Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineGary420
Stranger
Male
Sleep paralysis asphyxiation
    #351589 - 01/21/10 08:06 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

I had experience sleep paralysis last night .

I was waken up and look about my room , all was blurry and morphing . I realized that I could not move the body at all . I relaxed and all went black .

Next thing is realize my tongue can move , wiggle it until I feel jaw start to work now . Then I awoke and took massive involuntary inhalation .

I needed to catch my breath and fear I was not breathing through entire episode .

I read online about SUDS ( Sudden unexplained death syndrome ) and have now scare myself .

Anyone have sleep paralysis like this before ? This is first time this has happen to me .

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineTina
Alcoholic
Female User Gallery

Loc: Middle America
Re: Sleep paralysis asphyxiation [Re: Gary420]
    #351594 - 01/21/10 08:09 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

not that extreme; but sometimes i send myelf into an anxiety attack in my sleep cause i fear that i cant open my eyes. i dont think mine is a paralysis- just a mind trick..

hope it doesnt happen to you anymore.

--------------------

InvisibleFurrowedBrowM
Free yourself from yourself
Male User Gallery

Loc: Carpal Tunnel
Re: Sleep paralysis asphyxiation [Re: Tina]
    #351597 - 01/21/10 08:11 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

maybe it was a dmt experience.

--------------------

Multidisciplinary Association for Psychedelic Studies - Become a member!
The Growery's Herb Museum (post #24)
I prefer dangerous freedom to peaceful slavery.
~ Thomas Jefferson ~

OfflineGary420
Stranger
Male
Re: Sleep paralysis asphyxiation [Re: FurrowedBrow]
    #351603 - 01/21/10 08:16 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

FurrowedBrow said:
maybe it was a dmt experience.

It has happened before . I become aware of consciousness and try to move the body . When nothing works for unknown reason by default go to tongue and move tongue , mouth feels dry and in weird way can see tongue moving in mouth . then jaw works and then neck , i shake head until awake .

hope do not get horrifying hallucinations that some do get .

am very afraid of asphyxiation however .

InvisibleDr. SiekadellykM
Question Everything!
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Ketamine Flag
    #351687 - 01/21/10 10:04 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

I have experienced sleep paralysis literally thousands of times.... I have also experienced asphyxiation while under sleep paralysis but only a handful of times.... its not kool, I dont like it, but dunno what to do about it, so I just blow it off...

--------------------
The Kratom Report...

InvisibleGetTheFuckOut
Long Gone.
 User Gallery

#351691 - 01/21/10 10:08 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Gary420 said:
I had experience sleep paralysis last night .

I was waken up and look about my room , all was blurry and morphing . I realized that I could not move the body at all . I relaxed and all went black .

Next thing is realize my tongue can move , wiggle it until I feel jaw start to work now . Then I awoke and took massive involuntary inhalation .

I needed to catch my breath and fear I was not breathing through entire episode .

I read online about SUDS ( Sudden unexplained death syndrome ) and have now scare myself .

Anyone have sleep paralysis like this before ? This is first time this has happen to me .

tonnes of times, but mine is before i go to sleep. i just try and move my toes till i snap out of it.  it generally happens to me when im watching tv, falling asleep, really high, and after i had used cocaine very heavily and then stopped cold turkey.

--------------------
Let the faggots have it all.  Keep the shit.

InvisibleFox
healer
Male

Loc: traveling
Re: Sleep paralysis asphyxiation [Re: GetTheFuckOut]
    #351707 - 01/21/10 10:26 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

ahhhh sleep paralysis, love it and hate it.

I've encountered dark forces during each of my sleep paralysis experiences, pure terror.  I'm getting better at managing my fear.  Someday I would hope to overcome the fear and connect with these energies... sleep paralysis is a very spiritual and mystical experience if you can let yourself give in to what appears, try not to fight it.

--------------------

OfflineMoonajuana Time
doin'

Re: Sleep paralysis asphyxiation [Re: Fox]
    #351736 - 01/22/10 12:10 AM (14 years, 2 months ago)

to break sleep paralysis - start breathing faster

--------------------
doin doin'

Offlinesyberia
Stranger
Re: Sleep paralysis asphyxiation [Re: Moonajuana Time]
    #351904 - 01/22/10 01:33 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

It's called Hypnagogic state.

It's nothing to be worried about, it happens to me everytime when I forcefully want a lucid dream. It can get pretty scary and fucked up.

OfflineGary420
Stranger
Male
    #351956 - 01/22/10 03:29 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Fox said:
ahhhh sleep paralysis, love it and hate it.

I've encountered dark forces during each of my sleep paralysis experiences, pure terror.  I'm getting better at managing my fear.  Someday I would hope to overcome the fear and connect with these energies... sleep paralysis is a very spiritual and mystical experience if you can let yourself give in to what appears, try not to fight it.

i have never hallucinate bad thing . when i get it i always assume am awake and expect the room to be there , and when i look around it is , i quickly will realize that all is very odd looking and there is usually several boxes lying about my floor . I then realize my eyes are close and i get strong sinking sensation , i feel like am floating an out of body experience . my body then become very heavy and panic trying to move the arms , but not wondering what is going on .

my mind eye opens up and i see my hand thrashing the air but the hand quickly disappears and realize i have not move my arms yet . when i come to i take strong inhale of air because i may have not been breathing .

am not scared of experiencing the hallucinations as much as am scared of dying of asphyxiation .

never have felt the inability to breath , but never have been aware enough to feel the breathing , so i cannot tell if was breathing .

most experience leaves me dream vividly of paralysis after actual sleep paralysis is over .

in one i was in the room and it was brightly light with hues of red and blue , i felt the body lock up and become heavy , my legs stopped to work before the arms and i threw myself to the floor . look around the room in a third person way and think bizarre thoughts . i close my eyes in the dream and open and am surrounded by large boxes but in same room . i have false awakening where i think i have sleep paralysis , this false awakening then dream situation can go on up to ten times in one night , it is more hellish than real sleep paralysis .

also have never seen any witches of people on the chest or felt the chest crush sensation .

ps. if you want vivid dream , wear track pants and track jacket to bed and cover self in blankets , it makes me get sleep paralysis and these kind of dreams , from the irritation suppose of heat suppose .

OfflineGary420
Stranger
Male
Re: Sleep paralysis asphyxiation [Re: syberia]
    #351959 - 01/22/10 03:32 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

syberia said:
It's called Hypnagogic state.

It's nothing to be worried about, it happens to me every time when I forcefully want a lucid dream. It can get pretty scary and fucked up.

have felt many symptoms from there when very tired .

i have hear buzzing , whispering and even nonsensical speech that makes perfect sense when it happens but then when am awake i realize it was gibberish .

sometimes when sweaty and sleep i wake up with feeling of the bed shaking .

InvisibleFox
healer
Male

#351966 - 01/22/10 03:46 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Gary, I'm not saying completely disregard it, but I don't think you need to be worrying about asphyxiation.

During sleep paralysis, you are still in REM sleep and are half dreaming/half awake.  In dreams, your dream body does not need oxygen and therefor does not need to breath.  What I'm getting from all of this is that while you are in sleep paralysis you are not worrying about breathing because it simply does not matter at the time, but because you also have one foot in waking life as well this may trigger a sudden fear that you have not been breathing through the entire episode. 

If you are worrying about asphyxiation only during sleep paralysis then you need to be worrying about it EVERY TIME you go to sleep, and please consider seeing a doctor.  Your body is paralyzed in REM sleep and you enter REM every single night.

I wouldn't worry too much.  But if you want to worry, you should make sure that you are breathing properly throughout the night.

--------------------

OfflineGary420
Stranger
Male
    #351971 - 01/22/10 03:59 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Fox said:
Gary, I'm not saying completely disregard it, but I don't think you need to be worrying about asphyxiation.

During sleep paralysis, you are still in REM sleep and are half dreaming/half awake.  In dreams, your dream body does not need oxygen and therefor does not need to breath.  What I'm getting from all of this is that while you are in sleep paralysis you are not worrying about breathing because it simply does not matter at the time, but because you also have one foot in waking life as well this may trigger a sudden fear that you have not been breathing through the entire episode. 

If you are worrying about asphyxiation only during sleep paralysis then you need to be worrying about it EVERY TIME you go to sleep, and please consider seeing a doctor.  Your body is paralyzed in REM sleep and you enter REM every single night.

I wouldn't worry too much.  But if you want to worry, you should make sure that you are breathing properly throughout the night.

thank you .

am thinking that the inhalation was probably from how startled and how sudden i snapped out of it , as am recalling do not remember feeling exhausted , more or less just startled , so the heart rate increased , fear does that for me , like when you awake from bad dream .

am sure i get the breathing during sleep , just was an odd experience , as i never was as startled as when i awoke this time , however it was a particularly unique sleep paralysis this time .

am actually looking forward to next time this happens  , i will try to control the fear and disturbing OBE feelings , it might prove to be fun if try not to fight it .

i hear body only enter the REM for not long every night , so do you know why sleep paralysis may happen when falling asleep or when waking up ?

InvisibleFox
healer
Male

#352012 - 01/22/10 05:38 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Now that I come to think about it, after each one of my DMT breakthroughs I take a huge inhalation when I cross that line back to waking reality.  DMT/ayahuasca experience is a dream, just like a sleeping dream.  It might just be the sudden realization that you're entering into a different perspective, a shift in consciousness or reality.

Definitely try to control your fear.  If you can sustain sleep paralysis it is the perfect opportunity to practice astral projection and/or contact energies and forces that you are blind to when fully awake.

The amount of REM sleep a person gets is variable.  An experienced lucid dreamer can at will have much longer REM periods than someone who can't even remember dreams.  Sleep paralysis is simply the bodies defense in acting out dreams.  You wouldn't want to be having a lucid dream that you're flying out through your window and then all of a sudden wake up to see yourself falling to the ground.  However, sometimes this paralysis lingers... something in waking life may trigger your brain to gain waking conscience but for some reason it still slightly remains in REM sleep.  It's like purgatory, the world between the two worlds.  You are half dream body and half waking body, half asleep but half awake.  This is very significant because the natural filters in your brain are not functioning, like logic and reason, so your brain can "tune in" to different wavelengths and experience phenomena that usually can't be experienced in normal waking life.

Do some research on the subject, you already seem interested and there is much more you can learn and do with it.

:peace:

--------------------

OfflineGary420
Stranger
Male
    #352027 - 01/22/10 06:03 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

have only slightly lucid dreamed once , i realized was dreaming and could not think of anything to do so shot lighting bolts out of my hands then tried to wake which turned to be false awakening. this dream was blurry , lucid dream would be much fun in a vivid dream .

can remember dreams frequently now , i simply run through my thoughts when half awake and can remember the dream until i can remember it while fully awake .

funny how some things make different sence when half asleep , i have been spoken to by people when half awake and i think that they are telling me to make a pizza or catch a dragon when they are only tell to wake up .

i have book on lucid dream , will probably do some reading of it tonight.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder