Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinehopanshrubman
The Rabble Rouser

Tap Water + Germination.
    #383752 - 03/14/10 09:10 PM (14 years, 17 days ago)

Ok so I have had this one seed soaking in a cup of tapwater for like...idk like 6 days and nothing has happened.

Also some other seeds have been soaking in tap water for two days and....nothing.

AND! I planted three seeds into soil and then soaked the little pot thing in water to get the soil and the pot wet. This was on the 11th, I dug up one of the pots and there isn't any sign of the seed popping and sprouting any roots.

So..I am guessing the tap water is fucking everything up?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Tap Water + Germination. [Re: hopanshrubman]
    #383760 - 03/14/10 09:28 PM (14 years, 17 days ago)

Doubtful, either it's not warm enough or you have dead seeds.

--------------------

MFDoom666: sobriety kills my buzz every time.

OfflineKaptKid
Spaced Pirate
Male User Gallery

Loc: Bright Side of the Sun
    #383761 - 03/14/10 09:29 PM (14 years, 17 days ago)

Tap water always worked for me.

Should be some place online to find content of your water. You never know.

--------------------
Child of the 60's, Tripping ever sence.

Offlinehopanshrubman
The Rabble Rouser

Re: Tap Water + Germination. [Re: KaptKid]
    #383762 - 03/14/10 09:37 PM (14 years, 17 days ago)

Ahhhh that might be it, I have been using cold tap water. Whatever. I'm going to go buy five or six gallons of purified water tomorrow or something just so I know I am using clean h20

Offline81renaissance
Coachella '13 KKOTY
Male

Loc: State of Mind Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #383919 - 03/15/10 08:48 AM (14 years, 17 days ago)

Also read the discussion in the cult forums about germination.
In fact I believe its linked in the "similar threads" at the bottom of this page.

--------------------
"So it goes."
-Kurt Vonnegut

BlueBerry_Swisher said:I want French fries. No, I want a penis French. Thank you. I'm so excited. I can not contain myself. Now I eat chocolate. It is so good. I'm trying to rub it all over myself. And then lick. Now I need a hot shower. The end.

OfflineBuddy Guy
Gone Rogue

Loc: Unknown
    #384475 - 03/16/10 06:35 AM (14 years, 16 days ago)

Quote:

hopanshrubman said:
Ahhhh that might be it, I have been using cold tap water. Whatever. I'm going to go buy five or six gallons of purified water tomorrow or something just so I know I am using clean h20

Marijuana germinates best between 72-80 degrees(F). Get a small thermometer to place next to your seeds so that you can monitor there temperature at all times. A good place to put seeds for germination is any where thats warm. Think of a place in your home that stays warm. Take your thermometer and set it up there and see if that spot keeps within ideal seed germination temps. A good place to germinate seeds is on top of your water heater. The heat from the hot water in the tank keeps the top of the tank a steady temp. Usually between 72-80. In older houses these places tend to be a little dusty. Just wipe them down with a good cleaner of your choice.

Cold water is actually good to be placing them in for the first 24 hours. This will simulate what happens to marijuana seeds in the wild(winter). Take them out. Then paper towel method them.

When it comes to my germinating seeds. Always use distilled water. The process of distilling brings the water down to almost 0 ppms.(approx. 75ppms to be more exact). Marijuana seeds have enough food(stored energy) in their husks to support their growth through seedling phase. Marijuana taproots are very delicate and are very easily burned.

Invisiblecaptain.koons
Failed Botanist
Trusted Cultivator
    #384485 - 03/16/10 07:04 AM (14 years, 16 days ago)

I don't know what the problem is in your case. I never soak seeds more than 12-16hours I usually soak them minimally then transfer them to wet gauze or paper towel or just plant directly into a jiffy or coco pellet.

--------------------

TROLLS NEED LOVE TOO!

Offlinehopanshrubman
The Rabble Rouser

Re: Tap Water + Germination. [Re: captain.koons]
    #384562 - 03/16/10 10:00 AM (14 years, 15 days ago)

Most of the seeds popped and I have the room sitting at around 75 degrees. It was the heat factor that wasn't allowing them to germinate I think. Once I got the temperature fixed they opened up pretty quickly.

Invisiblecaptain.koons
Failed Botanist
Trusted Cultivator
    #384579 - 03/16/10 10:35 AM (14 years, 15 days ago)

good to know

--------------------

TROLLS NEED LOVE TOO!

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Tap Water + Germination. [Re: captain.koons]
    #384704 - 03/16/10 04:47 PM (14 years, 15 days ago)

Quote:

Most of the seeds popped and I have the room sitting at around 75 degrees. It was the heat factor that wasn't allowing them to germinate I think. Once I got the temperature fixed they opened up pretty quickly.

:thumbup:

the majority of germination/cloning problems stem from too being too cold near the root space.  Glad you got them to pop!

--------------------

MFDoom666: sobriety kills my buzz every time.

Offlinehopanshrubman
The Rabble Rouser

Re: Tap Water + Germination. [Re: coda]
    #384960 - 03/16/10 08:11 PM (14 years, 15 days ago)

Yah I am stoked. Still waiting to see green come out of the soil!

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: FurrowedBrow, Magash, Data, Dr. Siekadellyk, phychotron
6,060 topic views. 0 members, 216 guests and 136 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Please support our sponsors.

Copyright 1997-2024 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.021 seconds spending 0.005 seconds on 12 queries.