Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineThebooedocksaint
Dead Dictator
 User Gallery

Loc: Wild & Free
Debate and forensics
    #357522 - 02/04/10 07:15 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Trip this weekend.

Informative (about chess), Persuasive (about how bad cement kilns are), and Impromptu (random speech written about a quote. I have to read the quote, write a speech, and present it all within 8 minutes. It's my favorite event) Speeches for Forensics (My acting partner dropped the class)

And Debate (hopefully I wont have to argue against legalizing marijuana).

--------------------
"Je pense, donc je suis (I am thinking, therefore I am)." -Rene Descartes

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineI_AM_SWIM
Someone Who Isn't McKenna

Re: Debate and forensics [Re: Thebooedocksaint]
    #357523 - 02/04/10 07:19 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

what kinda quote are u doin thangs with?

--------------------
:tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna:

OfflineThebooedocksaint
Dead Dictator
 User Gallery

Re: Debate and forensics [Re: I_AM_SWIM]
    #357528 - 02/04/10 07:37 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

I_AM_SWIM said:
what kinda quote are u doin thangs with?

They are different all the time. Sometimes political, often philosophical. I don't get the quote until I have actually gotten to the round, and I am being timed.

I usually try to relate things to music, I talked about how Tony Iommi had to overcome not having finger tips and that it to dedication to get where he is now.

I think I got on that by a Martin Luther King Quote. Sometimes I just suck at the quote though, one time instead of a quote I was given a figurine and gave a speech over it.

--------------------

OfflineI_AM_SWIM
Someone Who Isn't McKenna

Re: Debate and forensics [Re: Thebooedocksaint]
    #357532 - 02/04/10 07:47 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Ah i see, thats pretty cool, you should post some of your writings up if you feel like it.

I have no idea how you can come up with something just by looking at a figurine LOL. That could mean many thangs, but i guess that is the point, to use your brain and think of thangs while being timed.

:feelsgoodman:

--------------------
:tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna:

OfflineThebooedocksaint
Dead Dictator
 User Gallery

Re: Debate and forensics [Re: I_AM_SWIM]
    #357535 - 02/04/10 08:01 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

I_AM_SWIM said:
Ah i see, thats pretty cool, you should post some of your writings up if you feel like it.

I have no idea how you can come up with something just by looking at a figurine LOL. That could mean many thangs, but i guess that is the point, to use your brain and think of thangs while being timed.

:feelsgoodman:

I don't write the whole speech, I write an outline of key points I should cover.

The order is
"The quote"
Whether I agree or disagree
Point 1
Point 2
Point 3
Conclusion

Sometimes there isn't a point 3.
Once I couldn't think of a point #2.

College Debate has 15 minutes of prep before each round, and each round is completely different from one another. After those 15 minutes I have two speeches and my partner has 1.

I always do just good enough not to get yelled at, but just bed enough not to break.

My informative about chess should break to finals.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order