Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineDieselB
High Watt Closet
Male

Politics * 1
    #391119 - 03/28/10 12:11 PM (14 years, 4 days ago)

If someone posts something political and you don't agree with it, get over it, or don't post in their thread.

We are all here for the common interest, not to debate political bullshit.. And thats just what it is, BULLSHIT. We should all be friendly and helpful to each other, not causing division by arguing political beliefs.

I fell victim to this in the healthcare thread, until I realized it was pointless, everyone has their own outlook on things.. There's a 99.999% chance that nothing you say will change what they believe, and that's their prerogative. Which is why I'm not telling you not to post political threads, just don't fall victim to arguing sides.

Just a suggestion..

--------------------
If you ain't smokin' dro, you're smokin' reggie. :shrug:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineI_AM_SWIM
Someone Who Isn't McKenna

Re: Politics [Re: DieselB]
    #391124 - 03/28/10 12:37 PM (14 years, 4 days ago)

politics is lameeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

politics is :feelsbadman:

maybe some :feelsgoodman: but mostly :feelsbadman:
ppl and their differing left/right opinions

:feelsbadman: vs :feelsbadman: = politics

but :feelsgoodman: never gets voted

debates and :feelsbadman: that arent real debates :feelsbadman: too bad for :feelsbadman: and the united states of :feelsbadman:

--------------------
:tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna:

OfflineI_AM_SWIM

Re: Politics [Re: I_AM_SWIM]
    #391125 - 03/28/10 12:37 PM (14 years, 4 days ago)

united states, i ment divided states of :feelsbadman:

--------------------
:tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna:

OfflinePicklez
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #391145 - 03/28/10 01:36 PM (14 years, 4 days ago)

What is wrong with having friendly politic debates? If you cant handle being debated I suggest you stay off the intrawebz

OfflineSpaceMonkey
Mind Pilot
Male

Loc: Hawaiian Islands Flag
Re: Politics [Re: Picklez]
    #391163 - 03/28/10 02:15 PM (14 years, 4 days ago)

I find debates interesting!

For one you hear another opinion and maybe a fact here and there. Debates can also fuel a person to learn the truth of what ever is being debated.

--------------------

:guns: Don't Mistake My Kindness For Weakness :guns:

OfflineDieselB
High Watt Closet
Male

#391187 - 03/28/10 02:39 PM (14 years, 4 days ago)

Quote:

KillerPicklez said:
What is wrong with having friendly politic debates? If you cant handle being debated I suggest you stay off the intrawebz

Friendly political debates are great, if they existed.

Debates can be useful when held in the proper atmosphere, unfortunately I really don't think the Growery.org is that atmosphere.

It's whatever, I just felt like some people (potential members) may browse through some of this stuff and see how hateful and mean these "debates" are, then we lose that person and they spread rumors of the kinda people that frequent this site.

--------------------

OfflineSpaceMonkey
Mind Pilot
Male

Loc: Hawaiian Islands Flag
    #391195 - 03/28/10 02:43 PM (14 years, 4 days ago)

Ahhhh, opinions are like assholes, everyone has one!!!

--------------------

:guns: Don't Mistake My Kindness For Weakness :guns:

OfflinePicklez
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #391218 - 03/28/10 03:07 PM (14 years, 4 days ago)

It's an online forum. Anything is appropriate

You've been registered a whole month :lol:

InvisibleTriptonic
Male

Loc: Flag
    #391231 - 03/28/10 03:22 PM (14 years, 4 days ago)

Quote:

KillerPicklez said:

LOL. No.

OfflineTHEBats
The Bridge Master
Male

Re: Politics [Re: Triptonic]
    #391246 - 03/28/10 03:35 PM (14 years, 4 days ago)

Quote:

Triptonic said:
Quote:

KillerPicklez said:

LOL. No.

LoL coming from the one person who gets the most butthurt when a debate goes sour.

--------------------
kickin-two-hundo said:
you know what i did in english class? I came to class stoned out of my mind every day, i chugged vodka in the back of class, i put dead fish in the ceiling tiles. i put a gallon of old milk and orange juice in the file cabinet before winter vacation. i brought snakes in a tied up sweater and let them loose during class. i didnt go to school to learn, i went because i had to. i didnt care, and i didn't fucking listen to that stupid bitch. and i still don't fucking care. i tore the pages out of her books and burned them, and threw away all the books in the class, two books per day.  :twobooks:

InvisibleTriptonic
Male

Re: Politics [Re: THEBats]
    #391248 - 03/28/10 03:35 PM (14 years, 4 days ago)

There is no debating on the internet.

OfflineTHEBats
The Bridge Master
Male

There's no debating the president doesn't create jobs. [Re: THEBats]
    #391250 - 03/28/10 03:38 PM (14 years, 4 days ago)

NO.

--------------------
kickin-two-hundo said:
you know what i did in english class? I came to class stoned out of my mind every day, i chugged vodka in the back of class, i put dead fish in the ceiling tiles. i put a gallon of old milk and orange juice in the file cabinet before winter vacation. i brought snakes in a tied up sweater and let them loose during class. i didnt go to school to learn, i went because i had to. i didnt care, and i didn't fucking listen to that stupid bitch. and i still don't fucking care. i tore the pages out of her books and burned them, and threw away all the books in the class, two books per day.  :twobooks:

InvisibleTriptonic
Male

Theres no debating that he does. [Re: THEBats]
    #391252 - 03/28/10 03:39 PM (14 years, 4 days ago)

No.

OfflineTHEBats
The Bridge Master
Male

Re: Theres no debating that he does. [Re: THEBats]
    #391253 - 03/28/10 03:40 PM (14 years, 4 days ago)

Then explain to me how he has the power to do so.  You never did answer that question in the other thread.  So here's your chance.

--------------------
kickin-two-hundo said:

Edited by THEBats (03/28/10 03:40 PM)

OfflineDieselB
High Watt Closet
Male

#391255 - 03/28/10 03:40 PM (14 years, 4 days ago)

Quote:

KillerPicklez said:
It's an online forum. Anything is appropriate

You've been registered a whole month :lol:

What does how long I've been registered have to do with anything?

--------------------

InvisibleTriptonic
Male

#391258 - 03/28/10 03:43 PM (14 years, 4 days ago)

Quote:

THEBats said:
Then explain to me how he has the power to do so.  You never did answer that question in the other thread.  So here's your chance.

Promoting new technologies and new industries. If I was an adviser now, I would promote tax breaks for energy sources that are not fossil fuels. Promoting education so the workforce is more productive. Promoting trade and productivity. Promoting small businesses and entrepreneurship. Also signing bills into effect.

OfflineTHEBats
The Bridge Master
Male

Re: Theres no debating that he does. [Re: Triptonic]
    #391265 - 03/28/10 03:49 PM (14 years, 4 days ago)

Quote:

Triptonic said:
Quote:

THEBats said:

Promoting new technologies and new industries. If I was an adviser now, I would promote tax breaks for energy sources that are not fossil fuels. Promoting education so the workforce is more productive. Promoting trade and productivity. Promoting small businesses and entrepreneurship. Also signing bills into effect.

That's still not, "creating new jobs," it only encourages new jobs to form.  That's something that anyone can do, and many groups do actively. Why give the president the credit?  And though he does sign bills into effect the bills have to be approved by congress first so it's congress which is "creating new jobs" not the president.

--------------------
kickin-two-hundo said:

InvisibleTriptonic
Male

#391266 - 03/28/10 03:50 PM (14 years, 4 days ago)

:facepalm:

OfflineI_AM_SWIM

Re: Politics [Re: Picklez] * 1
    #391271 - 03/28/10 03:55 PM (14 years, 4 days ago)

Quote:

KillerPicklez said:

debates are just topics being discussed by 2 parties, each having their own differing views, and they try to make others see their own viewpoints.

the prob with debates is that is what they are debates, yea they can be interesting seeing other ppls opinions about thangs, but

debates dont really change anythang, ppl will always have their own beliefs, even if there is an agreement between 2 differing beliefs, ppl will still debate their own opinions.l

so it's like there is always differencees, and tahts cool, but whatev, i dont care either way, debates are debates and whatever :shrug: :feelsgoodman:

--------------------

OfflineI_AM_SWIM

Re: Theres no debating that he does. [Re: Triptonic]
    #391273 - 03/28/10 03:58 PM (14 years, 4 days ago)

Quote:

Triptonic said:
Quote:

THEBats said:

thats cool, well someone else has an opinion that differs from urs, and there is the start of a new debate.

thats all debates are, soo ppl getting butthurt over a debate is no worst than a debate itself, ppl just doin there thangs tryin to make other ppl see the thangs they are doin' but they rather do there own thats, so there are 2 doin' thangs doin there own different thangs, but really they are both doin' thangs, unless they conflic too much and stop doin' their thangs cuz they keep tryin to tell other ppl how they do thangs, which stops them from doin' the thangs they are even debatin' about..

doin' thangs

im drunk so whatever

drunk debates

:feelsgoodman:

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder