Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinesnaggletooth
Stranger in a Strange Land
Male

PH and water temp?
    #346565 - 01/12/10 06:46 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

This is in regard to an Aeroponics system.

Are there any thoughts on PH and water temperature?

Dose PH rise faster/slower depending on water temp?

Is there no collation?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleHawksresurrection
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: PH and water temp? [Re: snaggletooth]
    #346581 - 01/12/10 06:57 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

No correlation as far as your pH raising or lowering faster one way or the other depending on your temp. 

You pH should ideally be around 5.8, or at least close to it.  Temps should range from 60-75.  Remember that although warmer temps do allow for a higher oxygenation, it also means that it's easier for bacteria or molds to grow the higher you go.

If your having problems with pH swings, usually the best way to take care of it is to increase the size of reservoir your using.  This allows the plants a larger resource to draw from, thereby slowing the depletion of nutrients, thus slowing your pH drift.

These are really only a few factors in it though.  Hopefully somone more knowledgeable than I can pipe in.

--------------------
Dude she isn't as young as she use to be.

-niteowl

Offlinesnaggletooth
Male

Re: PH and water temp? [Re: Hawksresurrection]
    #346595 - 01/12/10 07:09 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Hummm well right now I am at 11 gals for 12 plants, I could bump it up.

PH can be stable, but it's getting there is the issue.

Once my PH is set, it rises slowly, as it should through the course of a week, and I am veging at the moment.

OK, I asked about water temp cause I have been playing with it, 2L frozen bottles as my reservoir temps where getting near 80.

With the 2L frozen water bottles my temp is low 70's and can be stable at that temp.

Also I am veging 24/7.

Offlinesnaggletooth
Male

#346625 - 01/12/10 07:40 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

hawksapprentice said:
You pH should ideally be around 5.8, or at least close to it.  Temps should range from 60-75.  Remember that although warmer temps do allow for a higher oxygenation, it also means that it's easier for bacteria or molds to grow the higher you go.

I assume growing beneficial bacteria such as using something like Aquaguard or Thrive Alive will help against from the bad bacteria from getting a foot hold?

User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #346636 - 01/12/10 07:52 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

snaggletooth said:
Hummm well right now I am at 11 gals for 12 plants, I could bump it up.

For 12 plants I would make a minimum of a 50 gallon res.  If you have a lot of water for them to draw off of your plants will be a lot happier.  The reason for this is that they don't use everything in the water evenly.  At some points they are drawing more water than nutes, at others they are drawing more nutes than water. 

If you have a large reservoir to draw off of, your pH and nutrient concentrations will be a lot more stable throughout the week.  Thus making your plants happier plants, thus getting you more of and better bud. 

For some space is an issue so this isn't possible.  If so get as much as you can possibly get.  Also a larger body of water, while being harder to bring temps up or down, will stay more stable temperature wise.

OK, I asked about water temp cause I have been playing with it, 2L frozen bottles as my reservoir temps where getting near 80.

Way too high, do anything you can to get that down.

And yes have a good colony of beneficial microorganisms will help ward off bad bacteria and the sorts.  I'm not quite sure what aquaguard is.  But products like Subculture are a necessity in my opinion whether your in soil or hydro.

--------------------

-niteowl

Offlinesnaggletooth
Male

#346652 - 01/12/10 08:00 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Fuck 50gal for my set up? FYI on my set up. http://www.growery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/340077

Humm ok, well that points me in a new direction. The first problem, the size, I can take care of that easy with the exception of heat and RO water. However I will not be able to cool that down in my current set up without a bad ass water chiller...those are not cheap and then there is the power they run....Heat is not my friend nor will inefficient use of power.

Thoughts on that?

RO water, well I'll have to look into one of those systems. I need to anyway I hate making runs to the water store..lol so lame. My house water is crap and will not use that in my system.

User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #346657 - 01/12/10 08:07 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

For one like that you may not need quite that much, I had 6 DWC bucket system on a minimum of 50 gallons. 

Bummer about your house water, god I love Oregon.  :cool:

Well if you keep your res. in the dark and your temps in your room to about 70, you shouldn't have too much of a problem.  Remember, the more water you have the harder it will be for the temps to rise.  Frozen 2 liter bottles to start, before your temps get high, can help that tremendously.  Also keep your reservoir sheltered from light and heat helps.

--------------------

-niteowl

Offlinesnaggletooth
Male

#346668 - 01/12/10 08:17 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Well for now, unless or until I redesign my system, my reservoir is in my grow hut.

Yes I can think of ways to redo it so my reservoir is outside of the hut, but as of now it's inside and I will have to deal with that.

And the temps are an issue since I am running it 24/7. With 12/12 my temps are not an issue. Well not in winter!

OK. I agree that I need to increase my reservoir. I'll look into that before I flip them over, which is about a week.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates