Home | Community | Message Board

High Mountain Gold Compost
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineThebooedocksaint
Dead Dictator
 User Gallery

Loc: Wild & Free
Well damn
    #458726 - 08/12/10 10:14 AM (13 years, 7 months ago)

I'm pissed at the obama administration for the second time in his president.

He be playa hating on Wikileak.

Hmm, apparently the "most transparent government" obama practically preached about is pissed off for having confidential documents unveiled.

:facepalm:

To anyone thinking that it endangers soldiers, I should mention i don' t care if they are in danger. In my opinion we have the right to know every thing the army does, abu ghraib is what can happen if we don't. Each and every soldier knows the risk they are taking when they join; if they are not willing to die, they should really re-think their their job choice. Because you shouldn't join the army if you don't accept the possibility of death.

:2cents:

I'll be around to debate back and forth for awhile, but remember the most important rule of persuasion. The most you can expect from someone with opposing views is to listen, don't expect my opinion to change.

Also don't worry about grammar to much, just make sure we can understand what you're saying.

--------------------
"Je pense, donc je suis (I am thinking, therefore I am)." -Rene Descartes

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineDungenessDank
Lord of the Flies

Loc: PNW
Re: Well damn [Re: Thebooedocksaint]
    #458729 - 08/12/10 10:20 AM (13 years, 7 months ago)

I support wikileaks 100%

I'm all for transparency in government and industry.

There is no way our soldiers could be in any more danger than they are currently in. These documents just show us the reality of the war, unfiltered by the government/media.

OfflineThebooedocksaint
Dead Dictator
 User Gallery

Re: Well damn [Re: DungenessDank]
    #458731 - 08/12/10 10:25 AM (13 years, 7 months ago)

I think the main issue is that people will learn who did what, and that they will be tracked down.

But idk I haven't looked very far into it. If through some freak accident he ends up being tried in The United States. I could very easily find my self protesting it.

--------------------

OfflineKilroy
old stoner
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Cold as Hell Flag
Re: Well damn [Re: DungenessDank] * 1
    #458747 - 08/12/10 10:48 AM (13 years, 7 months ago)

As a former soldier myself let just start by saying you have no idea what happens in war and does not get covered at all, because of what is called national security. For this very reason some soldiers can not get the help they need because the VA wants you to give details about what it was that messed you up, but the military makes you sign some papers that say if you talk about certain incidents that have not been declassified you will possibly go to Leavenworth prison. Now on to the topic.

The press should cover everything better and honestly. I do not believe info like when we about to attack a place and when should get out because the element of surprise will help the soldier chances greatly for survival. Maybe if the people knew what was really going on they would make the government bring our soldiers home that is the way to really support our troops, bring them home safe so they can be with their families.

--------------------
Just smoke a bowl and get over your self
We are human beings first everything else is second

You can not hold anything I post against me for I am delusional

OfflineDungenessDank
Lord of the Flies

Loc: PNW
Re: Well damn [Re: Kilroy]
    #458752 - 08/12/10 10:52 AM (13 years, 7 months ago)

:thumbup: I believe they have done more than their jobs as soldiers.

OfflineThebooedocksaint
Dead Dictator
 User Gallery

Re: Well damn [Re: Kilroy]
    #458885 - 08/12/10 01:56 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

WARNING I'M HIGH

Quote:

Kilroy said:
As a former soldier myself let just start by saying you have no idea what happens in war and does not get covered at all, because of what is called national security. For this very reason some soldiers can not get the help they need because the VA wants you to give details about what it was that messed you up, but the military makes you sign some papers that say if you talk about certain incidents that have not been declassified you will possibly go to Leavenworth prison. Now on to the topic.

The press should cover everything better and honestly. I do not believe info like when we about to attack a place and when should get out because the element of surprise will help the soldier chances greatly for survival. Maybe if the people knew what was really going on they would make the government bring our soldiers home that is the way to really support our troops, bring them home safe so they can be with their families.

Yea, but I'm saying personally I don't think anything should be classified. National security or not, allowing censorship allows atrocities to happen. Censorship allows to much harm to ever be allowed, for noble intent or not. As the taxpaying citizens of this nation we have the right to know what goes on (I'm cool with stuff being classified for short terms though, as long as they themselves set an expiration date of some kind on it. I'm not certain if that would ever work, but that is pretty much the only way I could be ok with it).

But I agree, bring our ninjas home yo. We wont ever be able to stop terrorism worldwide, at least not at the level of technological advancement we are. We need to focus on two things, national security and secure borders. The threat from inside our borders will always be here, home grown terrorists happen. But if we make sure we know exactly when and where people are coming into this country, and who they are. We can at least stop the threat of terrorists sneaking in through out borders, as well as the threat of drug cartels sneaking drugs over the border (did I really just say that).

--------------------

OfflineKilroy
old stoner
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Cold as Hell Flag
Re: Well damn [Re: Thebooedocksaint]
    #458922 - 08/12/10 03:40 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

No I was just telling you what we were and probably still are made to sign when we come from a combat area and it is all in the name of National Security, I am not agreeing with this policy. This policy is why the soldiers who told the Tillman family what really happened are  possibly facing charges. Friendly fire(and I always hated that saying) incidents are kept quiet, then there is the friendly civilians incidents that never come to light. Most of the time if a soldier even puts stuff like that in his daily report he gets yelled at and told to rewrite it and if he sticks to his guns on wanting to report it he will be transferred to some where else, and just from a personal aspect when you leave your brothers in arms behind it is like leaving family behind to stay in harms way while you go somewhere safe. Other than things that will endanger our soldiers(like I said time and places of raids) then yes people should know just how ugly war really is and how many civilians get killed by everyone.

PLZ Obama do what you said you were going to do and bring our troops home, enough is enough of these BS wars

--------------------
Just smoke a bowl and get over your self
We are human beings first everything else is second

You can not hold anything I post against me for I am delusional

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom