Home | Community | Message Board

Royal Queen Seeds Cannabis Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineFugueRider
God! I Love Psychedelics!
 User Gallery

Dank Sativa Buds From My Second Grow
    #301470 - 10/21/09 07:57 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

My first grow was a real learning curve. I made a lot of mistakes, and got a crummy harvest of some some not so swell wee. My second grow went much better. I still made some mistakes though. The primary mistake was to not take into account how heavy the water is where I live. I laid off the nutes because I over fertilized last time, and was keeping it at around 500 ppm per day.

What I failed to take into account during the first six weeks of flower is that the water in my area...even after being de-chlorinated is about 460 ppm. I was wondering my I was using so little nutes. Well it turnes out I was only fertilizing with about 40 ppm for nearly six weeks. In spite of that though, it looks like I have gotten some really good dank. So I can't wait for the next grow when I actually fertilize the plants properly for their entire grow cycle!

For some reason, one plant finished well in advance of the others, which still have about three weeks to finish.

I have been told by the guy who gave me the seeds that this is NYCSD. I am not sure, but he swears by it. Whatever it is though, it is clearly a very sativa plant. Anyway, here are a couple of shots of some of my harvest!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineCannaboid
Gang Green Gang
Male User Gallery

Loc: Flag
Re: Dank Sativa Buds From My Second Grow [Re: FugueRider]
    #301476 - 10/21/09 08:08 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Whats the yield so far?:getstoned:

--------------------

OfflineFugueRider
 User Gallery

Re: Dank Sativa Buds From My Second Grow [Re: Cannaboid]
    #301497 - 10/21/09 08:22 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

That plant isn't yielding real heavy. It looks like about 1/2 to 3/4. I have two different phenotypes however, and the other one is flowering a lot heavier than this one. So I am hoping for an ounce to maybe 5/4 from those once they are done.

Since this is the first grow where I am actually able to harvest something worthwhile, it is still hard for me to gauge what a plant will be giving me.

InvisibleFurrowedBrowM
Free yourself from yourself
Male User Gallery

Loc: Carpal Tunnel
Trusted Cultivator
    #301580 - 10/21/09 10:06 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

yeah, it looks whispy and leafy.  it's nice and frosty and healthy looking.  Your tap water has that high of a ppm!  Do you live in africa?

--------------------

Multidisciplinary Association for Psychedelic Studies - Become a member!
The Growery's Herb Museum (post #24)
I prefer dangerous freedom to peaceful slavery.
~ Thomas Jefferson ~

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Dank Sativa Buds From My Second Grow [Re: FurrowedBrow]
    #301690 - 10/22/09 03:18 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

FurrowedBrow said:
yeah, it looks whispy and leafy.  it's nice and frosty and healthy looking.  Your tap water has that high of a ppm!  Do you live in africa?

I was thinking Mexico.

They have nutrients for people that have hard water.

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

OfflineFugueRider
 User Gallery

Re: Dank Sativa Buds From My Second Grow [Re: Magash]
    #301699 - 10/22/09 06:05 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Magash said:
Quote:

FurrowedBrow said:

I was thinking Mexico.

They have nutrients for people that have hard water.

Nah, good old U.S.A. I'll have to check into the nutes for hard water though.

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #301708 - 10/22/09 07:56 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

Invisiblecaptain.koons
Failed Botanist
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Dank Sativa Buds From My Second Grow [Re: Magash]
    #301906 - 10/22/09 04:27 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

isn't it just the micro that has less calcium or whatever?

I got some Micro hardwater from a friend but the label is all messed.

--------------------

TROLLS NEED LOVE TOO!

InvisibleFurrowedBrowM
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Dank Sativa Buds From My Second Grow [Re: captain.koons]
    #301966 - 10/22/09 06:38 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

It's on that page, just farther down.  I think you are correct koons.

FLORA MICRO® HARDWATER:

If your tap water is over 200 ppm (or contains Calcium above 70 ppm), use Flora Micro Hardwater. If your water contains 30 to 50 ppm Calcium, you can mix our original Flora Micro with Flora Micro Hardwater to create a perfect Micro blend for your plants.

Flora Micro Hardwater is available in the following quantities:
• 1 Pint
• 1 Quart
• 1 Gallon
• 2.5 Gallon
• 6 Gallon

--------------------

~ Thomas Jefferson ~

OfflineKeith22
 User Gallery

Loc: Canada
    #302225 - 10/22/09 11:34 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Lookin good man.

--------------------

Invisiblecaptain.koons
Failed Botanist
Trusted Cultivator
    #302283 - 10/23/09 01:42 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

do people rely on independent analysis or contacting their water company to get the Ca content of their water?

I don't think this is accurate, as I've called the water company and was given 2 or 3 results done by an independent company to analyze the water sampled in such and such locations. The results would imply that the water in my city is generally very clean with few dissolved solids.

Reason for my speculation of it's inaccuracy. My downtown water supply creates calcium deposits on my aquarium. My previous home near the perimeter of my city never showed such build up on my aquarium, pumps, and even shower build up was minimal. Furthermore at this previous location my turtles began to have Ca deficiencies displayed by their shells losing pigmentation which is the first sign of their shells softening. My brother who has turtles and lives in a slummy ass area of the city has two turtles that are fine on tap water meaning he has a considerable amount of Ca in his water, the build up of Ca I see on his aquariums is considerably more than that of the downtown location.

Needless to say, Ca is the most present mineral in hardwater in the form of lime/chaulk - calcium carbonate, then Mg Magnesium, then possibly Fe Iron, Al Aluminum, Mn Manganese. I use the chemical abbv because theyre used more frequently in nutrient chemistry. These compounds will occur as ions if anyone cares to know Ca2+, Mg2+, etc etc...

Ca is visibly detectable in your showers, aquariums, etc as a white powdery stain.

Mg will more than likely be present when Ca is present, As far as I know there's no telltale signs of Mg presence.

Fe will be visibly present as a red tint in your water

If Mn is present it will be present with the Fe in lesser amounts
--------------------

I don't suggest using rusty water at all....

--------------------

TROLLS NEED LOVE TOO!

OfflineFugueRider
 User Gallery

#302528 - 10/23/09 03:04 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Does anyone have any idea as to why these buds don't smell even remotely like marijuana?

When it was on the plant, it smelled somewhat like marijuana. Then I harvested. Now it is dry and during in a mason jar. It doesnt' however, smell even remotely like marijuana. I just don't get why it doesn't smell like marijuana.

OfflineSpaceMonkey
Mind Pilot
Male

Loc: Hawaiian Islands Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #302536 - 10/23/09 03:20 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

No offense, but that bud looks like some weak bag seed strain! It looks real whispy and all leaf and pistils. I can definitely say that it is NOT NYCSD or at least it doesn't look like any i have had.

But if it don't smell like cannabis, what does it smell like then? Hay and straw? Perhaps dry cut grass?

At least ya got something to smoke for a while!

--------------------

:guns: Don't Mistake My Kindness For Weakness :guns:

OfflineFugueRider
 User Gallery

Re: Dank Sativa Buds From My Second Grow [Re: SpaceMonkey]
    #302546 - 10/23/09 03:26 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

SpaceMonkey said:
No offense, but that bud looks like some weak bag seed strain! It looks real whispy and all leaf and pistils. I can definitely say that it is NOT NYCSD or at least it doesn't look like any i have had.

But if it don't smell like cannabis, what does it smell like then? Hay and straw? Perhaps dry cut grass?

At least ya got something to smoke for a while!

No offense taken. Yeah, it pretty much smells like tea leaves or something.

Invisiblecaptain.koons
Failed Botanist
Trusted Cultivator
    #302657 - 10/23/09 06:01 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Yeah man...

if I were to categorize that shit I'd say it came from Mexican Ditch weed or perhaps some sort of exotic sativa not bred to produce stacked calyxes.

IMO anything with that much of a leaf to calyx (I can't see any) is amongst the ditchiest of sativas. Even thai buds produce buds...

Do you have any pictures of it growing?

--------------------

TROLLS NEED LOVE TOO!

InvisibleFurrowedBrowM
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #302666 - 10/23/09 06:09 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

hey man, i had the same issue with a couple of the plants from my first grow.  I just figured it was the seeds themselves since they were at least 5 years old.  They were also from some unknown bagseed.  As a matter of fact i had another plant that was from some mexican weed, bagseed, and it doesn't really smell like pot either, when it's in the jar.  However, i sent some of it to a friend in arizona and I just happened to be there when he got it.  He opened it and the whole apartment reeked within about 20 seconds.  It was great!  But i can't tell you with any certainty why it doesn't smell.  just sharing a similar experience with you.

--------------------

~ Thomas Jefferson ~

OfflineFugueRider
 User Gallery

#302908 - 10/24/09 06:41 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

FurrowedBrow said:
...i sent some of it to a friend in arizona and I just happened to be there when he got it.  He opened it and the whole apartment reeked within about 20 seconds.  It was great!  But i can't tell you with any certainty why it doesn't smell.  just sharing a similar experience with you.

I posted this same thread over at rollitup for more feedback as well. A bunch of guys over there had similar stories. I'll just let it cure for a few weeks and see what happens. I gotta order some new seeds from a reputable seed bank when I get some extra bread, and start from scratch though. It's a little frustrating, but at least in the meantime I have learned how to grow.

Invisiblematt
 User Gallery

#302989 - 10/24/09 11:37 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Not bad for a first run.

OfflineFugueRider
 User Gallery

Re: Dank Sativa Buds From My Second Grow [Re: matt]
    #312030 - 11/07/09 08:48 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Well, the buds from the rest of my plants are a lot more dense than the bud from that first plant. Still though, the plants weren't that heady yielders. It is solid weed though, and I have about an ounce and a half of it. Plus fourteen grams of honey oil. So I am all set with weed for a while. I have two new strains that I am going to experiment with, and I will keep growing one of the supposed NYCSD plant with each grow to see if I can keep tweaking its performance.

Peace y'all!

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom