Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisiblemaryanne3087
Stranger
Trusted Cultivator
Gravity, Bushmaster, and Snowstorm.
    #442142 - 07/05/10 10:45 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Hello folks,

I've been considering trying these out for a little while now it seems like they're proven to work and that a lot of growers on this forum have tried the products.

BUSHMASTER:
I saw a thread of Harry's and it really seemed that his application of Bushmaster fattened his buds up more than usual.

I saw a post by Magash saying not to feed nutrients and to do a low dosage of Bushmaster and not to exceed application for more than a few days I think I'm going to do a single feeding or two followed by a flush as directed assuming I purchase these products.

Upon some searching I found a post on another forum (many actually) saying that Bushmaster, Superbud, and Phosphoload all use phyto growth regulators. I have also heard the plants take a beating in terms of floral quality.

I've heard from many people that this knocks a week or two off of flowering time? Is this claim true?

Gravity:
This product has also been approved by Magash who seems to have the best understanding of modern nutrients and such.

Advertisement "
Gravity fills out flower clusters and increases total flower mass without interfering with flower scent and color. Just apply it once about three weeks before finish for results than can’t be duplicated by any other product. Watch as flowers become denser and tighter than ever before. "

Application is 1-2 times in last 3 weeks flowering to be treated like Bushmaster.

Snowstorm:

Advertisement: Snow Storm consists of a unique combination of organic compounds that would not only encourage plants to "stack" their flowering sites closer together during early flower development but would also stimulate increased resin development later. Plus, it would increase the girth of primary flowers, add mass and stimulate extreme crystallization in resin producing plants. "

Warning: Don't use an aerator and if using hydroponics it should be used the day before reservoir change. (Quoting description)

________--
So guys, does this all work well? The Snowstorm seems like it would be up my alley for anything who doesn't like resin?

I think Bushmaster would be interesting to see in action. I've heard stories of people growing 50+ OG kushes under one light using Bushmaster to keep them short.

I was reading a hightimes article by the infamous Chemdog and he said part of his arsenal is a single dosage of Bushmaster in the second week of flowering he says it knocks a week or two off of flowering, is this true? He claims he harvested his plants at day 56 and most of them are 70day finishers.

Any positive or negative feedback on these products would be greatly appreciated :smile:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblejuke adro
I hate fat vaginas
 User Gallery

Loc: Québec
Re: Gravity, Bushmaster, and Snowstorm. [Re: maryanne3087]
    #442222 - 07/06/10 06:31 AM (13 years, 8 months ago)

You're best off ringing the guy who actually put the PGR's in the bottles and threaten him to label them and g per/l as such or your going to stab him in the face and sue him... using them is purely retarded because only at perfect dose can maximum yield be achieved and you dont know how much to use because hes a liar and fucktard... so you all who use them follow his instructions and have a decreased yield try your own ways and still have a decreased yield but the weed is dense so you think its good but in actual fact if you done a side by side with identical clones you would see that without perfect dosage you get retarded growths regardless of what you try and tell me....

That being said here is what is in them

Snow storm: Tricontinol

Bushmaster Chlormequat

Gravity Paclobutrazol

I have posted on the 2 PLANT GROWTH REGULATORS before see here

--------------------

I eat animals and most things that live in the sea, I'm not green but I smoke it and I litter to keep cunts like you in a job so fuck off.

OfflineDieselB
High Watt Closet
Male

Re: Gravity, Bushmaster, and Snowstorm. [Re: juke adro]
    #442274 - 07/06/10 09:36 AM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Damn, Juke, you startin' to scare me now.. (especially on that other thread) I used a small amount of Bushmaster at the start of flowering to control stretch, did a damn fine job of it too. I used so little I decided not to flush them. Hopefully the flush in about two weeks for pre-harvest will wash out anything thats left..

I have smoked a couple buds off the plants without a flush though, and the little lady had some too, and we didn't get sick, so who knows.

--------------------
If you ain't smokin' dro, you're smokin' reggie. :shrug:

Invisiblemaryanne3087
Stranger
Trusted Cultivator
    #442287 - 07/06/10 10:17 AM (13 years, 8 months ago)

It's interesting you say you need a perfect dose as people like DieselB have used 1/10th the recommended dose of Bushmaster and get good results. This just doesn't sound like an exact dose that's for example 90-900 micrograms/L

Just so we're talking about the same thing this is what I read.

http://www.integralhydro.com/plantgrowthregulators.html

OfflineTektonic
dont panic, it's organic

Folding@home Statistics
    #442378 - 07/06/10 12:28 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

yea, i've heard fucked up stories from a grow shop owner, he tells everyone not to buy them/they change your plant,
but carries them for the ppl he can't pursuade

i like going 80%+ organic, no training, no topping, so plant growth regulators no thanks, but i'm kinda bias towards au natural

i'm sure if used properly they can do stuff to the plant that's not just negative
but they seem more like specialty ingredients, to achieve certain things
not really like a molasses, calmag, or bloom nutes, which should be used for all grows

hope that makes sense

i personally think new bee's should grow basic to get the hang of plant life: just basic nutes, calmag, molasses, budswell, and bloom booster, you'll be very surprised with the results

imho, specialty products should be used after you have worthy experiance with the basics, the experianced growers on this site that use PGR's understand the entire process of a grow, and know what it takes to get super nugs w/o PGR's
to use them before atleast 4 harvests experiance, imo, would be confusing as hell, you'd be totally guessing when it came to what is "supposed" to happen

but i'm hella bias and baked :jah:

--------------------
Legal & Compliant with local & state regulations.

Daily Tzolkin

:peace: :heart: :earth:

"If triangles' had a God, he would have 3 sides."

InvisibleHarry_Ba11sachM
cannoisseur
 User Gallery

Loc: Nepal Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #442382 - 07/06/10 12:45 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

I just wanted to add here that I used GRAVITY, not Bushmaster

--------------------

Invisiblemaryanne3087
Stranger
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Gravity, Bushmaster, and Snowstorm. [Re: Tektonic]
    #442383 - 07/06/10 12:46 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Change your plant in what way? As they're labeled plant growth regulators I believe I'd expect them to do just that.

Invisiblemaryanne3087
Stranger
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Gravity, Bushmaster, and Snowstorm. [Re: Harry_Ba11sach]
    #442385 - 07/06/10 12:47 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Harry_Ba11sach said:
I just wanted to add here that I used GRAVITY, not Bushmaster

That is a very important piece of information.

InvisibleHarry_Ba11sachM
cannoisseur
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #442409 - 07/06/10 01:24 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

I thought so too :wink:

Gravity is used for bulking up the buds, and bushmaster is used for reducing internodal stretch during the onset of flowering.

Oh, and I use snowstorm ultra also and can't believe how freaking awesome it works (increases trich production)

--------------------

Invisiblemaryanne3087
Stranger
Trusted Cultivator
    #442414 - 07/06/10 01:25 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Any comparison pics?

Offlinekyuzo
Stranger Than Fiction

#442427 - 07/06/10 01:33 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

So are the directions on these products vague, or are the complications coming from people being dumb asses and lacking the initiative to actually read the directions?

Invisiblemaryanne3087
Stranger
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Gravity, Bushmaster, and Snowstorm. [Re: kyuzo]
    #442432 - 07/06/10 01:39 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

For hydroponics it says to apply bushmaster at 3-5ml/gal when I hear that most people apply it at 1-2ml per gal in hydro because of the risk of burning plants.

In soil the directions say 10ml/gal for a single or double dose for lankier/stretchier plants. Keep in mind this is for soil so two feedings could be like a week of water especially when considering the fact that it's recommended to raise your lights. I hear good experiences with using 2-3ml/gal in soil, coco, or peat.

As for the light raising I think that's for both the Gravity and the Bushmaster, along with cutting or reducing nutrients.

Haven't heard as much about the Snow Storm, I'll report back when I read more reports.

InvisibleStonethM
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
Male User Gallery

Loc: No where ville, USA Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #442453 - 07/06/10 02:52 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Bushmaster will stop all upward growth and can reduce flowering time when used early.  I just harvested the plants I used it on, at day 44.

Gravity as Harry said makes buds dense as fuck.  I like using it around week 5 and again in week 7.

Both can burn the shit out of your plants if to much is used.  Raising lights is highly recommended as well for both. 

Snowstorm Ultra is great and Harry covered that well enough for me.

InvisibleHarry_Ba11sachM
cannoisseur
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Gravity, Bushmaster, and Snowstorm. [Re: Stoneth]
    #442458 - 07/06/10 03:02 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Hey Stoney, I've heard some people say that although bushmaster reduces flowering time by removing the stretch phase that then the buds aren't as potent or as full as they would be with the full flowering time. Have you seen any truth to that? The people who claimed it were pretty n00bish so I'd like a more professional opinion before writing that product off entirely

--------------------

Invisiblemaryanne3087
Stranger
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Gravity, Bushmaster, and Snowstorm. [Re: Stoneth]
    #442459 - 07/06/10 03:02 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

What dosages do you use?

Are you using hydro or soil? Recovery/recirculating or drain to waste?

Invisiblemaryanne3087
Stranger
Trusted Cultivator
    #442460 - 07/06/10 03:03 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Harry_Ba11sach said:
Hey Stoney, I've heard some people say that although bushmaster reduces flowering time by removing the stretch phase that then the buds aren't as potent or as full as they would be with the full flowering time. Have you seen any truth to that? The people who claimed it were pretty n00bish so I'd like a more professional opinion before writing that product off entirely

Chemdog who had a hightimes article recently claims he knocks 1-2 weeks off his plants harvesting on day 56 when normally they come down at 70+days with a single dosage of Bushmaster.

InvisibleHarry_Ba11sachM
cannoisseur
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #442461 - 07/06/10 03:05 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

well yes, it's a very well known fact that it can knock a week or two off the flowering time. My question is whether or not that affects the end product because in my experience and observations every single day of the flowering period is productive

--------------------

OfflineRasJeph
Psycho Pete
Male

Loc: Bumfuckt Egypt
    #442489 - 07/06/10 04:28 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

I have both gravity and snowstorm. They both made a very noticeable difference in my plants...although, the plants I used them on were auto-flowers, which tend to be not-so-stable AFAIK.

However, I used the gravity for 2 consecutive waterings, 3 weeks prior to harvest like the bottle suggested. My buds certainly swelled up considerably in that amount of time. It didn't make them any more dense, but it made them larger for sure.

--------------------
Of course it's happening inside your head.
Why should that mean it isn't real?

Invisiblemaryanne3087
Stranger
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Gravity, Bushmaster, and Snowstorm. [Re: RasJeph]
    #442492 - 07/06/10 04:32 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Looks like this stuff is the real deal. I'm still concerned about application rates.

InvisibleStonethM
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
Male User Gallery

Loc: No where ville, USA Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #442496 - 07/06/10 04:39 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Harry_Ba11sach said:

It seemed to hurt my yields more than potency.  I may have used to much or way to early tho, so I don't blame the product yet.
Quote:

maryanne3087 said:
What dosages do you use?

Are you using hydro or soil? Recovery/recirculating or drain to waste?

I use hydro, ebb & flow to be exact.  I use 2 ml per gallon of both products when used.  I also use them alone for 2 days followed by a flush.  Depending on the out come of the next harvest, I may have a bottle of Bushmaster to give away.  We'll see in about 6 weeks.

As for Snowstorm I use all the way thru at about 1 to 5 mls per gallon.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder