Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineshrogrow
Stranger

Thrips? Please help :(
    #310335 - 11/05/09 02:00 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

I noticed some small black dots the other day, figured it was probably just some fertilizer that had got onto the leaf with my water. But when I looked at my plants today, one of them was covered in this shit :frown: I'm pretty sure it's thrips, but I haven't seen any movement at all in there.

Trips? If so - am I fucked? How can I get rid of them? I'm so sad right now :frown:
I'm about 3-4 weeks into flowering T_T

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offline81renaissance
Coachella '13 KKOTY
Male

Loc: State of Mind Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Thrips? Please help :( [Re: shrogrow]
    #310769 - 11/05/09 09:25 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

not sure about the thrips, but that top leaf looks like its got WAY too much nitrogen.
Is that the true color of the leaves?

--------------------
"So it goes."
-Kurt Vonnegut

BlueBerry_Swisher said:I want French fries. No, I want a penis French. Thank you. I'm so excited. I can not contain myself. Now I eat chocolate. It is so good. I'm trying to rub it all over myself. And then lick. Now I need a hot shower. The end.

Offline81renaissance
Coachella '13 KKOTY
Male

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Thrips? Please help :( [Re: 81renaissance]
    #310778 - 11/05/09 09:31 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Okay, probably thrips.
Did some research for you and found these solutions:
sticky traps in conjunction with neem oil spray, or as an extreme, you can do a pyrethrum bombing.

And fix that nitrogen problem or it'll never flower properly.

--------------------
"So it goes."
-Kurt Vonnegut

BlueBerry_Swisher said:I want French fries. No, I want a penis French. Thank you. I'm so excited. I can not contain myself. Now I eat chocolate. It is so good. I'm trying to rub it all over myself. And then lick. Now I need a hot shower. The end.

OfflineEro42oH2o
master of the bush
 User Gallery

#311569 - 11/06/09 10:36 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

hey....pests suck....neem is pretty good. I'm using it now for mites and i think maybe thrips too. My garden got motha fucking attacked and i've been killing things daily. IT's not easy. BUT KEEP YOUR HEAD UP!

--------------------
All of the statements and posts I make or have made are fake. I just found all the pictures and copied and pasted them here. I am in no way associated with any of the materials discussed here. I'm just bored, and lame.

Edited by Ero42oH2o (11/06/09 10:39 PM)

InvisibleHawksresurrection
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Thrips? Please help :( [Re: Ero42oH2o]
    #311616 - 11/07/09 12:46 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

If your not seeing movement in them, more than likely NOT thrips.  Thrips tend to move around quite a bit, jumping flying to get away from you. 

Are you spraying your plants with anything?  What's that film I see on the leaf in that first picture??

Are you seeing any abrasions on your leaves??

--------------------
Dude she isn't as young as she use to be.

-niteowl

Edited by Hawksresurrection (11/07/09 12:49 AM)

Offlineshrogrow
Stranger

Re: Thrips? Please help :( [Re: Hawksresurrection]
    #311620 - 11/07/09 01:51 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

They are thrips alright, I've seen them now. Loads of them :frown: Small white larvae and a couple of browner full grown. I removed the most effected leafs and have been treating them with a mixture of water, garlic and capsaicin since yesterday. I've got neem oil on it's way (internet order), so I'll switch to that treatment come Monday.

The film you see in the first picture is damage by the thrips.

Luckily my second plant is more or less unaffected, probably because it is covered in the best insecticide on the planet, THC. Someone should make a THC based bug spray! Had I had more than just two plants, I would have definitely used one or two to concoct an insecticide.

Anyways, I've got my hopes up, and I'll fight these buggers till the end! (which is about 4-5 weeks from today).

81renaissanceM: About the colors, they are not that green, white balance problem, but I've stopped feeding her since a week ago so she'll hopefully recover soon (overfed her a while ago).

User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Thrips? Please help :( [Re: shrogrow]
    #311621 - 11/07/09 02:02 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Well I stand corrected then.  Good luck man, and I suggest getting some Penetrator to use with that Neem Oil dude.

--------------------

-niteowl

Offline81renaissance
Coachella '13 KKOTY
Male

Trusted Cultivator
    #311640 - 11/07/09 06:28 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Penetrator is a foliar feeding supplement that "penetrates" the waxy coating protecting the stoma, allowing foliar application of nutes directly to the vegetative material.
For an issue that is on the superficial plant material you don't need to use it.

--------------------
"So it goes."
-Kurt Vonnegut

OfflineEro42oH2o
master of the bush
 User Gallery

#311666 - 11/07/09 09:23 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

thank you 81ren. Sounds like a cool product for other jobs.

--------------------
All of the statements and posts I make or have made are fake. I just found all the pictures and copied and pasted them here. I am in no way associated with any of the materials discussed here. I'm just bored, and lame.

User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Thrips? Please help :( [Re: Ero42oH2o]
    #311961 - 11/07/09 06:00 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

I used neem oil alone for years to combat spider mites.  And they would always come back within 3 weeks of application.  After using it with Penetrator, once I see them, I spray it and don't have to worry about mites for the rest of the grow. 

I highly recommend using it with Neem Oil.  Until you have tried for yourself, I wouldn't knock it.

--------------------

-niteowl

Offline81renaissance
Coachella '13 KKOTY
Male

Trusted Cultivator
    #312067 - 11/07/09 10:06 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

I'm not trying to dictate what you do, but I am trying to clarify what the product you're mentioning is ACTUALLY used for so that there is no confusion among new members.

--------------------
"So it goes."
-Kurt Vonnegut

User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #312072 - 11/07/09 10:21 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Okay, but it can be used in the application of neem oil.  And I highly recommend it.

--------------------

-niteowl

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order