Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineairborne robot
enough light density?
    #321382 - 11/25/09 07:33 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Working in a room that is 12 x 12. Running 4 1000 watt hps light systems. Heat is no problem, I went over kill with inline duct fans and room fans. Slight breeze blows over the plants but the room stays about 74.
I am planning on the first batch ( while the new mother takes root and clones get made) to just run the tradional 3 gallon square pots with clay pellets and a flood system. After clones are produced I will be swapping to my DWC/Aeroponic setup.
Question was I have seen some amazing grows here on 430, 600 and a single 1k system. I am pretty sure the light will be enough, but with that overkill can I hang the lights that much higher and not worry about it just wasting light? Feel free to offer any advice.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinejoshisstoned
strange
Male
Loc: Akron
Re: enough light density? [Re: airborne robot]
    #321385 - 11/25/09 08:08 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

only keep the lights higher when breaking plants in to the massive amount of HID lighting. Personally, a room that is 10x10, I used two 1000w hps on two light rails. this allowed me to have the same space with half of the wattage. I only noticed a small difference in yield. The four lights is fine but remember to keep the lights as close as possible without burning the plants to achieve aggresssive growth. Remeber, try not to be wasteful even if wattage is not a concern. You'll save money and still have all the smoke you want. Also, light movers help distribute light so you never have to rotate plants. Have fun!

--------------------
Give me the bat wendy!

OfflineDudeTron
 User Gallery
Re: enough light density? [Re: joshisstoned]
    #321389 - 11/25/09 08:50 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

What's the word on putting plants on a carousel/lazy susan, moving the plants instead of the light?

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: FurrowedBrow, Magash, Data, Dr. Siekadellyk, phychotron
833 topic views. 0 members, 277 guests and 271 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:
Sporeworks
Please support our sponsors.

Copyright 1997-2024 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.023 seconds spending 0.009 seconds on 14 queries.