Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleThedirtynasty
Male User Gallery

Severe nute burn, pics.
    #448346 - 07/19/10 11:47 AM (13 years, 8 months ago)

I turned this into this.

Extreme nute burn and I think way to much heat, I flushed it yesterday and its doing a little bit better but I dont think she's going to make a comeback.

The reason I didnt post this in doctors diagnosis is because im almost 100% sure I know what I did wrong and know what to do to attempt to fix it.

My ? is will this plant even be able to bud after I fucking torched it like this.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineKaptKid
Spaced Pirate
Male User Gallery

Loc: Bright Side of the Sun
Re: Severe nute burn, pics. [Re: Thedirtynasty]
    #448352 - 07/19/10 11:55 AM (13 years, 8 months ago)

MJ is a very strong plant.

Will bud if it doesn't get burned anymore.

Good Luck

--------------------
Child of the 60's, Tripping ever sence.

InvisibleThedirtynasty
Male User Gallery

#448354 - 07/19/10 12:01 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Thanks, Its my first time growing and when I got my nutes it had a slight N deficiency.

So I went way overboard with the nutes, and every time it started to show problems I just thought "Its showing more deficiencies so I better give it some more nutes."  :facepalm3:

Im a idiot, but its good to know Ill get something out of this.

Offlinegrod31
Ranger
 User Gallery

#448363 - 07/19/10 01:22 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

it also looks over watered
do you check your ph ?"

--------------------
DO NOT USE mushmagic.com- THEY LIE AND SELL DRUGS TO CHILDREN :thumbdown:
--------------------------------------------------
Back the tape up.  I need it again!
Let it roll!  Just as high as the fucker can go! 
And when it comes to that fantastic note
where the rabbit bites its own head off,
I want you to THROW THAT FUCKING
RADIO INTO THE TUB WITH ME!
    Not me.  It would blast you through
the wall stone dead in ten seconds and they'd make me explain.

InvisibleThedirtynasty
Male User Gallery

Re: Severe nute burn, pics. [Re: grod31]
    #448367 - 07/19/10 01:37 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Im pretty sure I was on a good watering schedule, it didnt look droopy like that until about 2 days ago.

Its leaves where standing up fine and looked somewhat healthy with the exception of the nute burn that I was mistaking for nutrient deficiencies, then I woke up and the thing just looked like it was fucked, It was really bad looking the leaves just starting sucking back in and dying.

It hasn't even been a full day since I flushed, and this actually looks way better then it did.

I know how important it is to check PH but I haven't even bought a meter yet, Ive been using bottled water though.

Edited by Thedirtynasty (07/19/10 01:40 PM)

Invisiblemaryanne3087
Stranger
Trusted Cultivator
    #448379 - 07/19/10 02:48 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

You don't need a meter for checking pH you can get pH strips (lithmus strips) or a drop test kit for under $10 these are fairly accurate assuming you're not color blind.

I'm nearly certain your plant will make a comeback as I've seen FAR worse recover. Make sure you flush until you're certain the plant has recovered then feed diluted nutrients 1/4 strength until you know for certain the plant is hungry for more.

OfflineBlackstatis
Stranger

Re: Severe nute burn, pics. [Re: maryanne3087]
    #448413 - 07/19/10 03:13 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

ph isn't just important to check.  its fucking important. 

to high or low and your plant will not get the proper nutes. before you add any more nutes to your already sad little guy, go get strips or a tester and test the run off.  you are going to have to start back at square one to figure out whats really going on.  and you might want to start looking for a much, much bigger pot.

Offlinefungi
 User Gallery

Loc: Silicon Sizzle, CA USA Flag
Re: Severe nute burn, pics. [Re: Blackstatis]
    #448417 - 07/19/10 03:15 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Looks more like heat to me. Nute burn is obviously at the end of the leaves typically. I use tap and filtered water from the water store; my plants like both.

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Severe nute burn, pics. [Re: fungi]
    #448446 - 07/19/10 05:03 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

I disagree, the "ram's horn" appearance of the top of the plant coupled with the curling under of the leaves + leaf discoloration/necrosis all point to nutrient toxicity.  The plant was already suffering problems before it reached the state it's in now, take a look at the first pic and you'll see the same curling on the top of the plant (not as severe as it is now).  At that point in time, in the first pic, the plant was already overloaded and on it's way to problem city.

I'd flush, hold off on nutes for a bit, and give it a week or two before you throw it into flowering (if you were thinking about doing it that is).  You should let your plant recover and thrive a little bit before you dump it into flowering.  If you locked out P+K with excessive N (or any other reason), you'd be in for a world of disappointment if you flowered.

--------------------

MFDoom666: sobriety kills my buzz every time.

Invisiblestarrider

Re: Severe nute burn, pics. [Re: coda]
    #453241 - 07/30/10 05:45 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

I tried to grow in soil for my first grow. It's amazing that my plant turned out like yours. My plant died. So I decided to turn to hydroponics. My plants are doing very well. A lot easier if you ask me.

--------------------
"If the doors of perception were cleansed every thing would appear to man as it is, infinite."

William Blake

Anything  I write is a lie. Any picture I post is a fake. I only write for entertainment.

Offlinelb.killer
Stranger

Re: Severe nute burn, pics. [Re: starrider]
    #454122 - 08/01/10 09:41 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

wow thats fuked

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds