Home | Community | Message Board

Royal Queen Seeds Cannabis Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineBuddy
Mr.
Male

I heart Amsterdam
    #346211 - 01/12/10 05:20 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Well fellow growery heads. Amsterdam officially rocks. Didn't do a lot other than smoke and get lost. The place is seriously confusing stoned. Confusing and Amazing. Went to the Heineken Experience, saw a massive Christmas tree fire, threw some Christmas trees on top. Fucked a few snowballs over it. Went the torture museum. And so ends my list of touristy things I did there other than smoke.

Before going I checked a few websites and came up with the top five rated Coffeeshops. Only managed to visit 3 of them though sadly. First Coffeeshop visited was the Bulldog(not on the top 5, it got a rating of 4.4/10), which was right near our Hotel in Leidseplein. This was one of a chain of coffeeshops in Amsterdam. They're British owned. Pretty lame to be honest, if you have a good look around you can find much better. It's mainly an ambiance thing. There's no atmosphere in there, although they did have a volcano vaporizer you could use there, forgot to check if they charged. Here my companions and I went in on a 2.8 g bag of Amnesia haze for €25. Pretty strong, but smelt a bit too fresh, not cured enough I thought. Later I got a space cake here that did shag all, I think.

Next visited was Lost in Amsterdam. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED! It's on the main coffeeshop street off Dam square on Nieuwendijk street. Their website's http://www.lostinamsterdam.com and I think they have live webcams you can use to check the place out, although I get a trojan warning when trying to look at it. The place is just brilliant. They don't sell weed, but you can go in and buy a drink and sit down and smoke your own. They also offer hookahs that come with different flavor shishas, and you can give them your bag and ask them to load the hookah for you, although some of them put shit loads in which is fun too. They do some taste coffee and hot chocolate, and serve drink too, which is rare now in Amsterdam, places where you can smoke and drink. Something that's cool about the place is the fact that (from what I saw) it's almost entirely run by women, and when they're preparing the hookah they take a huge hit to get it going, and they were very attractive. Anyway, I'm losing my train of thought. So yeah, I might not have impressed how good this place is. The best thing about Lost in Amsterdam is by far the Atmosphere and surroundings. The staff are very friendly and helpful, although I imagine they are pretty spaced sometimes, so this friendliness might vary. There's candles all over the place, and you're basically sitting on cushions that are propped against the walls of the rooms. Remember one thing though, don't put your feet up on chairs or cushions in Amsterdam, they really don't like it. Lost in Amsterdam's bit too, so when you're strolling around looking for somewhere to go and get nicely baked chances are you'll find somewhere to sit here.

Next visited for me was Basjoe's on Saturday morning. I was waking up a lot earlier than the rest of the guys so I went in search of stuff (mainly the top rated coffeeshops) after breakfast. It's East of Dam square on the corner of a street called Russland(which I think means Russia). Anyway it was ok. This is the top rated coffeeshop on the website though. Very fundamental, basically like a plain cafe. Maybe a very experienced smoker would appreciate it more, the guy behind the till wasn't too friendly, although a few regulars came in and bumped fists with him. I think he was Rasta. Here I got a gram of dark Afghan hash. Now in fairness it was very good, very sticky, quite soft, very spicy and sweet and tasty. And the bong that I got looked like it was straight from the dish washer, very clean looking which is reassuring, some I got were kind of manky looking. Still personally I'd prefer to go places where they're friendly, the place was empty, but it was too early for crowds to be flocking the coffeeshops.

After Basjoes, having smoked a few big bowls of Amnesia haze and the Afghan hash I was getting a bit slow minded. And this is where Amsterdam gets confusing, and where the name of Lost in Amsterdam seems so apt. I mean the way to go is simple, but the streets can all look the same, and with heavy foot traffic on a Saturday morning, and second guessing yourself. Lets just say it's worth keeping a map on you, and some extra cash in case you end up needing a taxi.

Next coffeeshop port of call was Amnesia, which is second rated on the site I was using, but I think deserves top spot as regular coffeeshops go. Here I bought a gram of some sort of polm, which was very good. And a friend bought a gram of White Widow. The staff were very friendly, their drinks were Delicious and they have digital Volcano vaporizers available free of charge. Words can't describe the experience of the Volcano. The taste, I've never tasted weed so well, it more or less tasted like a desert of some sort, in gaseous form. And after 20 minutes passing around Vaporizer hits, bong hits and joints my head was spinning, in a way I like. I seriously have to get one of those volcanos. Something I liked about Amnesia too was when you ask to see the menu, and say you're looking to buy weed or hash, they know their stuff, and will without being asked take out all their different strains for you to have a smell and a squeeze. Amnesia is another regular coffeeshop though, it's not as chilled in it's design as Lost but it's still got a lot of Character, it's more like a trendy cafe than Basjoes, and has more comfortable seats. They also play a great range of music for getting stoned too, from soothing stuff to crazy beats that will leave you without a clue of what's going on. Great weed, great service, great free resources, and a comfortable, fun environment. My favorite coffeeshop of the trip, and I think my friends' too.

After Amnesia, actually, I really do forget most of what happened. We went to the Hard Rock cafe, which was expensive but alright. Not really the kind of place they really like four very high guys coming in, but fuck it sure. Actually this place is kind of sick when high. No offence to you yanks, but when you're watching a European girl do the overtly happy and cheery 50's American waitress act it can be a bit weird.

Anyway, next coffeeshop was Crush coffeeshop. Which was just across the road from our Hotel. It was an ok place, had internet. I wouldn't recommend you go out of your way to find the place. I got a gram of Blueberry here, which was again very yummy. Actually come to think of it we might have come here before Amnesia.

Last but not least I can't forget to mention the gem of a place we found on our last night there. A place called Rockery coffeeshop. This place was different than the others for one main reason. They serve drink here too. Throughout the trip we were led to believe that coffeeshops could no longer sell weed and alcohol. And it's illegal to smoke in bars, although some don't give a shit and even leave ashtrays around the place. One of my friends got himself a gram of Sour Diesel here too, which was nice through the bong. The waitress/bar woman was cute, wearing some funky sneakers and was high as a kite. The seats were just concrete benches running along a wall with cushions on them. They'd do well to change this, as it's a little uncomfortable. They'd some nice tunes and the place was well set to just relax and switch off.

All in all Amsterdam's heaven. You'll smoke some of the sweetest bud, see some cool stuff, meet nice folk. I'd in my head that it'd be a dodgy place to be, but it's not really. We went down the red light district a couple of times, but it was too cold to stand around to have a proper gawk, I'll do that in the Summer when i go back.
I've a couple of tips from personal experience. Don't sleep in till 2 in the afternoon unless you're hungover. Get to see a few museums or something. I recommend the torture museum. The Heineken experience is alright. We got to see a massive Christmas tree fire, but I'm fairly sure it's only once a year.

I'd also recommend going during the Summer, or at least when it's not freezing. It was seriously cold over there. And it'd be nice to be able to stroll around the streets late at night high, but it was too cold, so if you go during winter or spring you'll more than likely be going straight from one place to another then back to your hotel.

Another thing, is don't bring a non smoker. At least I'm never going there with someone how's going to stay sober for the whole time. It seems like a good idea to have someone to look after you. But a guy with us became a real drag after a while. And I was tripping balls and he wouldn't stop taking pictures of me, I nearly flipped the fuck out.

Don't buy big. Most places will sell in grams. Buying in larger amounts you'll save a little money. But for a weekend, I at least didn't smoke much over 3 grams of weed and about 1.5 g of hash. I mean wouldn't you rather try a few different strains?

Have it planned as much as possible. I'm not saying to have a list of coffeeshops to go to, or what to do on each day. But have your hotel booked well in advance, know train times, bus times and flight times and have it organized so you won't lose it when you're head's not right.

Don't buy anything from the Street Dealers. They're scum.

--------------------
When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro!

Edited by Buddy (01/12/10 05:48 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineBuddy
Mr.
Male

Re: I heart Amsterdam [Re: Buddy]
    #346216 - 01/12/10 05:54 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

P.s. I've made up my mind. I've gotta live there for some period of time.

--------------------
When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro!

OfflineSmOakland
Now with Grow!
Male User Gallery

Loc: Oaktown to NOLA
Re: I heart Amsterdam [Re: Buddy]
    #346840 - 01/13/10 10:15 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Not especially trying to go there.  Magash says the weed in CA is just as good as the Euro shit, and 25 euros for 2.8 grams is significantly more expensive than what you pay in NorCal.  From what I have heard about Amsty, you are dealing with the same kind of criminals when you buy weed here as you are when you buy weed here.  Glad you had fun though.  If I win the lottery one day I will go.

OfflineMFDoom666
trash hoarder
Male User Gallery

Loc: emerica
Re: I heart Amsterdam [Re: SmOakland]
    #346912 - 01/13/10 01:03 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

the weed in texas is better.

we get all that california shit without having to deal with all you cali fags.

y'all need to stop moving here just to complain about how much better california was.

gtfo.

--------------------

FurrowedBrow said:

They should teach african engineering at the college level.  mcgyver 101

Harry_Ba11sach said:

Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom