing health problems, and was moved into the medical block of the jail for treatment and observation.

Maj. Lowery claimed Jordan was under medical care of the jail's doctor and nurses at the time of his death.

The case is being investigated by the Baldwin County District Attorney's Office, the Alabama Bureau of Investigation, the Baldwin County Coroner's Office and the Sheriff's Office, as is standard policy, the Press-Register reports.

Jordan's body was moved to the Alabama Department of Forensic Science in Mobile for an autopsy, according to Lowery.

There is much more to the story, according to Jordan's mother, Peggy Jordan of Eight Mile, who said she wanted some answers.

"The sheriff told me J.J. and three others were sitting in their cell watching television when J.J. slumped over and his heart stopped," Peggy Jordan said. "They tried CPR, but couldn't revive him. I told them over and over he had Addison's disease and that he needed treatment."

"This didn't have to happen," the grieving mother said.

"Left the man to die over a second degree weed charge and a hunting violation," commented "TinFoilHatGuy" on the Press-Register's site. "I am sorry but even the law-and-order crowd has to say that is not any kind of justice I ever heard about."

"So dude had a joint and the county kills him for it," agreed another commenter, "badfish1060." "There is no reason to arrest people on these non-violent charges; give them a citation and be done with it. If you must do anything at all."

This isn't very far from me, at all.:sad:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleDr. SiekadellykM
Question Everything!
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Ketamine Flag
Re: Alabama Man Dies In Jail After Being Arrested For Marijuana [Re: blissedout]
    #464627 - 08/21/10 12:36 AM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Thats fucked up.

Same thing happened to my dad a while ago except hes fine now. He has diabetes and got arrested for smoking weed on the porch and they forgot about him at the holding center and lost his records.
They refused to give him any med supplies like insulin or anything and he past out into a diabetic coma and they had to take him to the hospital.
(I find he was in the hospital almost a week later because nobody at the hcenter had a clue where he was the whole time)

Just because these people are in jail doesnt mean they are scumbags that deserve to be treated like an emotionless object.:nonono:

--------------------
The Kratom Report...

Invisibleblissedout
Mehtastic
Male

Re: Alabama Man Dies In Jail After Being Arrested For Marijuana [Re: Dr. Siekadellyk] * 1
    #464629 - 08/21/10 12:38 AM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Once you're in there, they don't give a DAMN about you or your well being. Take it from someone who knows all too well.

InvisibleMr. Kite
For The Benefit.
Male

Re: Alabama Man Dies In Jail After Being Arrested For Marijuana [Re: blissedout]
    #464634 - 08/21/10 12:55 AM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Ok now I didnt read the article but I do like the fact that it says "Alabama Man Dies In Jail After Being Arrested For Marijuana"

Now that brings me a little laugh because they could have totally left out the Marijuana part.

It seems like we are doing the same thing that we hate about news places.

When you read a headline "Man shoots himself dead after smoking a joint" what do you think?

Yeah exactly, you think "Marijuana shouldnt even be in the headline, because he had some other issues".

So why is it that Marijuana is in the headline at all? Why does it matter? The guy obviously probably had some sort of an illness and the drug had nothing to do with it.

But also, who's to say the cops are at fault?

How do they know if he has a medical condition?

-Just an observation, it might not make sense to a lot of you, but it makes sense to me.

DONT JUDGE.

--------------------

Invisibleblissedout
Mehtastic
Male

Re: Alabama Man Dies In Jail After Being Arrested For Marijuana [Re: Mr. Kite] * 1
    #464649 - 08/21/10 02:39 AM (13 years, 7 months ago)

:huxleyfacepalm:

The point of that is: It was ridiculous that the laws are so antiquated that he should even be in jail over a joint's worth of weed in the first place. Secondly, for him to die in the care of the pigs is even more fucked up. If you read the article, you would know that his mom told the jail that he had a medical condition. They failed/are failing on many levels. Why wouldn't marijuana be in the headline? That's the sole reason that he was in jail and died there.

Offlinewholesheet
Stranger
Re: Alabama Man Dies In Jail After Being Arrested For Marijuana [Re: blissedout] * 1
    #464685 - 08/21/10 08:31 AM (13 years, 7 months ago)

sad story ... close to home.. legalize already..

OfflineLucid
Monster Plant Creator
Male User Gallery

Loc: Canada-ish. Flag
Re: Alabama Man Dies In Jail After Being Arrested For Marijuana [Re: Mr. Kite] * 1
    #465124 - 08/21/10 09:36 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Mr. Kite said:
Ok now I didnt read the article but I do like the fact that it says "Alabama Man Dies In Jail After Being Arrested For Marijuana"

Now that brings me a little laugh because they could have totally left out the Marijuana part.

It seems like we are doing the same thing that we hate about news places.

When you read a headline "Man shoots himself dead after smoking a joint" what do you think?

Yeah exactly, you think "Marijuana shouldnt even be in the headline, because he had some other issues".

So why is it that Marijuana is in the headline at all? Why does it matter? The guy obviously probably had some sort of an illness and the drug had nothing to do with it.

But also, who's to say the cops are at fault?

How do they know if he has a medical condition?

-Just an observation, it might not make sense to a lot of you, but it makes sense to me.

DONT JUDGE.

I'm going to go ahead and inform you that you may have brain cancer or some other mental ailment. You clearly have the mental capacity of a food baby. please go :suicide:

InvisibleMr. Kite
For The Benefit.
Male

Re: Alabama Man Dies In Jail After Being Arrested For Marijuana [Re: Lucid]
    #465225 - 08/21/10 11:35 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Just because you cant comprehend what I am saying doesn't mean I'm not smarter than you.

--------------------

Invisibleblissedout
Mehtastic
Male

#465242 - 08/22/10 12:04 AM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Dude.:facepalm:

You should just stop posting about this, as you clearly are impaired in the thinking/comprehension area.

:facepalm:

InvisibleFarBeyondDriven
Truthfully, I'm a bullshitter
Male User Gallery

Loc: Greenbow, Alabama
    #465244 - 08/22/10 12:06 AM (13 years, 7 months ago)

:sigh:

:facepalm:

--------------------

InvisibleMr. Kite
For The Benefit.
Male

Re: Alabama Man Dies In Jail After Being Arrested For Marijuana [Re: FarBeyondDriven]
    #465261 - 08/22/10 01:00 AM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Haha you people dont understand what I'm saying, and that is not my fault.

Just because you dont understand what I wrote doesnt mean I dont have a point.

Also, if you dont understand you should ask what I mean and not say " You are wrong".

--------------------

Invisibleblissedout
Mehtastic
Male

#465278 - 08/22/10 02:30 AM (13 years, 7 months ago)

I understand perfectly well what it was that you are saying. You said that there was no reason for marijuana to be brought up in the headline and that it was basically blowing shit out of proportion like the media does. That we were doing the same thing. That is where you are wrong. I will try and word this so that you can understand it, okay? The guy was arrested for marijuana possession, right? He was arrested for having a joint. Okay? As a result of that arrest, he was taken to jail. You got that? While in jail, he was not given his meds for the disease that he had. AS A RESULT, HE DIED. MARIJUANA WAS THE ONLY REASON THAT HE WAS IN JAIL AND BEING IN JAIL WITHOUT HIS MEDS WAS THE ONLY REASON THAT HE DIED.

Is it really so difficult to understand why marijuana was in the headline?

Now, tell us what we don't understand. Please.

InvisibleMr. Kite
For The Benefit.
Male

#465418 - 08/22/10 01:24 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

YOU APPARENTLY DONT UNDERSTAND THAT EVEN THOUGH IN YOUR MIND YOU MIGHT THINK THAT MARIJUANA IS LEGAL, IT'S STILL NOT. AND JUST BECAUSE HE HAD A MEDICAL CONDITION DOESNT MEAN THAT MARIJUANA SHOULD BE IN THE HEADLINE.

IM SURE THAT EVEN IF HE WAS BEING ARRESTED AS A DRUNK DRIVER THE SAME THING WOULD HAVE HAPPEND.

YA DIGG?

P.S. Caps makes you look like a fool.

--------------------

InvisibleMr. Kite
For The Benefit.
Male

Re: Alabama Man Dies In Jail After Being Arrested For Marijuana [Re: Mr. Kite]
    #465424 - 08/22/10 01:42 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

The headline should read "Man dies in jail from not having meds"

Because that implies that the cops did something wrong.

Why should Marijuana be in the headline or in the article at all?

If you want to act like Marijuana is legal then lets act like its legal.

--------------------

InvisibleFarBeyondDriven
Male User Gallery

#465666 - 08/22/10 11:32 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Ok, go spark up a joint in front of the police station.  Act like it's legal!

--------------------

OfflineDellik
Stranger

#465725 - 08/23/10 01:35 AM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Wow Kite, you might actually be the densest person ive encountered this... week. The reason why its in the headline is patently obvious. the point you are attempting to make, I think we all clearly see. Kind of like watching a toddler try to explain quantum physics. He(and obviously you) end up making no sense.  We understand your trying to say that the only reason marijuana is in the headline is to sensationalize the article, to get you attention. Its there simply because he was in jail, for a prolonged period of time that led to his death BECAUSE of nothing more then a joint.

Your point is a Non-point, it is invalid, because its based on a false assumption. And by insisting that your point is somehow mysteriously 'valid' but we just don't understand is making you seem more and more retarded by the post.

"A wise man keeps silent, and lets others think him a fool. a Fool opens his mouth and proves it for all to hear."

--------------------
"I am Jack's complete lack of surprise."

Invisibleblissedout
Mehtastic
Male

Re: Alabama Man Dies In Jail After Being Arrested For Marijuana [Re: Dellik] * 1
    #465817 - 08/23/10 11:19 AM (13 years, 7 months ago)

I refuse to argue with him anymore. It's like arguing with my 4 year old.

InvisibleMr. Kite
For The Benefit.
Male

Re: Alabama Man Dies In Jail After Being Arrested For Marijuana [Re: Dellik]
    #465932 - 08/23/10 02:05 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Dellik said:
Wow Kite, you might actually be the densest person ive encountered this... week. The reason why its in the headline is patently obvious. the point you are attempting to make, I think we all clearly see. Kind of like watching a toddler try to explain quantum physics. He(and obviously you) end up making no sense.  We understand your trying to say that the only reason marijuana is in the headline is to sensationalize the article, to get you attention. Its there simply because he was in jail, for a prolonged period of time that led to his death BECAUSE of nothing more then a joint.

Your point is a Non-point, it is invalid, because its based on a false assumption. And by insisting that your point is somehow mysteriously 'valid' but we just don't understand is making you seem more and more retarded by the post.

"A wise man keeps silent, and lets others think him a fool. a Fool opens his mouth and proves it for all to hear."[/quote]

You're quote is wrong.

--------------------

InvisibleFarBeyondDriven
Male User Gallery

#465964 - 08/23/10 03:01 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

:popcorn:

--------------------

OfflineLucid
Monster Plant Creator
Male User Gallery

Loc: Canada-ish. Flag
Re: Alabama Man Dies In Jail After Being Arrested For Marijuana [Re: Dellik]
    #466046 - 08/23/10 06:37 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Dellik said:

"A wise man keeps silent, and lets others think him a fool. a Fool opens his mouth and proves it for all to hear."

Owned.  just kill yourself now trip.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale, Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order