Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineMisto
Stranger
 User Gallery
Two Unhealthy Plants Need Help
    #384187 - 03/15/10 06:22 PM (14 years, 17 days ago)

Well i was walking outside and found 2 plants growing in my front yard haha

Heres a pic of them. What should i buy to fix them up (nutrients, etc)? Im new to growing and just want to see if i can bring these back.

Edited by Misto (03/15/10 06:23 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblemhbound
Ballin out at all cost
Male User Gallery

Loc: High Flag
Re: Two Unhealthy Plants Need Help [Re: Misto]
    #384217 - 03/15/10 06:48 PM (14 years, 17 days ago)

she needs some love

put them in straight perlite for starters

and then just give them water every couple of days for a few days and come back and show us how its doing and we'll go from there

--------------------
Suck my balls America

OfflineBuddy Guy
Gone Rogue

Loc: Unknown
Re: Two Unhealthy Plants Need Help [Re: Misto]
    #384522 - 03/16/10 08:14 AM (14 years, 16 days ago)

First and foremost transplant them out of aluminum cans and into plastic soil containers. Aluminum can corrode leaching harmful salts and contaminates into your soil.

Styrofoam cups or and disposable drink cup will be fine for the time being.

For their better health. put them in 2 gallons or above plastic soil containers. This will give them the room they will need to make a recovery. 

Use a 65/35% top soil and perlite mix. Begin feeding with a quarter strength nutrient for vegetating plants.

Use premium top soil from your local nursery. Just walk in and ask them for a premium top soil. If they ask you what you are growing. Tell them tomatoes or make something up. They may try to suggest different things. Keep in mind you are growing weed and your objective is to obtain a bag of premium top soil and perlite.

Talk to you nursery person also about nutrients. Ask them what good nutrients they have for vegetating plants. If they ask what plants you are growing. Tell them tomatoes or make something up. They may try to suggest different things. Keep in mind you are growing weed. Your objective is to find a good nutrient you can mix with water and apply by hand. A nutrient with higher nitrogen number then the rest of the other numbers for vegetative growth. Nitrogen is the first of the three numbers that will be on the labels. (N-P-K)

Offlinepha3r0
Stranger

Re: Two Unhealthy Plants Need Help [Re: Buddy Guy]
    #384557 - 03/16/10 09:51 AM (14 years, 16 days ago)

Hey they don't look all that bad for volunteer sprouts! Little bug chewed and probably would really dig some food but they look healthy enough none the less.

Do what Buddy Guy said if you can avoid it don't get miracle grow and don't get anything time-release but otherwise the choice is yours. There is tons of different products and you can spend lots of money but what you need is a good complete fertilizer that is heavy on the Nitrogen for now. I didn't see if he said but don't give it full strength nutrients yet either. Start at 1/4 of what they recommend, If it is improving noticably by next watering give it just water and then food again the 3rd time. If you see no difference in that first week go ahead and give it food again. What you don't want to do is over do it, at this stage they need very little and most quality soil will have enough to get them going if not take them most the way to the flowering stage.

One other thing I would do once they are repotted again into the new dirt mix is to give them a thorough inspection for bugs and check them regularly for a week, having been outside you don't know what might be hiding or about to hatch from the dirt. If you see any little mites or black dots anywhere on the plant you will want to find what it is and correct it straight away.

Now onto the rest of the stuff, you need it under some light right? For plants that size a couple 23w daylight (6500kelvin) CFL's will be fine for a while. You can then add more or upgrade to a full on grow light but that can come later. If you use CFL's or florescent tubes (a 2ft t5 unit would be great for now also) put em about 3-5 inches away form the lamp so they don't try to stretch out and find more light.

The only other thing you need to know is not to water too much. This is weed it will go almost completely dry before needing more water and at this size they consume very very little. In the mix buddy suggested and in 16-20 ounce containers (red plastic cups) I would say one watering could last you 4-7days, it could also only last 2 though. Just watch them and when they start to droop and the top of the soil is dry dry then it is time, then next time try and catch it just before they droop and that will be perfect.

Most of us water by weight, meaning we are used to how heavy the pot is when it is nearly completely dry. Then we just do a 'lift test' every day to see when it is getting dry. Funny thing about pot is sometimes it will really drink up the water and some times it seems to go forever. But the common mistake people make when starting out is over watering and over feeding.

--------------------
"The proverb warns that, "You should not bite the hand that feeds you." But maybe you should, if it prevents you from feeding yourself."
- Thomas Szasz

"if you arent good with electricity dont go touching it...ive electrocuted myself twice...its no fun"
- mhbound

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Two Unhealthy Plants Need Help [Re: pha3r0]
    #384758 - 03/16/10 06:04 PM (14 years, 16 days ago)

Quote:

Little bug chewed

Which was is why I would be worried about bringing them inside without treating them with some pesticide first.  Might be carrying a possible infestation into your house if you're not careful.

--------------------

MFDoom666: sobriety kills my buzz every time.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale