Home | Community | Message Board

High Mountain Gold Compost
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineThebooedocksaint
Dead Dictator
 User Gallery

Loc: Wild & Free
sigh....
    #424029 - 05/26/10 11:37 AM (13 years, 10 months ago)

what the fuck.... they are building a mosque near ground zero.

Quote:

Local NYC board backs plan to build mosque near Ground Zero:

After hours of emotional public comment, a New York city community board has voted overwhelmingly to support a plan to build a mosque and cultural center near Ground Zero.

"It's a seed of peace," board member Rob Townley said. "We believe that this is significant step in the Muslim community to counteract the hate and fanaticism in the minority of the community."

The vote late Tuesday by the Manhattan Community Board was 29-to-1 in favor of the plan, with 10 abstentions, the Associated Press reports.

Some in the crowd held carried pictures of victims of the attack, others carried signs reading: "Show respect for 9/11. No mosque!"

The board did not have the power to block the project, but its actions are an important barometer of community sentiment, The New York Times says.

Imam Feisal Abdul Rauf, director of one sponsor of the project, said he understood the anguish, but noted that his group had condemned the 9/11 attacks and that members of his community and congregation were also killed that day.

"We have worked to ensure that our mosques are not recruiting grounds for terrorists," he said.

C. Lee Hanson, whose son, Peter, died in the trade center, said he opposed the project, not because he was intolerant but because it would be insensitive to build a tribute to Islam so close to Ground Zero.

"When I look over there and I see a mosque, it's going to hurt," Hanson said, according to The Times. "Build it someplace else."

Why put any religious building on ground zero? I thought we were going to get some giant ass memorial.

I mean I am pretty against memorials (because when it comes to memorials I'm like "oh look a waste of space"). But a Mosque does not belong there, unless other religions get a spot there as well.

Plus they are attempting to force the issue, lolololol forcing people to like a religion. Way to fail at your goal before you even start trying.

But really, this is BS.

I'm not even saying it because I hate Muslims, because I actually don't.

I just hate what they are trying to do.

--------------------
"Je pense, donc je suis (I am thinking, therefore I am)." -Rene Descartes

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineCoaster
I'm Back Baby
Male User Gallery

Loc: Sativa Central Flag
Re: sigh.... [Re: Thebooedocksaint]
    #424032 - 05/26/10 11:43 AM (13 years, 10 months ago)

bwahahahhahahaahahah Osama WON :coaster:

--------------------

InvisibleTriptonic
Male

Loc: Flag
Re: sigh.... [Re: Thebooedocksaint]
    #424036 - 05/26/10 11:49 AM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Thebooedocksaint said:
what the fuck.... they are building a mosque near ground zero.

Quote:

Local NYC board backs plan to build mosque near Ground Zero:

After hours of emotional public comment, a New York city community board has voted overwhelmingly to support a plan to build a mosque and cultural center near Ground Zero.

"It's a seed of peace," board member Rob Townley said. "We believe that this is significant step in the Muslim community to counteract the hate and fanaticism in the minority of the community."

The vote late Tuesday by the Manhattan Community Board was 29-to-1 in favor of the plan, with 10 abstentions, the Associated Press reports.

Some in the crowd held carried pictures of victims of the attack, others carried signs reading: "Show respect for 9/11. No mosque!"

The board did not have the power to block the project, but its actions are an important barometer of community sentiment, The New York Times says.

Imam Feisal Abdul Rauf, director of one sponsor of the project, said he understood the anguish, but noted that his group had condemned the 9/11 attacks and that members of his community and congregation were also killed that day.

"We have worked to ensure that our mosques are not recruiting grounds for terrorists," he said.

C. Lee Hanson, whose son, Peter, died in the trade center, said he opposed the project, not because he was intolerant but because it would be insensitive to build a tribute to Islam so close to Ground Zero.

"When I look over there and I see a mosque, it's going to hurt," Hanson said, according to The Times. "Build it someplace else."

Why put any religious building on ground zero? I thought we were going to get some giant ass memorial.

I mean I am pretty against memorials (because when it comes to memorials I'm like "oh look a waste of space"). But a Mosque does not belong there, unless other religions get a spot there as well.

Plus they are attempting to force the issue, lolololol forcing people to like a religion. Way to fail at your goal before you even start trying.

But really, this is BS.

I'm not even saying it because I hate Muslims, because I actually don't.

I just hate what they are trying to do.

I dont hate muslims as a group but I hate extremists in any religion.

OfflineThebooedocksaint
Dead Dictator
 User Gallery

Loc: Wild & Free
Re: sigh.... [Re: Triptonic]
    #424037 - 05/26/10 11:51 AM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

I don't hate Muslims as a group but I hate extremists in any religion.

QFT

I mean come on THE CRUSADES!

--------------------
"Je pense, donc je suis (I am thinking, therefore I am)." -Rene Descartes

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds