Home | Community | Message Board

Royal Queen Seeds Cannabis Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineLotsae

c.a.p. PPM3 CO2 PPM Meter, wire loose? (answered)
    #391158 - 03/28/10 02:08 PM (14 years, 3 days ago)

OK, so I paid out the ass for a CO2 PPM meter yesterday and prior to installation you must remove the back panel. When removing this back panel, I was having some issues and by the time I got it off, there was a wire disconnected from a terminal.

Now, I do not know whether or not it is supposed to be loose, but I seriously doubt that it is. Does anyone know where this cord should go?

The remaining cord is in terminal 5 and the only other screw that appears to have been screwed in is in terminal 4. I would assume this cord's intended destination is terminal 4, but I would like to get an opinion on what to do before I try anything because this unit cost me nearly $500 and I don't want to screw it up.

*EDIT: So I succumbed to calling c.a.p. and they said white wire goes to relay common (terminal 4) and the black wire goes to relay norm closed (terminal 5).

Edited by Lotsae (03/30/10 01:48 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineTomCollins

Re: CO2 PPM Meter, wire loose? [Re: Lotsae]
    #392015 - 03/29/10 06:48 AM (14 years, 3 days ago)

Do you believe that you pulled this wire out of the terminal block? It would take some tugging to do so, and the end of the wire would be clearly damaged to a degree. I do not believe a 500 dollar piece of scientific equipment would have a loose wire with an open end inside the box - I've been wrong before though. :shrug:

I am not a professional by any means and have never encountered this particular product. However logically speaking in terms of electricity, it would seem logical that one of the two wires should be in relay common. I believe the way the device works is that terminal 3 remains open all the time, while terminal 5 can be closed. Terminal 4, or common, specifically works with number 5, turning on and turning off the circuit.  :shrug: In addition, it would seem pretty safe to also assume the wire came out of 4 because of the screw and the position of the wire.

I think this article may help you. Here is a DIY CO2 controller utilizing the same/similar device you have:
http://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=57090

He takes the device apart and wires it slightly differently from how I think yours is suppose to be. However, no doubt reading that may provide some insight as to what you should do.

Here are two very helpful pictures from that very same thread.

Also here is a schematic I think you may find useful, also from the same thread:

I think your pretty safe plugging the wire into 4. I would. If your still worried, I would go and post on ICC or contact CAP, the manufacturer.

--------------------
andyistic said:
Ok so let me bring you idiots up to speed.
The admins are tired of this shitfest being made the joke of the weed community on the Internet.

Edited by TomCollins (03/29/10 06:58 AM)

OfflineLotsae

Re: CO2 PPM Meter, wire loose? [Re: TomCollins]
    #392177 - 03/29/10 03:33 PM (14 years, 2 days ago)

Lol I came across that very same thread and could not figure out whether that was the position of the wires BEFORE or AFTER he manipulated the device. I think it's pre-rigging, though, b/c the final apparatus has wires in 4&3, I believe.

And honestly, I do not know or not if I disconnected the wire during removal of the back panel.

I guess I will try 4 and see what happens. I think it seems logical as well, just wanted someone else to re-assure me.

Anyhow, thanks for the help. I'll post back when I find out for sure for the sake of someone else on the net having this same issue.

OfflineTomCollins

#392588 - 03/30/10 03:37 AM (14 years, 2 days ago)

Quote:

Lotsae said:
Lol I came across that very same thread and could not figure out whether that was the position of the wires BEFORE or AFTER he manipulated the device. I think it's pre-rigging, though, b/c the final apparatus has wires in 4&3, I believe.

I didn't read the whole thread. However, the wiring that was done by the OP had wires going into 3&4 as you said. Those two particular pictures appeared later in the thread and were posted by another member. In his pictures, his wires were connected to 4&5.

In any case, because of those two different wire configurations, I think it might be safe to conclude that putting the wire into terminal 4&5 will not break your device.

--------------------
andyistic said:
The admins are tired of this shitfest being made the joke of the weed community on the Internet.

OfflineLotsae

#392735 - 03/30/10 01:46 PM (14 years, 1 day ago)

I just got off the phone with c.a.p. and they said the white wire goes to relay common, as you suggested.

Thanks man. I'm gonna update the thread so it will be easier for other people to benefit from it.

OfflineTomCollins

#392880 - 03/30/10 03:49 PM (14 years, 1 day ago)

Good to hear man. You must have some pretty cool shit growin in your basement considering your automating CO2 enrichment. Hopefully I'll see some more pics from you in the future. :wink:

--------------------
andyistic said:

OfflineLotsae

#392903 - 03/30/10 05:49 PM (14 years, 1 day ago)

Lol I guess you could say it's cool, although I am having issues at the moment...

I keep on getting there same problems starting a week or two into flowering and it seriously thwarts my yields. I get good bud but it doesn't really get that nice denseness to it that the pros get with their bud.

I think you replied to the thread of mine where I posted the pics of the plants with the mites. Basically that shit happens to me every time. I fixed the mites but the def. is still there. I'll go snap a pic of some bud from my last crop and post it.

OfflineLotsae

#392912 - 03/30/10 06:10 PM (14 years, 1 day ago)

Here's some pics of the last bud I have left. It was the best one by far, but it is still lacking in the density department. The strain is Bambata from Tiki seeds.

OfflineTomCollins

#393085 - 03/31/10 04:32 AM (14 years, 1 day ago)

Stuff looks pretty decent but I know what you mean.

I've noticed with some of the growers on here who grow some pretty crazy shit, they use super clean water and they follow some kind of feeding program. I've also noticed that plants that are super healthy all the way through generally do not encounter problems with pests. :shrug:

What's your water PPM/EC, what nutrient line are you using and are you following some kind of feeding program?

--------------------
andyistic said:

OfflineLotsae

#393115 - 03/31/10 08:30 AM (14 years, 1 day ago)

Idk what my PPM/EC is as I don't have any meters. I'm using a mishmash of nutrietns ranging from flora nova, earth juice, and safergro.

And no I'm not following a feeding schedule.

OfflineTomCollins

#393129 - 03/31/10 09:43 AM (14 years, 23 hours ago)

Quote:

Lotsae said:
Idk what my PPM/EC is as I don't have any meters. I'm using a mishmash of nutrietns ranging from flora nova, earth juice, and safergro.

And no I'm not following a feeding schedule.

You probably should invest in some cheap TDS or preferably EC meter. I'd wager your grows aren't what you'd like them to be because of poor water quality. RO filter may also be a good investment.

In any case, I'm not sure where your at in terms of your grow (if one is even in progress) however, there is a user on these boards named Magash whom all of the growery regard as the guru of growin. He posted his feeding schedule on the boards a year ago or so. Here's the link: http://www.growery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/268294#268294

Another member, Stoney.69 followed Magash's schedule and here's a picture of the results:
http://i385.photobucket.com/albums/oo295/stoney420pm/dryingtime003.jpg

Here's his grow log:
http://www.growery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/284710/page/2/fpart/1/vc/1

It seems that one of keys to growing really thick bud is just knowing when and what to feed your plants and another is using really high quality water. Big Mike from Advanced nutrients says the same thing about water in his PH Manifesto.

By the way I'm not trying to tell you how you should grow. Just some food for thought. :shrug: :bonghit:

--------------------
andyistic said:

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom