Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineSpaceMonkey
Mind Pilot
Male

Loc: Hawaiian Islands Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Cheap Led Lighting * 1
    #398352 - 04/08/10 01:41 PM (14 years, 14 days ago)

as i bounced around from site to site this morning, instigated buy a gadget thread op'd by juke adro. So i was check out this whole sale website and came across these LED lights. They are 310mm x 310mm which equals 12in. x 12in. But they are considerably cheaper then what i have seen these lights going for as designated grow lights for cannabis. I figured at 20 buck per square, i had to share this.

http://www.chinavasion.com/product_info.php/pName/led-grow-light-with-super-harvest-colors-nasa-red-and-blue/

Looks like you would have to buy 3 to get them at that price but still! Also in no way am i affiliated with that site in anyway! I just figured i would share what i found for any of you who are into the LED lighting. They are made in China and not real sure what kind of quality they have. :shrug:

Would be good to get some LED growers to post some comments and thoughts on this item!

Edit: another link i found while checking out the site. A little more what i have seen growers useing here.
http://www.chinavasion.com/product_info.php/pName/led-grow-light-with-super-harvest-colors-45w-edition/

--------------------

:guns: Don't Mistake My Kindness For Weakness :guns:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleDataM
That Guy
Male

Loc: Southwestern US Flag
Re: Cheap Led Lighting [Re: SpaceMonkey]
    #405613 - 04/22/10 09:20 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

The problem with these lights is that they are made with normal or maybe super bright LED's that run in the lower wattage ranges (<1W)

The Standard 90W grow lights usually have LED circuits that are high enough wattage (1-5W) that they come mounted do their own little chip and need a decent heat sink mounted on the back of the chip if they are in an enclosed area.

So although you could buy these cheaper...you would need almost the same amount of money to buy enough of them to get the same light intensity...and then space limitations become an issue.

I would look up the light output per light and figure out how many units you would need for a standard 90W grow light...but im currently drunk...I will provide the numbers 2morrow when I'm more qualified for the job...

peace guys and gals,
agmotes165

--------------------
“The Universe is under no obligation to make sense to you” -NDT

OfflineSpaceMonkey
Mind Pilot
Male

Loc: Hawaiian Islands Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Cheap Led Lighting [Re: Data]
    #405616 - 04/22/10 09:26 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

:lol: Agmotes!
Was hoping you would drop by for a comment on these. Your the only one i know that has used LED for a grow so far.

Was just cruisin the net the day i posted that and figured it may be worth the post if at all feasible for the task.

Thanks for your input!
Glad to see ya around also!

--------------------

:guns: Don't Mistake My Kindness For Weakness :guns:

InvisibleDataM
That Guy
Male

Loc: Southwestern US Flag
Re: Cheap Led Lighting [Re: SpaceMonkey]
    #405913 - 04/23/10 01:47 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Well from what I can find, you can sacrifice output for being right in the optimal wavelength.

Blue 465-470nm .859 lumens a piece
Blue/violet 420nm .054 lumens

Red 630nm 1.047 lumens
Red 660nm .278 Lumens

so going with best case scenario...

each panel has 225 LEDs total: 60 blue, 165 Red

so thats 53.7 lumens for blue
and 172.8 lumens for red

for a total of 226.5 lumens for the whole panel.

now a 90W grow light that I purchased a while back was rated at 4000 lumens and cost $375

so in order to get the same amount of light i would need to purchase about 18 panels...at 45W a piece...which would end up costing anywhere from 324 dollar @ 18 a piece to 270 dollars @ 15 a piece, and use 810W total.

18 Panels at this size would take up about 18.6 sq.ft. and if set right on top of the plant would result in around 2356 lux of Red/Blue light. Which is roughly equal to 15706 lux HID light. Although this low...the cost could allow for more panels down the side of the grow area...increasing the light intensity.

In my opinion...unless these have much higher quality LED's than I think they do...Then you could get a 400W HPS and generate half the heat and probly get better results. And eliminate the hassle of 18-26 plugs to plug in. The led panels would have a more evenly distributed lighting pattern than my 90W lED growlight...but I can fit my grow light in my 2.5x2.5 foot grow space and achieve 6894 LED Lux which is about 46000 lux HID.

Good find though if you want cheap vegging or cloning lights...Have half a mind to get some just for my future aerocloner :grin:

Peace guys and gals...feel free to correct any wrong info that or math that I may have done...bc I do tend to do that...

agmotes165 :gethigh:

--------------------
“The Universe is under no obligation to make sense to you” -NDT

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals