Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   THCeeds Marijuana Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineASEgrower
Stranger

Input desired from experienced people
    #317421 - 11/17/09 04:12 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

OK, guys and gals gather round and offer predictions, suggestions or plain criticisms.

The topic at hand is a potential grow area, that may or may not be currently in use. 

Up for suggestion is a 20"x30" area with a 5' ceiling.  A 150w HPS suns sytstems lamp.  four flowering plants, grown short and shrubby.  Fox farms ocean forest soil, and fox farms 3 part nutes.  Passive air intake, with a 240cfm inline fan.  Exhausted through insulated flexible ducting into an attic area.  Any predictions?  Assuming the above mentioned items are in use and not possible to discard and use something else.  Any suggestions to improve with what is available?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Input desired from experienced people [Re: ASEgrower]
    #317445 - 11/17/09 04:43 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Things are gonna be a bit cramped i there with four plants.  I'd looking into doing a SCROG to maximize your grow space.  Do a dry run with your lamp to make sure your ventilation is going to be enough to keep the area cool, and see if you can buy a wall mounting fan to help improve air circulation in your cabinet.

--------------------

MFDoom666: sobriety kills my buzz every time.

InvisibleDr. SiekadellykM
Question Everything!
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Ketamine Flag
Re: Input desired from experienced people [Re: coda]
    #317482 - 11/17/09 05:22 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

you could try a Verticle Scrog seeing as how you have way more height than anything.

--------------------
The Kratom Report...

OfflineRenorCordic
Bio-Ranger
Male

Loc: Ancient China
Re: Input desired from experienced people [Re: Dr. Siekadellyk]
    #317527 - 11/17/09 05:57 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Is it possible for you to coat the walls of the area with reflective paper or even paint it flat white?

--------------------
Come with us now on a journey through time and space.
To the world of the Mighty Boosh!

OfflineASEgrower
Stranger

Re: Input desired from experienced people [Re: RenorCordic]
    #318273 - 11/18/09 11:01 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

I would like to thank everyone for the replys, thanks for the helpful suggestions.  To respond:

With the lamp on the area is maintaning 78F.  Seems to be a reasonable temp to me.

I currently have the area covered with Mylar.  I got it free and it works, so thats what it is for now. 

I dont think that SCROG is a possibility, as there is no assurance of the sex of the subjects.  As of today I think there are two ladies.

Question Everything!
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #318372 - 11/19/09 09:39 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

I dont think that SCROG is a possibility, as there is no assurance of the sex of the subjects.

well no matter which way you do it you still have to hope on feemales if you are using seed....you might as well shoot for one of the most weight worthy growing teks.

--------------------
The Kratom Report...

OfflineASEgrower
Stranger

#318393 - 11/19/09 10:31 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

I agree, the SCROG would be the best option, but until the sex of the plants is certain, its not really possible. I would also be afraid that by the time the plants show positive signs of sex, it would be too late, as they wouldnt fill out the screen?  I have no experience with SCROG though, so i will gladly take anyones advice, or corrections.  My desire to learn is way stronger than my prid, so you can tell me if I am screwing up or wrong about somthing, its cool.

Question Everything!
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #318402 - 11/19/09 10:38 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

what do you mean it wouldnt be possible?
unless your using an autoflowering strain you can veg em out until the whole screen is filled

--------------------
The Kratom Report...

OfflineASEgrower
Stranger

#318516 - 11/19/09 02:05 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Dr. Siekadellyk said:
what do you mean it wouldnt be possible?
unless your using an autoflowering strain you can veg em out until the whole screen is filled

Yes, I know, but the sex of the plants are unknown as of yet, and they are already under 12/12.  I guess it could wait until the postitive IDs were made and then allow the "stretch" during flowering to be all horizontal under the screen.  Would that work acceptably?  Everywhere I have seen it mentioned people start with feminized seeds or they use clones so that the sex is known and they start the screen under veg.

Question Everything!
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #318517 - 11/19/09 02:08 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

they are already under 12/12

oh i didnt realise that...

then just research on Scrog so youll be ready to do it on your next grow then...

--------------------
The Kratom Report...

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   THCeeds Marijuana Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: FurrowedBrow, Magash, Data, Dr. Siekadellyk, phychotron
1,725 topic views. 0 members, 220 guests and 146 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:
Avalon Magic Plants
Please support our sponsors.

Copyright 1997-2024 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.025 seconds spending 0.008 seconds on 14 queries.