Home | Community | Message Board

Royal Queen Seeds Cannabis Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisiblebrifunforme
Card Holder. Not really
PH different for veg/flower?
    #406586 - 04/25/10 05:54 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Ok, I know hydro the ph is supposed to be lower like in the 5.5 range or so right?

I just read somewhere that the ph should also be different for veg and flower. My question is in regards to both soil and hydro. What in your opinions is the perfect PH for veg and for flower in both hydro and a soil system?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleHawksresurrection
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: PH different for veg/flower? [Re: brifunforme]
    #406589 - 04/25/10 06:00 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

pH is the same for both flowering and veg.  There is no difference.  5.8 for hydro and 6.5 for soil.

--------------------
Dude she isn't as young as she use to be.

-niteowl

Invisiblebrifunforme
Card Holder. Not really
Re: PH different for veg/flower? [Re: Hawksresurrection]
    #406616 - 04/25/10 07:37 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

K, thanks for clearing that up. Thats what I thought but I just read on here somewhere that someone changes their PH during flowering. Maybe I miss read. :/

Invisiblecaptain.koons
Failed Botanist
Trusted Cultivator
    #407397 - 04/26/10 11:18 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

hawksapprentice said:
pH is the same for both flowering and veg.  There is no difference.  5.8 for hydro and 6.5 for soil.

Not entirely true, actually it's not true at all.

pH has to do with availability of nutrients at different levels of acidity. So some people start their hydro off at 5.5 pH and raise it up to 5.8-5.9 pH. I personally keep it at 5.5 pH throughout as I find this is the best pH for avoiding deficiencies/lockout.

The acceptable range for hydro is 5.5-6.0 soil 6.2-6.8 some say as high as 7.

--------------------

TROLLS NEED LOVE TOO!

Invisiblebrifunforme
Card Holder. Not really
Re: PH different for veg/flower? [Re: captain.koons]
    #407478 - 04/27/10 05:02 AM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Thanks captain! Are there any graphs or anything out there somewhere that show the nute intake for pot at different ph levels? I thought I had seen one a long time ago on another site but I have no idea where it was.

Invisiblecaptain.koons
Failed Botanist
Trusted Cultivator
    #407549 - 04/27/10 12:14 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

There you go.

--------------------

TROLLS NEED LOVE TOO!

OfflineDieselB
High Watt Closet
Male

#407553 - 04/27/10 12:25 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Some people will also keep a continuous swing going with their Ph, high one feeding, low the next. I say whatever you find that works efficently for you, go for it.

Koon's, do you have any reading or links on this stuff? I'm interested to see that chart, the one I have didn't show the change in actual availability level relative to the ph. Come to think of it, thats the chart in my local garden store that I ignored.

--------------------
If you ain't smokin' dro, you're smokin' reggie. :shrug:

Invisiblecaptain.koons
Failed Botanist
Trusted Cultivator
Re: PH different for veg/flower? [Re: DieselB]
    #407561 - 04/27/10 12:54 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Can you mention anyone in particular that grows alternating pH every feeding? I assume this would need to be done in soilless to be practical as hydro you'd be looking at changing the pH every 10days or whatever the case may be and a pH drift of that much for an extended period of time could result in nutrient lockouts/deficiencies. This doesn't seem very practical and I can't see it being effective either. pH of 5.5 makes for the most availability of nutrients.

I don't know what you're asking for? I posted a chart that shows different availability at different pH levels. Some people kick it up to 5.8-5.9 pH for the last few weeks of flowering including the flush. GHSco does this in their videos to make different nutrients more available.

--------------------

TROLLS NEED LOVE TOO!

OfflineDieselB
High Watt Closet
Male

#407590 - 04/27/10 01:51 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Yeah, I fucked that one up. I meant 'week', up for one, down for one. No I have nobody in mind, just something I read about years ago when learning about hydro. If I'm not mistaken there's atleast two people on here that grow using alternating Ph's. I'm not gonna name names because I honestly don't remember them, I read this quite a while back too when I was still a lurker.

I've read about sooo many different methods, tips, and tricks over the years that each claims that their the best things and will yield you 50% more or whatever, yadda, yadda..

Yes, I was wondering if you had any links or docs with info relative to changing ph for different stages of flowering etc

--------------------
If you ain't smokin' dro, you're smokin' reggie. :shrug:

Invisiblebrifunforme
Card Holder. Not really
    #407607 - 04/27/10 03:12 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Thanks for the info captain! Exactly what I was looking for! :smile:
As soon as I am allowed in the rating system I will give ya 5 stars.

InvisibleHawksresurrection
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #407621 - 04/27/10 03:48 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Great that works for you.  In the years I've been doing DWC I have always kept it at a steady 5.8 and never have nutrient deficiencies.  Great that it works for you.  But it's not the only recommendation.  You say a range, and I say keep it smack in the middle of that range.

As far as soil goes, of course you can go up to 7.  But then your going to increase your chances of getting iron deficiencies.  If you keep your feeding water at a steady 6.5 you will rarely have problems with that. 

As far as the chart goes, was that designed for Marijuana exclusively??  It also really just confirms the values I gave as well.

--------------------
Dude she isn't as young as she use to be.

-niteowl

Invisiblecaptain.koons
Failed Botanist
Trusted Cultivator
    #407626 - 04/27/10 04:02 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

hawksapprentice said:
Great that works for you.  In the years I've been doing DWC I have always kept it at a steady 5.8 and never have nutrient deficiencies.  Great that it works for you.  But it's not the only recommendation.  You say a range, and I say keep it smack in the middle of that range.

Simply put I was explaining the pH ranges and the effect. If you have P or Mg deficiencies at 5.8 pH and dropped to 5.5 the problems would be fixed. To say hydro = 5.8 pH and Soil = 6.5pH isn't very accurate as different strains will prefer slightly different environments and require different nutrients. Also being "dead smack in the middle" doesn't mean anything as certain nutrients can be available for say point 5.5 - 5.7 then  just about completely drop off not being available again until 6.0 as seen by potassium

As far as soil goes, of course you can go up to 7.  But then your going to increase your chances of getting iron deficiencies.  If you keep your feeding water at a steady 6.5 you will rarely have problems with that. 

As far as the chart goes, was that designed for Marijuana exclusively??  It also really just confirms the values I gave as well.

It is labeled cannaversity.

--------------------

TROLLS NEED LOVE TOO!

Invisiblecaptain.koons
Failed Botanist
Trusted Cultivator
    #407833 - 04/27/10 10:07 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

DieselB said:
Yeah, I fucked that one up. I meant 'week', up for one, down for one. No I have nobody in mind, just something I read about years ago when learning about hydro. If I'm not mistaken there's atleast two people on here that grow using alternating Ph's. I'm not gonna name names because I honestly don't remember them, I read this quite a while back too when I was still a lurker.

I've read about sooo many different methods, tips, and tricks over the years that each claims that their the best things and will yield you 50% more or whatever, yadda, yadda..

Yes, I was wondering if you had any links or docs with info relative to changing ph for different stages of flowering etc

I've seen numberous logs where people raise their pH for the last few weeks including the flush on icmag. I can't recall any users but im nearly certain they're logs of the coco forum. GreenHouse seed co also does this in their videos for some of their strains I believe I saw it for Arjan's hazes.

--------------------

TROLLS NEED LOVE TOO!

Invisibleboomsaway
 User Gallery

#408107 - 04/28/10 01:08 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

i just wanted to post up the pic i found a couple years back of pH ranges.

and of course, the ranges on the pic could be wrong also,

so not to over complicate things, i say, stick with 5.5 haha

EDIT: i also just noticed that that pic u got koons says CEC at the top of the soil ranges, if i were to use a high CEC medium in hydroponics (like say coco), would pH have to be taken into account accordingly?

i mean, if thats the case, how much adjustment would be needed

Edited by boomsaway (04/28/10 01:23 PM)

Invisiblecaptain.koons
Failed Botanist
Trusted Cultivator
Re: PH different for veg/flower? [Re: boomsaway]
    #408132 - 04/28/10 01:31 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

I do unadulterated coco fed pH 5.5

I don't believe that chart is accurate at all for cannabis because at pH 5.5 P and Mg aren't available at all and don't become available until a pH of 5.8

--------------------

TROLLS NEED LOVE TOO!

Invisiblebrifunforme
Card Holder. Not really
    #408154 - 04/28/10 01:45 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

captain.koons said:
I do unadulterated coco fed pH 5.5

I don't believe that chart is accurate at all for cannabis because at pH 5.5 P and Mg aren't available at all and don't become available until a pH of 5.8

Am I reading the chart wrong? The chart reflects that doesn't it? :confused:

Invisiblecaptain.koons
Failed Botanist
Trusted Cultivator
    #408172 - 04/28/10 01:59 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

There's two charts, the first one is the one I believe is accurate. The second one I believe isn't.

My last post was referring to the second chart.

--------------------

TROLLS NEED LOVE TOO!

Invisiblebrifunforme
Card Holder. Not really
    #408235 - 04/28/10 02:55 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

The second chart shows it becomes available almost right around 5.8 doesnt it?

Invisiblecaptain.koons
Failed Botanist
Trusted Cultivator
    #408247 - 04/28/10 03:23 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Yes the second chart says P and Mg become available at 5.8 pH which I can't find accurate as I use 5.5 pH and never have deficiencies.

--------------------

TROLLS NEED LOVE TOO!

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder