Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineOverAgain
Stranger

What to do
    #438497 - 06/27/10 12:51 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

So I have 2 plants in a pot. I transfered them into a 5 gal bucket. They are about 4-5 inch high and they are about an inch away from each other. The smallest one is turning alittle yellow. I know I prob should have placed them in different buckets but didnt know how much there roots spread...is it possible to still put them in different buckets or just take the one thats already dying and just pull it out.

when I put them into the 5 gal I think I took a little to long to move them and it stressed them out a little bit but they are starting to look better.

reason for 2 seeds in one was I lost myself and had planted 2 in the same:stoned:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offline81renaissance
Coachella '13 KKOTY
Male

Loc: State of Mind Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: What to do [Re: OverAgain]
    #438505 - 06/27/10 01:11 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

Don't transplant again so soon, you need to see if your seedling will recover first.

Your plants are way too small to be in a container that size, so you'll need to be VERY careful about how much you water or you'll drown them.  Just keep going forward for now until you see how the sick plant responds.

--------------------
"So it goes."
-Kurt Vonnegut

BlueBerry_Swisher said:I want French fries. No, I want a penis French. Thank you. I'm so excited. I can not contain myself. Now I eat chocolate. It is so good. I'm trying to rub it all over myself. And then lick. Now I need a hot shower. The end.

OfflineOverAgain
Stranger

Re: What to do [Re: 81renaissance]
    #438536 - 06/27/10 03:34 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

Yea...All I had to start with was little 3" plant containers. I moved them because I didnt want the plants to kill each other in that small container

InvisibleInverted
CNC Machinist/Greenthumb
Male User Gallery

Loc: North Star Flag
    #438644 - 06/27/10 09:34 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

:lol:

Yeah except a 3" container is perfect for the first couple weeks...

You want to have as much control over the moisture content of the medium as possible and the smaller the container the more control you have because it will dry out much faster and you can always add moisture to soil easily but you cannot magically evaporate off 3 gallons of water in 24 hours, it just doesn't happen.  You are begging for root rot.  My advice is to get a good circulation fan on that soil surface if you already soaked it, and maybe put more drain holes in the bottom and like 1 inch up the side from the bottom to help get more oxygen into the soil.

--------------------
Don't criticize what you can't understand

OfflineOverAgain
Stranger

#438985 - 06/28/10 05:12 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

Ok lol...I put them into a bigger pot because I didnt know I put 2 seeds in the pot :facepalm3: I messure the water very carefully. I have to pay attention to them alot more but so far they are looking pretty good. The left one is some yellow but it seems to going away.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale