Home | Community | Message Board

Royal Queen Seeds Cannabis Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineKilluminati_420
Swimmin in Cyans soon
Male

Loc: Oregon Coast
"Chi" Energy?
    #377649 - 03/03/10 09:34 AM (14 years, 29 days ago)

I was just looking around on youtube, and found a nice video of this man who heals people using "chi", a universal energy surrounding everything...Its pretty interesting and im asking for opinions on it...

--------------------
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w5Rw_1nRuu0

Amanitas for Trade this Oct-Dec^
"Dont gain the world and lose your soul...Wisdom is better than silver and gold" -Bob Marley

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offline81renaissance
Coachella '13 KKOTY
Male

Loc: State of Mind Flag
Re: "Chi" Energy? [Re: Killuminati_420]
    #377656 - 03/03/10 09:40 AM (14 years, 29 days ago)

This is a very old concept.  Acupuncturists and Feng Shui practicioners use the concept of balancing chi in their daily work.  There are channels through which chi flows in the body called "meridians" and when they become unbalanced or stopped, illness occurs. 
Its also a common concept in Reiki, but no physical intervention is used (like the needles in acupuncture).

--------------------
"So it goes."
-Kurt Vonnegut

BlueBerry_Swisher said:I want French fries. No, I want a penis French. Thank you. I'm so excited. I can not contain myself. Now I eat chocolate. It is so good. I'm trying to rub it all over myself. And then lick. Now I need a hot shower. The end.

Invisiblestill beLIEve
State Property..Again
Male

Loc: a world thats not my own
Re: "Chi" Energy? [Re: Killuminati_420]
    #377664 - 03/03/10 10:02 AM (14 years, 29 days ago)

ya i would like to see some opinionsss

--------------------
niteowl said:
See, that term pedo gets thrown around a lot.
Is a 16 year old guy having sex w/a 16 year old girl a pedophile?
If not, then how is a 30 year old considered a pedophile for doing the same thing?
I think y'all need to look up the definition for pedophile.

Offline81renaissance
Coachella '13 KKOTY
Male

Loc: State of Mind Flag
Re: "Chi" Energy? [Re: still beLIEve]
    #377670 - 03/03/10 10:10 AM (14 years, 29 days ago)

OIC. 

I'm a bit biased b/c I want to pursue acupuncture as a career, but I've seen many things that defy any other explanation.
I have a friend who was told with certainty that she would need surgery to repair her shoulder, and after 3 acupuncture and massage treatments (which she didn't share with her primary doctor) was told that it wouldn't be necessary anymore.
I've seen colds induced by massage and acupuncture in an entire class of students, and I've seen them fixed as well just by adjusting the flow of chi in the body.
I've talked to women who had menstrual cycles that only happened every 3-4 months, and then after herbal medicine treatments and acupuncture, had exact monthly cycles.

Its arrogant and asinine for Western medicine to discount Eastern practices that have been around for centuries longer, and in my opinion Eastern medicine focuses on the source of the illness whereas Western medicing focuses mainly on symptoms.

--------------------
"So it goes."
-Kurt Vonnegut

BlueBerry_Swisher said:I want French fries. No, I want a penis French. Thank you. I'm so excited. I can not contain myself. Now I eat chocolate. It is so good. I'm trying to rub it all over myself. And then lick. Now I need a hot shower. The end.

Invisiblestill beLIEve
State Property..Again
Male

Loc: a world thats not my own
Re: "Chi" Energy? [Re: 81renaissance]
    #377683 - 03/03/10 10:30 AM (14 years, 29 days ago)

thats very interesting thanks for sharing

--------------------
niteowl said:
See, that term pedo gets thrown around a lot.
Is a 16 year old guy having sex w/a 16 year old girl a pedophile?
If not, then how is a 30 year old considered a pedophile for doing the same thing?
I think y'all need to look up the definition for pedophile.

OfflineKilluminati_420
Swimmin in Cyans soon
Male

Re: "Chi" Energy? [Re: 81renaissance]
    #377688 - 03/03/10 10:40 AM (14 years, 29 days ago)

On google it says..."Everything in creation is made up of electromagnetic energy vibrating at different frequencies that correspond to sound, light, and color. The existence of electromagnetic fields around every object in the world, is known as an Aura, is a scientifically proven fact. The Chinese refer to this as "Chi", the vital life force energy of the universe, present within everything. Western medical science is now beginning to take a look at ancient Chinese traditions that focus on "Chi".... Just thought i'd post this too... :shrug:

--------------------

"Dont gain the world and lose your soul...Wisdom is better than silver and gold" -Bob Marley

Offlinepha3r0
Stranger

Re: "Chi" Energy? [Re: still beLIEve]
    #377697 - 03/03/10 10:48 AM (14 years, 29 days ago)

ohh well spoken as always 81.

I can neither confirm nor deny the existence of such a force but my personal experiences lead me to believe that one exists or that at least the human minds belief in it is powerful enough to effect the changes documented. One of my aunts is certified in reiki (i think it reiki anyways but it's something similar, no touching just moving energy around your body) and I am telling you those are the best non massages EVER. She even made my mormon mom who would never believe in any sort of spirit of chi healing (outside of gospel doctrine any ways) rethink the whole idea during my wedding. Mom was a nervous wreck as mom's are at such events and the aunt sat her down and 5 minutes later mom was very relaxed and the knots she had were gone.

Now that douche bag who claims to be able to make people feint, heat up or even die using similar concepts to reiki is just full of crap, he has never been able to effect any change in anyone that is not a student of his. I guess that makes the power pretty useless unless his students decide to throw a coup lol.

--------------------
"The proverb warns that, "You should not bite the hand that feeds you." But maybe you should, if it prevents you from feeding yourself."
- Thomas Szasz

"if you arent good with electricity dont go touching it...ive electrocuted myself twice...its no fun"
- mhbound

OfflineKilluminati_420
Swimmin in Cyans soon
Male

Re: "Chi" Energy? [Re: pha3r0]
    #377746 - 03/03/10 12:01 PM (14 years, 29 days ago)

I think the dude who does that is named George Dillman... I dont agree with his lessons either until i see it for myself...There is alot of fakes, and there are few reals explaining Chi out there...Here is another video i found

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1