Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offline2Cents
Male

Loc: WA
Purple D4nk?
    #441279 - 07/02/10 11:08 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

I am currently growing a beautiful White Rhino I got from a UK seed distributor and recently just planted 3 seeds of "Purple Rhino" from the same company, just to test if it is really that different(other than color obviously).

I have always been told that purple is better and Iv smoked good purp more than a few times and I am not really buying that its so much better than your quality green bud.

Everyone so crazy about purple saying its the shit but I wanna know what the Growery thinks.

--------------------
I had two bowls for breakfest one was cereal. Long live the Growery!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleHawksresurrection
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Purple D4nk? [Re: 2Cents]
    #441297 - 07/02/10 11:52 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

It's purple, people like that it's purple.  But it is in no way better than other good quality bud.

--------------------
Dude she isn't as young as she use to be.

-niteowl

Offline2Cents
Male

Loc: WA
Re: Purple D4nk? [Re: Hawksresurrection]
    #441298 - 07/03/10 12:02 AM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

hawksapprentice said:
It's purple, people like that it's purple.  But it is in no way better than other good quality bud.

thats what I figured

--------------------
I had two bowls for breakfest one was cereal. Long live the Growery!

Offlinekickin-two-hundo
|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅| ♪♫♪♫♪♫
Male User Gallery

Loc: afghanistan
Re: Purple D4nk? [Re: 2Cents]
    #441309 - 07/03/10 01:17 AM (13 years, 8 months ago)

lol dur da dur

--------------------
The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time.

anything and everything i post on here is completely fictional and come straight from the deepest depths of the black hole which is my mind.

Invisiblemhbound
Ballin out at all cost
Male User Gallery

Loc: High Flag
Re: Purple D4nk? [Re: kickin-two-hundo]
    #441385 - 07/03/10 09:31 AM (13 years, 8 months ago)

the purple color can com from temperature, nutrient deficiencies whether it be too much or too little

ummmmmmmmmm

im sure others but those are the 2 i always say first. i purposely will turn mine in the cold to try to bring out the purple in some plants

im gay as well

--------------------
Suck my balls America

Invisiblejuke adro
I hate fat vaginas
 User Gallery

Loc: Québec
Re: Purple D4nk? [Re: mhbound]
    #441544 - 07/03/10 01:35 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

mhbound said:

im gay as well

:gayfish:

--------------------

I eat animals and most things that live in the sea, I'm not green but I smoke it and I litter to keep cunts like you in a job so fuck off.

Offlinekickin-two-hundo
|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅| ♪♫♪♫♪♫
Male User Gallery

Loc: afghanistan
Re: Purple D4nk? [Re: juke adro]
    #441594 - 07/03/10 04:17 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

faggots :fuckyou:

--------------------
The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time.

anything and everything i post on here is completely fictional and come straight from the deepest depths of the black hole which is my mind.

Invisiblemaryanne3087
Stranger
Trusted Cultivator
    #441659 - 07/03/10 07:01 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

mhbound said:
the purple color can com from temperature, nutrient deficiencies whether it be too much or too little

ummmmmmmmmm

im sure others but those are the 2 i always say first. i purposely will turn mine in the cold to try to bring out the purple in some plants

im gay as well

Come harvest you want deficiencies as that's the idea of a flush. Deficiencies aren't either too much or too little of a nutrient, as too much is the opposite of deficient. Plants which are nutrient deficient at harvest time are showing their true colors IMO.

Invisiblemhbound
Ballin out at all cost
Male User Gallery

Loc: High Flag
Re: Purple D4nk? [Re: maryanne3087]
    #441667 - 07/03/10 07:12 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

I can turn any plant purple at least somewhat.

Plus why would you pick out little things like deficiencies arent too much or too little...

I think he got the point. And I got mine across.

And flushing at the end...I'll say you are right but its only for the last 7 days give or take depending how you do it...Thats not enough time to turn a plant purple; enough time to show the fan leaves falling and turning yellow? sure, but you won't see any purple pop out in 7 days.

Anyway, agree to disagree. Like I said

I'm gay

--------------------
Suck my balls America

Invisiblemaryanne3087
Stranger
Trusted Cultivator
    #441682 - 07/03/10 08:40 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

mhbound said:

Plus why would you pick out little things like deficiencies arent too much or too little...

And flushing at the end...I'll say you are right but its only for the last 7 days give or take depending how you do it...Thats not enough time to turn a plant purple; enough time to show the fan leaves falling and turning yellow? sure, but you won't see any purple pop out in 7 days.

Deficiencies are always a lack of. The plant has unsufficient amounts of Nitrogen for example. I don't even know exactly what you're trying to say so I choose to clarify. I personally don't think the confusion of a deficiency and over fertilization is a "little thing" that's like saying dog shit mistaken for salt is a "little thing".

Many people flush for more than 7 days and even at 7 days that could be enough to make your plant turn purple. How heavily or lightly you feed prior to the flush has a great impact on how quickly your plants will show signs of flushing. If you feed lightly enough you will get deficiencies which is the same thing as flushing.

I don't know why you bring up a 7 day flush isn't sufficient to bring out purple hues as regardless of wether or not you're intentionally flushing the hues come from deficiency either way.

InvisibleHawksresurrection
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Purple D4nk? [Re: maryanne3087]
    #441760 - 07/04/10 11:18 AM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Exposing them to cold/depriving them of nutrients is not the only factor in purple here.  Some strains are genetically predisposed to be purple regardless of the temp etc.

--------------------
Dude she isn't as young as she use to be.

-niteowl

Invisiblemaryanne3087
Stranger
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Purple D4nk? [Re: Hawksresurrection]
    #441775 - 07/04/10 11:56 AM (13 years, 8 months ago)

I was simply stating that deficiencies shouldn't be considered a source for artificial pigmentation as flushing is necessary for superior product and for that reason well flushed pot is showing it's true colours, the hungrier come harvest the better.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag