Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinetheshiz892
Voyeur
Male

outdoor stealth grow idea - trees
    #369037 - 02/20/10 09:48 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Hi, sorry about the lack of any formal introduction this site is used to but i recently came up with an idea for a grow, but since it's outside I'm pressed for time as i would like to start it this year if possible.

Anyway; my plan, based around my small property and abundance of tall pine trees, consists of somehow hoisting 5 - 7 plants in a net about 100 - 150 ft off the ground with pulleys fastened near the top where it would get consistent sunlight(at least more consistent than the ground in a spot where there are no trees) and the ability to hoist them back down for watering as to not have to climb the trees repeatedly. Has anyone ever seen or read extensively about a grow done in trees? I tried searching via google and this sites search engine but came up with very little results. Also, if this is in the wrong section plz move it for me as i said i am pressed for time and didn't extensively research which category this belonged in.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleHarry_Ba11sachM
cannoisseur
 User Gallery

Loc: Nepal Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: outdoor stealth grow idea - trees [Re: theshiz892]
    #369094 - 02/20/10 11:02 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

actually search on here. we had a guy last summer who grew in the top of a tree on his property

--------------------

Offlinetheshiz892
Voyeur
Male

Re: outdoor stealth grow idea - trees [Re: Harry_Ba11sach]
    #369121 - 02/21/10 12:10 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

trying something new

You were right HB but it looks like this log ends prematurely and i was hoping to have some sort of log or tek to go off of. Oh well, i guess ill just have to MacGuyver this one :wink: It did however reveal some interesting tidbits about existing publications with explanations on similar grows which i'm investigating now.

I think tomorrow i'll look into a good outdoor tek to combine with this idea but does anyone have suggestions on what kind of seeds i should use for this type of grow in a 2 - 3 climate zone and when i should start germinating?

InvisibleHarry_Ba11sachM
cannoisseur
 User Gallery

Loc: Nepal Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: outdoor stealth grow idea - trees [Re: theshiz892]
    #369194 - 02/21/10 09:51 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

I would suggest something indica so it stays low. you don't need it getting super huge because it won't have to compete for light, and being super stretched out would most likely ruin it if a huge wind came up.

I think it would be kinda cool to have a hose running up to the pot and then you could just hook up a little water pump once every 3 days to water it without having to lower it. Of course you'd still want to have the ability to lower it so you can check for deficiencies and bugs etc, but lowering it every 3 days would get old really fast me thinks

--------------------

Offlinetheshiz892
Voyeur
Male

Re: outdoor stealth grow idea - trees [Re: Harry_Ba11sach]
    #369312 - 02/21/10 01:12 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Harry_Ba11sach said:
I think it would be kinda cool to have a hose running up to the pot and then you could just hook up a little water pump once every 3 days to water it without having to lower it. Of course you'd still want to have the ability to lower it so you can check for deficiencies and bugs etc, but lowering it every 3 days would get old really fast me thinks

Agreed, I think the ability to lower them at will for any reason would be awesome and extremely useful, but running a second hose up the side might be more practical. I was hoping that with two or three people operating the pulleys it wouldn't be too much hassle; perhaps I'll sit down and try and draw a simplified blueprint of what I'm planning so anyone who wants to can help point out any problems that might occur and hopefully be planned around.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder