Home | Community | Message Board

Royal Queen Seeds Cannabis Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Invisibleblissedout
Mehtastic
Male

So, after looking at my facebook profile...
    #464903 - 08/21/10 05:17 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

I think it would be best to not be friends with my mom.

A little background first.

My parents are ultra right wing conservative christians(first baptists) and their views on weed are negative to say the least. Forget about other drugs! We had a rocky relationship throughout my teen years because I was not following their prescribed path of going to church and doing "right". I was a menace, to be honest. I did a lot of stupid things that I now regret and in the past 8 years we have started to mend our relationship with each other. They are very stuck in their ways and view the world like it should be the way it was in the '50s. There IS no changing their views.

Fast forward to today. I found out through my dad that my mom has a facebook account, so I looked her up. I instantly encountered a dilemma. I wanted to reach out to her and be her friend, but I thought about her perusing my account. So, I  go look through my account like I know she and my sister would(they are one and the same personality wise). I come upon the Alabama Chapter of NORML's posts on my wall and my own article links on marijuana arrests and such. I immediately think, "Hell no, I'm not letteing her see this!". All of the work that I have done to rebuild our timid relationship would be for naught if she saw that side of me. It is who I am, but I can't show that to them for fear of their instant judgement. She holds an iron grip over the decisions that are made in her house and my dad just goes along with it. It's infuriating!! I wish they could just accept me. All of me. This is bullshit!

:megacrankey:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineCosmicFool
Psychoholic
 User Gallery

Loc: 203 Flag
Re: So, after looking at my facebook profile... [Re: blissedout]
    #464912 - 08/21/10 05:35 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

I'm glad to see that having a relationship with your parents is important to you

I'm sorry they are close minded and can't accept you for who you are

--------------------

Offlinevolcomstoner
Just one more xanax
 User Gallery

Loc: Gaybec
    #464914 - 08/21/10 05:39 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

:lol: I have my mom added and my parents are pretty conservative. But, my mom was a huge cokehead/stoner in the 80's
So she kind of understands why I do drugs.(as long as I don't do hard drugs like LSD :facepalm: speed freaks :lol:)
I try not to hide who I am from her, at first she was pretty dissapointed when I was younger but now she accepts it and just wants me to be safe :shrug: I got pretty lucky with her.

my dad is a close-minded asshole who hates that I smoke weed. But realizes I'm an adult and I can make my own choices. But luckily he would never get a facebook account :lol: Not sure if i would add him ore not if he did.

Now If any of them would realize how responsible and educated I am about the drugs I do, things would be different. But i son't see that happening any time soon.

Now my grandma, Ultra conservative religeous fanatic (Mormon) tried adding me a couple times and I won't accept it :lol: She knows nothing about who I really am and I would like to keep it that way. Sometimes it's better for some people just not to know :shrug:

BTW, neither of my parents drink(like, ive never even seen them with alcohol in my life) But are addicted to tobacco.

--------------------

Vas donc jouer dans le traffic

Invisibleblissedout
Mehtastic
Male

Re: So, after looking at my facebook profile... [Re: volcomstoner]
    #464933 - 08/21/10 06:11 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Yeah, both of my parents used to smoke cigarettes in the 70s and 80s, but they quit long ago. My mom will have champagne on New Years, eggnog on Christmas, and the occasional glass of white wine. My dad never drinks. He used to drink beer, but that was before I was born mostly. He had a brother that died of asphyxiation from huffing paint when he was 16, so that was a big reason of his to reject all drugs. I'm serious, they are borderline manic about anything not related to the church and/or family. It works for them, I guess, but it really hinders our relationship from growing past a certain point. It's pretty frustrating, because I am 34 and I know that they know that I still smoke herb, but it's the elephant in the room, so to speak. If they could just accept that I am going to do what I do, then things would be soooooo much better.

InvisibleFurrowedBrowM
Free yourself from yourself
Male User Gallery

Loc: Carpal Tunnel
Re: So, after looking at my facebook profile... [Re: volcomstoner]
    #464935 - 08/21/10 06:12 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

I can sympathize with all this.  My parents dont do facebook and I won't be adding them for these reasons.  That is, unless i tell them about my infatuation with drugs and drug policy.  My mom cried soo hard when i woke her up at midnight to tell her that I had just been arrested for possession of pot (2 months after graduation).  It was a scene.  That was 9 years ago, last december I was back in town for a few days for xmas and i sit in my moms car and she freaks out, "HAVE YOU BEEN SMOKING POT?!!!!"  She proceeds to tell me that she smells it.  Anyway, I am tempted to just lay down a rant on freedom and drugs, but have controlled myself.  She, in particular, hates drugs.  When i was like 7 years old she told me to never lick a stamp cause it could be acid.  Talk about Nancy Reagon propaganda.  Anyway, sorry you guys have parents like my mom.

--------------------

Multidisciplinary Association for Psychedelic Studies - Become a member!
The Growery's Herb Museum (post #24)
I prefer dangerous freedom to peaceful slavery.
~ Thomas Jefferson ~

OfflineFRACTALife
Rust Fuckin' Cohle
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Carcosa Flag
    #464939 - 08/21/10 06:17 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

"A family is a place where minds come in contact with one another. If these minds love one another the home will be as beautiful as a flower garden. But if these minds get out of harmony with one another it is like a storm that plays havoc with the garden." -Buddha

After talking with my dad one night about drugs I definitely feel very great about our relationship and my relationship with psychoactive substances.

It is best to come out and be yourself, accept yourself and try to accept others and be together in harmony.

Maybe try and talk with her and tell her how you feel about marijuana and psychedelics not as a debate but as a conversation between two people who love each others.

I hope everything turns out beautiful.  :hug:

--------------------

Invisibleblissedout
Mehtastic
Male

Re: So, after looking at my facebook profile... [Re: FRACTALife]
    #464943 - 08/21/10 06:24 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

That may work with your family, but it will not work with mine. I have tried and tried. As much as I would love for them to understand, they just won't. We still love each other, though. That will never change.

Furrowed-Sounds like your mom and my mom should get together for tea sometime.:smirk:

OfflineFRACTALife
Rust Fuckin' Cohle
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #464946 - 08/21/10 06:26 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

blissedout said:
That may work with your family, but it will not work with mine. I have tried and tried. As much as I would love for them to understand, they just won't.

Furrowed-Sounds like your mom and my mom should get together for tea sometime.:smirk:

I love the breakfast club by the way. Nice avi. and that last line sounds like the guy from the breakfast club talking about their dad.

--------------------

Invisibleblissedout
Mehtastic
Male

#464948 - 08/21/10 06:28 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

I actually thought about that as I was typing it.:lol:

OfflineFRACTALife
Rust Fuckin' Cohle
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #464952 - 08/21/10 06:30 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

blissedout said:
I actually thought about that as I was typing it.:lol:

:hi5:

--------------------

Offlinewholesheet
Stranger
    #464963 - 08/21/10 06:37 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

I FEEL FOR YA MAN.. i take it ur in bama.. i know how it is here. a family relationship is important. just be yourself.. i always say killem with kindness. doens't really apply here but just be yourself..my family is very open and different than  this. u just gotta show them that isn't what your about, but its a part of u they will accept it..good luck

Invisibleblissedout
Mehtastic
Male

Re: So, after looking at my facebook profile... [Re: wholesheet]
    #464970 - 08/21/10 06:40 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Thanks man. Like I said, I am sure they suspect that I still smoke, but they are a lot happier if it remains unsaid.

OfflineFRACTALife
Rust Fuckin' Cohle
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: So, after looking at my facebook profile... [Re: FurrowedBrow]
    #464973 - 08/21/10 06:43 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

FurrowedBrow said:
I can sympathize with all this.  My parents dont do facebook and I won't be adding them for these reasons.  That is, unless i tell them about my infatuation with drugs and drug policy.  My mom cried soo hard when i woke her up at midnight to tell her that I had just been arrested for possession of pot (2 months after graduation).  It was a scene.  That was 9 years ago, last december I was back in town for a few days for xmas and i sit in my moms car and she freaks out, "HAVE YOU BEEN SMOKING POT?!!!!"  She proceeds to tell me that she smells it.  Anyway, I am tempted to just lay down a rant on freedom and drugs, but have controlled myself.  She, in particular, hates drugs.  When i was like 7 years old she told me to never lick a stamp cause it could be acid.  Talk about Nancy Reagon propaganda.  Anyway, sorry you guys have parents like my mom.

Sorry bro :hug:

Fuck nancy. :rockon:

--------------------

Offlinevolcomstoner
Just one more xanax
 User Gallery

Loc: Gaybec
    #464983 - 08/21/10 06:56 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

I think the big thing about my parents is they really arn't very religeous. I don't even know my dads view on religion, his life is all politics. My mother is catholic, she hasnt been to church quite a while and barely really tried making me go when I was a kid. I think it would be a lot harder for me to tell them my views of religion than my view of drugs.

I was really suprised when I heard my dad say he was for legalization of weed(my mom just agrees with him on everything political) The other day my parents were watching the news(fox news of course:facepalm:)and a guy on there said all drugs should be legal(:omgz: on fox news!!) My mom laughed out loud and said thats fucking crazy. I was really dissapointed.

My parents will probably always disagree with me on drugs, but maybe someday, when I can support myself financially. I'll tell them about my drug use and why I think it should be legal and they'll at least take me seriously.

--------------------

Vas donc jouer dans le traffic

Edited by volcomstoner (08/21/10 06:58 PM)

InvisibleFarBeyondDriven
Truthfully, I'm a bullshitter
Male User Gallery

Loc: Greenbow, Alabama
Re: So, after looking at my facebook profile... [Re: FurrowedBrow]
    #465233 - 08/21/10 11:52 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

FurrowedBrow said:

NEVER LICK A STAMP CUZ IT MIGHT BE ACID?!?!"?!?1

Wow, all I can really say.

--------------------

InvisibleiStoner
Astral Beast
Male

Re: So, after looking at my facebook profile... [Re: FarBeyondDriven]
    #465249 - 08/22/10 12:13 AM (13 years, 7 months ago)

i am going to be licking all the stamps i find just incase they are acid

--------------------

OfflineFRACTALife
Rust Fuckin' Cohle
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: So, after looking at my facebook profile... [Re: iStoner]
    #465254 - 08/22/10 12:22 AM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

iStoner said:
i am going to be licking all the stamps i find just incase they are acid

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom