Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Kraken Kratom Shop: Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineI_AM_SWIM
Someone Who Isn't McKenna

so how serious is serious?
    #400696 - 04/13/10 03:18 PM (14 years, 6 days ago)

if something is serious, how serious is it?

:seriousbusiness:

is it really as serious as it is claimed to be?

why so serious?

a billion kids could die from war, but it aint no thang. How serious is a billion kids dying from a war? Is it really so serious?

What about people that pretend they really care about thangs?

how serious are they really?

prolly not very serious

:seriousbusiness:

o well

:feelsgoodman:

so how does one develop empathy?

:shrug:

by doin' thangs?

whats the thang with empathy, i dnt need a defitiniontion, just need a thang that tells u how to gain more of them thangs

MDMA is a good thang, but at the end of the day, chances are the person only cares about getting more MDMA

or somethang

:shrug:

mdma isnt a solution to aquiring empathy, it's somethang else, doin' thangs. well maybe mdma can help a lil bit, but

IDK

u tell me :feelsgoodman:

--------------------
:tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineI_AM_SWIM

Re: so how serious is serious? [Re: I_AM_SWIM]
    #400703 - 04/13/10 03:34 PM (14 years, 6 days ago)

heres a thang

inspired by CS lewis since i cant remember the exact words.

-instead of trying to acquire empathy for others

Perform actions that signify empathy for others.

Basically do thangs that would come from empathy, regardless if u feel it or not,

basically

do thangs

and the feelings will come later,

u cant rush feelings but u sure can rush doin's

--------------------
:tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna:

InvisibleSnurry
Cunt
Male

Loc: Flag
    #400706 - 04/13/10 03:37 PM (14 years, 6 days ago)

basically fake it till you make it?

--------------------
--->
200/~218 Days
It's all a bunch of fucking bribble!

OfflineI_AM_SWIM

Re: so how serious is serious? [Re: Snurry]
    #400724 - 04/13/10 03:59 PM (14 years, 6 days ago)

Quote:

Snurry said:

No,

You don't need to feel empathy to perform actions of empathy,

One could really want to be empathetic towards others, but not be able to acquire the feeling. Instead, that certain one performs actions that  counteract the feelings they do not have, it is all of what they can do at the moment, and it doesn't make them any more or less empathetic towards anybody else. So through those 'doin's' is where the true empathy lies within ones lack of the feelings of empathy..

Through those actions shows the true will of becoming empathetic.
That is empathetic in itself.

Basically if you can't feel empathy, do some thang about it, otherwise,  if you wont even try, then there is no hope in feeling the feeling of empathy, but if you do, then that is just as good as having the actual feeling for empathy.

Although they are two different feelings, one is feeling, and one is the feeling from the doin', it doesn't take away the purpose of empathy, as they both share the same thang.

'fake it til u make it' - lol

I can fit a model that represents that pretty well,

a.) a person that talks the talk, but never walks the talk or walk.

A person that truthfully feels empathy, would be walking what they talk about, especially if they are talking truthfully, that is just all that it is.

If a person talks about feeling empathy, and doesn't do shit about it, well that doesn't sound like they are really empathetic now does it?

U can't feel real empathy without actually doin' somethang about it. Otherwise it's just talk.

So if one cannot feel empathy, then one must perform actions of doin empathy thangs, so they can eventually reach their goal of feeling empathy.

If one doesn't bother in performing their actions day by day through this way, then there is no hope for them in ever really experiencing sincere empathy.

Otherwise they are just thangs.

And thats just a fact, yo.

--------------------

OfflinePicklez
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #400850 - 04/13/10 06:20 PM (14 years, 6 days ago)

geokills? :lol:

InvisibleSnurry
Cunt
Male

Loc: Flag
    #401017 - 04/13/10 09:56 PM (14 years, 6 days ago)

Quote:

I_AM_SWIM said:
Quote:

Snurry said:

No,

You don't need to feel empathy to perform actions of empathy,

Yea dude that's what I'm talking about. Not feeling without any actions. But actions without any feeling; then the feeling comes later.

I see two types of empathy. One's ignorant and just feels what the other is feeling. Like someone getting worked up over someone else's story and ends up just like them. The other is knowing what they feel but trying to help them out without getting them more pissed off.

Take your billion war baby death scenario. Instead of feeling sad and pissed off with the rest of the people affected, you understand what they feel but try and help them accept it as something that happened because it needed to happen. Though it's pretty damn difficult, I think that's true empathy.

--------------------
--->
200/~218 Days
It's all a bunch of fucking bribble!

Jump to top Pages: 1

Kraken Kratom Shop: Red Vein Kratom