Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleHendershot
Shapeshifter
Male User Gallery

A few questions..
    #458841 - 08/12/10 12:58 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

First, thank you all for helping out a first time grower..this site rocks!
My plant is 46"Hx34"Dia. She's in a 4 gallon bucket with lots of drainage holes. She's been suckin down about a gallon of water every other day. Is there any chance she could become rootbound? If so, will transplanting her to a larger container hurt her at this stage in the game?

Also, is it normal for the new growth to be yellow and spidery during this preflower phase?

And lastly, I dunno if you can tell from this pic, but some of the larger leaves are getting a wierd patterning, sort of yellowing between the veins.

Iknow I'm probably being paranoid, but like I said, first grow...

--------------------

"You're cool, you're cool, fuck you, I'm out.."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleHendershot
Shapeshifter
Male User Gallery

Re: A few questions.. [Re: Hendershot]
    #459090 - 08/12/10 10:14 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

bump

--------------------

InvisibleHendershot
Shapeshifter
Male User Gallery

#459222 - 08/13/10 04:23 AM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Helloooo ooo oo o..... anybody? Anybody at all..

--------------------

OfflineInbred_gimp
Herb Connesuir
Male User Gallery

Loc: Beyond the wall of sleep
    #459224 - 08/13/10 05:10 AM (13 years, 7 months ago)

I would check your pH level, it sounds like your plants need a bit of iron/sulphur  but that could be locked out by your soils pH. so i would check that before feeding her

when plants are in flowering they need more phosphorus and potassium also and less nitrogen than vegetative stage

that interveinal chlorosis you are describing is very characteristic of a lack of iron

your plant looks pretty nice dude dont sweat it, are you feeding her with anything at the moment?

i only think you should check pH as a precaution, you dont want to add iron/sulphur before checking it incase there is already plenty of iron/sulpher in there that your plant cant take up because of the soils acidity. you will most likey find that your plant just needs a feed and that your ph is fine though

:jah:

--------------------

OfflineSmOakland
Now with Grow!
Male User Gallery

Loc: Oaktown to NOLA
Re: A few questions.. [Re: Inbred_gimp]
    #459317 - 08/13/10 09:24 AM (13 years, 7 months ago)

That plant in 4 gallons?  You could probably get away with it but if you want a bigger plant, get a bigger pot.  You should just buy a freakin trash can cuz it looks like your plant is very well camouflaged in its environment.

InvisibleHendershot
Shapeshifter
Male User Gallery

Re: A few questions.. [Re: SmOakland]
    #459402 - 08/13/10 01:37 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Not feeding at the moment, just a gallon of distilled water every other day. Laid off the N, gonna wait until I see the first flowers and go to a 5-10-10 for a few weeks, then bump to a 0-50-10 for the remainder of the grow. Going to get a ph test kit tonite, thanks Inbred.
Actually Smoak, I've been checkin out Inverted's outdoor grow, and I may just dig a big hole and bring in fresh soil.. cuz I do want a bigger plant- she's the only one I have and I need enough smoke to get me and my wife through the winter.. shootin for 1/2 lb, is that realistic? She has 12 good size stalks and 8-10 potential bud sites before ya get to top of each one...
:dancer:

--------------------

OfflineInbred_gimp
Herb Connesuir
Male User Gallery

Re: A few questions [Re: Hendershot]
    #459559 - 08/13/10 07:38 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

The 5-10-10 sounds fine for early to mid way through flowering

For when you switch nutrients the 0-50-10 sounds like way to much P Though

I would aim for something with as low nitrogen as possible (in late flowering you want N to become slightly deficient as it affects taste) with  ~15-25 for the p and k level.

--------------------

InvisibleHendershot
Shapeshifter
Male User Gallery

Re: A few questions [Re: Inbred_gimp]
    #460231 - 08/14/10 06:28 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Okay sooo.. transplant complete.. ph is good. Looks like Icaught her just in time, as she was becoming rootbound.
I figure I'm gonna stick with the 5-10-10 thru the flowering, supplementing with triple phosphate(1 tspn per gal)after 5-6 weeks.. that should bring it up to around 5-30-10.. any feedback,as always, is appreciated..

--------------------

OfflineInbred_gimp
Herb Connesuir
Male User Gallery

#460452 - 08/14/10 11:21 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Sounds good man, she looks nice, she will appreciate that transplant :jah:

--------------------

OfflineSmOakland
Now with Grow!
Male User Gallery

Loc: Oaktown to NOLA
Re: A few questions [Re: Inbred_gimp]
    #460640 - 08/15/10 12:26 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

:thumbup:

InvisibleHendershot
Shapeshifter
Male User Gallery

Re: A few questions [Re: SmOakland]
    #468396 - 08/27/10 11:23 AM (13 years, 7 months ago)

I've been paying attention.. my plant has 8 or so side branches, which were all growing sraight up. Working off the principle of LST, I tied all her side branches down, exposing all the nodes to sunlight.

Seems to be working well; there are buds beginning at almost every potential budsite! :dancer:

Here's my concern:
Is that purple natural? This came from bagseed so I have no clue as to the genetics.. is it mold? nute burn? She's 8 days into flower, I started her on 5-30-10 at the first sign of flower.. too much too soon? The rest of her looks great..

--------------------

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #468822 - 08/28/10 05:58 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Seems to be working well; there are buds beginning at almost every potential budsite! :dancer:

That most likely would have happened without the lst also. What it's gonna do is give ya much bigger buds and much more dense buds at the bottom of the plant.

Next time start the lst in veg and then you will increase the number of budsites and you can also change the shape of the plants by bending them around making them harder to find.

Last but not least half the strings can be used for lst the others tied to hand grenades for those unwanted visitors. :happyweed:

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck