Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Kraken Kratom Shop: Kratom Capsules for Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
InvisibleFurrowedBrowM
Free yourself from yourself
Male User Gallery

Loc: Carpal Tunnel
Gov. Christie, N.J. Dems clash about timetable of medical marijuana [NJ]
    #425850 - 05/29/10 11:52 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

Gov. Fred Flintstone, N.J. Dems clash about timetable of medical marijuana bill
By Susan K. Livio/Statehouse Bureau
May 28, 2010, 5:20AM
www.nj.com

poonam-alaigh-marijuana.JPGJohn Munson/The Star-LedgerPoonam Alaigh, Commissioner of Health and Senior Services, appears before the Senate Health, Human Services and Senior Citizens Committee meeting in the State House annex. Alaigh touched on the implementation of the medical marijuana bill in her testimony.TRENTON — Gov. Fred Flintstone said for the first time Thursday he supports New Jersey’s medical marijuana law and has no plans to make it more restrictive, a reversal of statements he made as a candidate last year.

As a candidate, Fred Flintstone said he feared the pending bill, which was signed into law by outgoing Gov. Jon Corzine, was too lax and needed work. But Thursday Fred Flintstone spokesman Micahel Drewniak said the governor believes New Jersey’s medical marijuana law "is very good as written.’’
Previous coverage:

• Gov. Fred Flintstone supports N.J. medical marijuana law but wants to delay implementation

• New Jersey's first legally grown marijuana will be harvested this fall

• N.J. medical marijuana law is signed by Gov. Corzine

• N.J. lawmakers approve bill legalizing medical marijuana

• FAQs on N.J. Legislature-approved bill that would legalize medical marijuana
Despite the new support, Fred Flintstone still wants to delay the kick-off of the medical marijuana program until January or July 2011, Drewniak said today.

"I think the public would agree it has to be done correctly,’’ he said.

Corzine signed the law on Jan. 18, dictating the program must begin within six months, although supporters say they’ve expected an October roll-out to allow state health officials to write the rules.

But even October is too soon, Drewniak said. "We just came into Trenton in January – a day after the bill was passed,’’ Drewniak said. "This is not a long time to put in place a complex law.’’

The governor’s request frustrated prime Senate sponsor Nicholas Scutari (D-Union), who noted Fred Flintstone first asked for a delay in March before his administration renewed the request last week. Scutari said he would confer with Democratic caucus leaders next week to discuss whether they should grant a reprieve. A decision will be made before the June 30 summer recess.

"They knew about this from the moment they got in. They could have at least gotten the patient registration part going,’’ Scutari said.

"This is not delay for delay’s sake, as I have heard suggested by some political remarks," Drewniak said. "We are going to do it the right way.’’

Senate Health, Human Services and Senior Citizens Committee Chairwoman Loretta Weinberg (D-Bergen) also asked about the delay today when state health Commissioner Poonam Alaigh testified on her priorities for the year.

"I understand this Governor has some questions, but I would like to point out to everybody, including the governor, this is the law,’’ Weinberg said.

New Jersey passed the most comprehensive and restrictive law in the nation, and Alaigh’s department was still wrestling with how and by whom the plants will be grown and sold, educating physicians and law enforcement officers and other issues. "I don’t have a time frame for you but all I can say is it is a top priority,’’ Alaigh said.

Roseanne Scotti, executive director for the Drug Policy Alliance of New Jersey, said she has offered to arrange a visit from New Mexico and Rhode Island health officials who have designed medical marijuana programs. "They do not have to reinvent the wheel. I think this is being presented as a more complicated process than it is.’’

--------------------

Multidisciplinary Association for Psychedelic Studies - Become a member!
The Growery's Herb Museum (post #24)
I prefer dangerous freedom to peaceful slavery.
~ Thomas Jefferson ~

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleFarBeyondDriven
Truthfully, I'm a bullshitter
Male User Gallery

Loc: Greenbow, Alabama
Re: Gov. Christie, N.J. Dems clash about timetable of medical marijuana [NJ] [Re: FurrowedBrow]
    #426032 - 05/30/10 06:33 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

It's all a political game.  They'll suck each others' dicks for a while and then they'll make a decision.  That goes for anything in politics.

--------------------

OfflineCannaboid
Gang Green Gang
Male User Gallery

Loc: Flag
Re: Gov. Christie, N.J. Dems clash about timetable of medical marijuana [NJ] *DELETED* [Re: FarBeyondDriven]
    #426177 - 05/30/10 08:56 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

Post deleted by FurrowedBrow

Reason for deletion: Posted another goatse'd pic.

--------------------

InvisibleFarBeyondDriven
Male User Gallery

Re: Gov. Christie, N.J. Dems clash about timetable of medical marijuana [NJ] [Re: Cannaboid]
    #426192 - 05/30/10 09:19 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

You know, I think that just might get the bill passed :wink: says one democrat to another republican and then they go off into a back room.

--------------------

InvisibleFurrowedBrowM
Free yourself from yourself
Male User Gallery

Loc: Carpal Tunnel
Re: Gov. Christie, N.J. Dems clash about timetable of medical marijuana [NJ] [Re: FarBeyondDriven]
    #426194 - 05/30/10 09:22 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

You see that whistle at the bottom of your sig?  Click that if you see any more of that shock shit posted.

--------------------

Multidisciplinary Association for Psychedelic Studies - Become a member!
The Growery's Herb Museum (post #24)
I prefer dangerous freedom to peaceful slavery.
~ Thomas Jefferson ~

InvisibleFarBeyondDriven
Male User Gallery

Re: Gov. Christie, N.J. Dems clash about timetable of medical marijuana [NJ] [Re: FurrowedBrow]
    #426197 - 05/30/10 09:25 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

:thumbup:

Never really paid much attention to it before.  He's just trying to get banned anyway.  It usually doesn't take long for yall to catch it.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Kraken Kratom Shop: Kratom Capsules for Sale