Home | Community | Message Board

Royal Queen Seeds Cannabis Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinevipergts2207
RooR
 User Gallery

Loc: Ohio
Time for last feeding?
    #349956 - 01/18/10 11:53 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

I took this picture a few hours ago. As you can see the buds are developing. I'm planning on feeding it on Wednesday. Do you think the buds will be mature approximately two weeks from Wednesday? I know your supposed to stop feeding two weeks before harvest, but this is my first grow so I'm not sure how long until harvest will be here.

Edited by vipergts2207 (01/18/10 11:53 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleHawksresurrection
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Time for last feeding? [Re: vipergts2207]
    #349971 - 01/19/10 12:11 AM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Well, how long has your plant been flowering??  It doesn't look anywhere near done to me. 

The best method to determine if your plant is getting close to harvest is to buy a small magnifying glass, 10-30x.  And look at the trichomes.  They will turn from clear to cloudy to amber.  The best time to harvest is when they are about 40-60% turned.

I think you should buy a book or two and do some reading, it will help you tremendously.

--------------------
Dude she isn't as young as she use to be.

-niteowl

Edited by Hawksresurrection (01/19/10 12:12 AM)

OfflineTheShroomJew23
The Chemist
Male

Re: Time for last feeding? [Re: Hawksresurrection]
    #349988 - 01/19/10 01:04 AM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Those buds haven't even fattened up yet, I would give them like 3-4 weeks.

--------------------

InvisibleNightGrower
Proficient Horticulturist
Male

#350075 - 01/19/10 07:55 AM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Also, from looking at that picture, it seems that the plant has endured quite a bit of nutrient burn, that one fan leaf looks wrecked.

Just remember, for your next grow, plan first, plant second.

--------------------
Learn of Terence Mckenna. Check out the Shroomery to learn more about what one man did for mushies. Thank you, Terence.

InvisibleHarry_Ba11sachM
cannoisseur
 User Gallery

Loc: Nepal Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #350083 - 01/19/10 08:59 AM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

vipergts2207 said:
I took this picture a few hours ago. As you can see the buds are developing. I'm planning on feeding it on Wednesday. Do you think the buds will be mature approximately two weeks from Wednesday? I know your supposed to stop feeding two weeks before harvest, but this is my first grow so I'm not sure how long until harvest will be here.

definitely not man, I don't think you're even halfway through the flowering cycle yet.

--------------------

Offlinepblcenmy1
Perfectionist
Male User Gallery

Loc: CO Flag
Re: Time for last feeding? [Re: Harry_Ba11sach]
    #350087 - 01/19/10 09:17 AM (14 years, 2 months ago)

I agree.  Thats a little further along then my plant and it has been flowering for almost 3 weeks now.  Seems you have a month to go, give or take.

Those purple stems tell me you have a phosphorus deficiency.  Very vital you correct this problem for max. yield and overall health of the plant.

--------------------
Down 2 Earth, Up N Space!

Offlinevipergts2207
RooR
 User Gallery

Loc: Ohio
Re: Time for last feeding? [Re: pblcenmy1]
    #350091 - 01/19/10 09:39 AM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Thanks for the replies. First off, the burns are actually from where my plant and light got into a little fight. The plant lost lol. Second, I'm not asking if they're ready for harvest, I know they're not ready. I'm asking when to stop feeding so I don't have left over nutes in the bud.  Basically, how can I tell when I'm 2 weeks from harvest? Btw, I've been flowering for almost 3 weeks now.

Offlinepblcenmy1
Perfectionist
Male User Gallery

Loc: CO Flag
    #350115 - 01/19/10 11:16 AM (14 years, 2 months ago)

this is funny.  My plant had a battle one night with 100 watt incandescent.  And failed also... miserably.  but that was over a month ago.  seems im right behind you.

If you cant afford a microscope then go by the leafs.  They will die when close to harvest and when half of them turn that should be a good time to harvest.  Only do this if your plant has shown no signs of disease or previous deficiency. Looks like an indica so it would be better to harvest late if anything.  Plus the longer you wait, the thc will breakdown into a chemical called bcd or something and will make you more retarded feeling.  I like this as ive been smoking for over ten years and need that more "couchlock" high.  but thats just my personal preference.

You could even harvest a single bud earlier then the rest and see if you like that high more.  cuz then you have a reference for next time you grow and have a better feel for when to harvest.

--------------------
Down 2 Earth, Up N Space!

InvisibleHarry_Ba11sachM
cannoisseur
 User Gallery

Loc: Nepal Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #350150 - 01/19/10 12:30 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

vipergts2207 said:
Thanks for the replies. First off, the burns are actually from where my plant and light got into a little fight. The plant lost lol. Second, I'm not asking if they're ready for harvest, I know they're not ready. I'm asking when to stop feeding so I don't have left over nutes in the bud.  Basically, how can I tell when I'm 2 weeks from harvest? Btw, I've been flowering for almost 3 weeks now.

well then to answer your question you should feed it for another 3 weeks and then start flushing

--------------------

InvisibleHawksresurrection
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Time for last feeding? [Re: pblcenmy1]
    #350274 - 01/19/10 04:45 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

pblcenmy1 said:
this is funny.  My plant had a battle one night with 100 watt incandescent.  And failed also... miserably.  but that was over a month ago.  seems im right behind you.

If you cant afford a microscope then go by the leafs.  They will die when close to harvest and when half of them turn that should be a good time to harvest.  Only do this if your plant has shown no signs of disease or previous deficiency. Looks like an indica so it would be better to harvest late if anything.  Plus the longer you wait, the thc will breakdown into a chemical called bcd or something and will make you more retarded feeling.  I like this as ive been smoking for over ten years and need that more "couchlock" high.  but thats just my personal preference.

You could even harvest a single bud earlier then the rest and see if you like that high more.  cuz then you have a reference for next time you grow and have a better feel for when to harvest.

Bad advice. 

If you can't afford a microscope then you would go by the hairs on your buds, not the leaves on your plant.  When 50% or more of your plants hairs have turned then you would harvest.  Trichomes is the best way to go though.

--------------------
Dude she isn't as young as she use to be.

-niteowl

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder