Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineDudeTron
 User Gallery

PNW guerilla advice
    #399172 - 04/10/10 04:45 AM (13 years, 11 months ago)

I'm thinking about getting an outdoor crop going this year... I've never done it before, and am barely experienced at growing cannabis, but I think I can handle it.

I have a few questions/considerations to bounce off you guys though....

Here's the tentative plan: 20-50 autoflowers to go outside in a wooded area in western Washington.  Groups of 2-10 attempting to look as inconspicuous as possible...  I'm kinda hoping for set-it-and-forget-it, and calling it a 100 dollar gamble (seeds, nutes, etc.)

Okay, I haven't done much research yet, so apologies for asking questions I can probably google...

First, Im thinking autoflower so that I may be able to produce a harvest in july or august, so that I don't have to deal with fall at all...  How is cannabis in the PNW area in the fall?  I Have this feeling it just doesn't work..

What are the odds I'll actually get away with a set-it-and-forget-it approach?  What are some things I should consider if I'm going to try for "automated" ?

What's the best way to handle males?  Timing my trip, pollen control etc.  I wouldn't mind having a group or two go to seed.  What's a respectable method for not pollinating accidentally (spacing, wind currents) ?

Any other tips, considerations, etc would be appreciated... What are some things I'm going to overlook while planning this?

Thanks guys... Grow on!  :jointsmile:

Edited by DudeTron (04/15/10 05:11 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineDungenessDank
Lord of the Flies

Loc: PNW
Re: PNW guerilla advice [Re: DudeTron] * 1
    #399198 - 04/10/10 07:54 AM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Heavily leaning Indica plants can finish outdoors in your region properly, but I can see why you would not want to gamble with letting them finish into October, especially with the mold problems some Indica's have.

You are going to have to cut the males relatively early if you don't want seeds because autoflowers begin showing sex quickly. I'd recommend sexing the plants before planting them outdoors if at all possible.

Its possible if you space the plants far apart you're plants won't end up being fully pollinated, but cannabis pollen can travel far in the wind.

Be sure to give them plenty of flower nutes, especially if you won't be able to tend to them often.

OfflineShrew
Knife Hitter
Male

Re: PNW guerilla advice [Re: DungenessDank]
    #406082 - 04/24/10 01:21 AM (13 years, 11 months ago)

I'm also doing my first outdoor guerilla this year in the same region. I've learned a lot from my buddies the past couple years and their biggest mistake is planting too late. if you don't want to have to worry about mold, right now is the right time to get them out there.

--------------------

OfflineDudeTron
 User Gallery

Re: PNW guerilla advice [Re: Shrew]
    #407469 - 04/27/10 03:17 AM (13 years, 10 months ago)

So, lemme get something strait...  I can't decide which is right...

Small plant gets put in the ground late... Does it flower as soon as the season and lighting are correct?
OR, does it HAVE to reach sexual maturity before it will flower, regardless of season?

Also, is one month under the lights worth two outside?  Can I veg stuff indoors to compensate a little?

Also, would the 3' tall (average height), 75% indica BC God bud I have be a decent choice this year?

Thanks for the advice too guys... Any links or anything that might just jumpstart my outdoor knowledge as well?

And BTW,  Dungie, your avatars fucking represent man... :thumbup::thumbup:

Offlinedmtcorey
~The time police~
 User Gallery

Re: PNW guerilla advice [Re: DudeTron]
    #420065 - 05/18/10 06:17 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

if you think your going to plant your plants and forget about them until harvest time ,i would advise you not to waste you time

--------------------
:whereismiddleman:

OfflineMushrooMan420
Muncher

Loc: CA
Re: PNW guerilla advice [Re: dmtcorey]
    #421080 - 05/20/10 02:46 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

dmtcorey said:
waste of your time

Considering the price of clones or seeds, you are better off just using that money to buy weed than your approach.

--------------------
x:tongue:

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck