Home | Community | Message Board

Royal Queen Seeds Cannabis Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinenomad
Stranger
Growing in the UK
    #429181 - 06/05/10 05:36 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

I have been thinking lately about growing a few plants in a small outdoor grow op but I have a few questions;

Is it too late to start growing now?
Would it be too cold in the UK? (west near Liverpool)
Would I need a particular, hardy strain of weed for this grow?
How much could one plant yield?

Cheers.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineSmOakland
Now with Grow!
Male User Gallery

Loc: Oaktown to NOLA
Re: Growing in the UK [Re: nomad]
    #429191 - 06/05/10 06:29 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Greetings from across the pond and continent.  It is not too late to start growing now.  It will not be to cold if you have a spot that gets at least 4 hours of direct sunlight a day for the next 3 or so months.  In terms of strain, you could ask other local growers what they use.  I would recommend just trying to flower a few bagseeds if this is your first grow.  Many people find good genetics in their bags.  With cannabis, you can yield between 0.1-4,000 grams per plant depending on many factors.

Offlinenomad
Stranger
Re: Growing in the UK [Re: SmOakland]
    #429379 - 06/06/10 03:14 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Cool, thanks. I think I have one or two spots that should do the job so, but I reckon the temperatures will be a good bit cooler in three months time, maybe it would have been better to start earlier.

However, I will hopefully endevor to grow my first plant in the next few weeks.

Unfortunately, I don't know any local growers. When you say bag seeds do you mean seeds actually found in a bag of weed, or miscellaneous seeds?

Also, is it unusual/difficult to grow in this climate? I haven't heard of many outdoor grow ops in the UK.

OfflineSmOakland
Now with Grow!
Male User Gallery

#429383 - 06/06/10 03:24 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

I don't know about your climate.  Answer me this: if you planted tomatoes in your yard when would they stop producing?  Maybe you have never planted tomatoes...
And yes "bagseed" is a seed acquired from a bag of purchased weed.  If you smoke chronic weed that only has maybe a couple seeds per ounce, chances are the seed was produced by a plant that hermed so it will be female (but might have a tendency to become a hermaphrodite).  If you look in grow journals section of this site you can see many successful harvests from bagseed.

Offlinenomad
Stranger
Re: Growing in the UK [Re: SmOakland]
    #429388 - 06/06/10 03:32 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Ok, in that case I've never came across bagseed before. I guess I'll opt for a resilient, tough strain. I don't mind buying seeds.

No, Ive never grown tomatoes outside and I doubt they would do too well because I know of people who do grow tomatoes, but in a greenhouse.

I would like to experiment growing outdoors still though. Indoors isn't really an option for me however.

OfflineSmOakland
Now with Grow!
Male User Gallery

#429391 - 06/06/10 03:39 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Do some research about what climate zone you are in.  If you are going to buy seeds you may want to consider buying a strain that has "Early" in the name or something that "Autoflowers" if you think that you have a short growing season.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies