Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinepha3r0
Stranger

Re: What are your thoughts on LED grow lights??? Outproduce HIDs??? [Re: Harry_Ba11sach]
    #384148 - 03/15/10 05:03 PM (14 years, 17 days ago)

Heh 16kw :awesome:

Maybe one day huh, a guy can dream right?

--------------------
"The proverb warns that, "You should not bite the hand that feeds you." But maybe you should, if it prevents you from feeding yourself."
- Thomas Szasz

"if you arent good with electricity dont go touching it...ive electrocuted myself twice...its no fun"
- mhbound

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineMr. Hands
Re: What are your thoughts on LED grow lights??? Outproduce HIDs??? [Re: Hawksresurrection]
    #384219 - 03/15/10 06:55 PM (14 years, 17 days ago)

Quote:

hawksapprentice said:
Also, your willing to go and buy LED lights from them, but not CO2 equipment. 

I was going to order it online...to another person's house.

Quote:

hawksapprentice said:
I'm sure that there are people buying WAY more equipment at this place than you'll ever aspire too.  Just relax buy all the equipment you want, there's nothing sketchy about it.

You're probably right.  I still get freaked out going to those stores though.  I remember laying out $1,000 in cash for my first pimp H.P.S. light and a decent ebb-and-flow table with a bunch of stuff and I was sketched out.

InvisibleHawksresurrection
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: What are your thoughts on LED grow lights??? Outproduce HIDs??? [Re: Mr. Hands]
    #384231 - 03/15/10 07:13 PM (14 years, 17 days ago)

Quote:

Mr. Hands said:

You're probably right.  I still get freaked out going to those stores though.  I remember laying out $1,000 in cash for my first pimp H.P.S. light and a decent ebb-and-flow table with a bunch of stuff and I was sketched out.

Well don't be.  There's nothing illegal about going shopping.

--------------------
Dude she isn't as young as she use to be.

-niteowl

Invisiblecaptain.koons
Failed Botanist
Trusted Cultivator
Re: What are your thoughts on LED grow lights??? Outproduce HIDs??? [Re: Harry_Ba11sach]
    #384402 - 03/16/10 02:51 AM (14 years, 17 days ago)

Quote:

Harry_Ba11sach said:
I agree with hawksapprentice. I felt pretty sketch the first couple times at my local hydro store also. I even went so far as to having friends drive me so the cops couldn't trace the plates from the car back to my address. However, the second time I ever went in they were ringing a guy up with 16,000W of light and enough hydro systems and nutes to last years. I figure if he can walk out of that store in broad daylight and load that shit up in his truck I'm completely fine buying a bottle of FloraNova from them

If I was buying that amount of gear I'd ask the guy if it's worth his time to deliver it on a day off or something.

Wowzers

--------------------

TROLLS NEED LOVE TOO!

Offlinepha3r0
Stranger

Re: What are your thoughts on LED grow lights??? Outproduce HIDs??? [Re: captain.koons]
    #384487 - 03/16/10 07:19 AM (14 years, 16 days ago)

I seriously don't know what all the fuss is about guys its not like when you go into a hydro store the guy running it is under any disillusions about what your primary crop is. sure you might run a few veggies but tell me your really going to buy something like voodoo juice or a bottle of gravity for fucking tomatoes.

the only reason you feel stetchy is because you probably are.

--------------------
"The proverb warns that, "You should not bite the hand that feeds you." But maybe you should, if it prevents you from feeding yourself."
- Thomas Szasz

"if you arent good with electricity dont go touching it...ive electrocuted myself twice...its no fun"
- mhbound

Invisiblecaptain.koons
Failed Botanist
Trusted Cultivator
Re: What are your thoughts on LED grow lights??? Outproduce HIDs??? [Re: pha3r0]
    #384492 - 03/16/10 07:25 AM (14 years, 16 days ago)

maybe things are more lax in medical states but I've heard of multiple hydroponics shops that have been watched for people leaving and I've even heard of a couple that were cooperating or even run by police.

Even the best of places could have a cop parked a block away looking for people coming and leaving or better yet loading a commercial setup into a truck.

--------------------

TROLLS NEED LOVE TOO!

Offlinepha3r0
Stranger

Re: What are your thoughts on LED grow lights??? Outproduce HIDs??? [Re: captain.koons]
    #384494 - 03/16/10 07:27 AM (14 years, 16 days ago)

so what if they do? the point is there is nothing illegal for sale and owning any amount of lights is still 100% legal even if they follow you home and sit on your curb for a week there should still be no reason to be worried.

--------------------
- Thomas Szasz

- mhbound

Invisiblecaptain.koons
Failed Botanist
Trusted Cultivator
Re: What are your thoughts on LED grow lights??? Outproduce HIDs??? [Re: pha3r0]
    #384498 - 03/16/10 07:33 AM (14 years, 16 days ago)

ever hear the saying a ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure?

Shit, using your ideology I could just toss garbage bags of soil, empty hydroponics containers, leave a paper trail for every questionable item I've purchased in my life and not have to worry about it because nothing is technically illegal.

--------------------

TROLLS NEED LOVE TOO!

Offlinepha3r0
Stranger

#384502 - 03/16/10 07:39 AM (14 years, 16 days ago)

yeah you know damn well all the thing you just mentioned are no-no's big time. what i am saying is going to a store wether they sell lights or shoes is legal and there is nothing they can say to get a warrant just because you bought a few lights. if it scares you that bad don't go there. DIY all your fixtures from home depot parts and build your own hydro tables it's not rocket science.

--------------------
- Thomas Szasz

- mhbound

Invisiblecaptain.koons
Failed Botanist
Trusted Cultivator
    #384507 - 03/16/10 07:44 AM (14 years, 16 days ago)

Everything I mentioned above is LEGAL too. There's no difference in reality if I'm caught buying stuff from a hydroponics store or if my trash contains related material. It's actually worse to be caught at the store and have your identity revealed or even followed home because it's safe to say that they were onto you if they're going through your trash.

I don't see how being discreet when disposing of your garbage is any less important than purchasing your supplies.

--------------------

TROLLS NEED LOVE TOO!

Offlinepha3r0
Stranger

#384528 - 03/16/10 08:32 AM (14 years, 16 days ago)

Like I said if it scares ya you can always DIY and then you have that much less to worry about. I am not going to debate the legality of shopping at a hydro store or buying nutrients marketed for cannabis growing. For people who feel the need there is literally terrabits of information on building each and every piece of equipment you could need. I will continue to shop locally as I am sure the cops have better ways of finding the grows then squatting at the hydro shop and I am reasonably sure they have more pressing issues in my area anyways.

Smoke a bowl guys lets get baked, thinking bout pulling a little bit off my birthday nug... ohhh must resist ahhhh!! I can't help myself, spark spark puff :smile:

--------------------
- Thomas Szasz

- mhbound

InvisibleInverted
CNC Machinist/Greenthumb
Male User Gallery

Loc: North Star Flag
    #384673 - 03/16/10 02:04 PM (14 years, 16 days ago)

Yeah cannabis is the least of the cops worries in my area...  The hydro shops are not watched here I can assure you of that.  The only thing cannabis grow wise that they are looking for are residential houses that have been converted into massive operations.  They have FLIR for that anyways, no need to beat around the bush.  And YES, they CAN use FLIR for warrants, at least in my state.  It was just in the paper a week ago how the ruling was overturned because they believe it is constitutional.  They couldn't care less about all the closet growing college students.  It's the 100+ plant busts that they are concerned with, that and the terrible opiate problem in the Twin Cities.  I'd HATE to live in the bible belt.

I would rather DIY anyways, because I used to do stuff like that for a career, and it gives me pride building my own creations.

--------------------
Don't criticize what you can't understand

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals